Welcome to PatsFans.com

Press at White House

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Jun 16, 2012.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#15 Jersey
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What's this?!? A member of the media actually asked the President of the United States a question?!?!?!?!? Lord have mercy, send that man to Leavenworth!!!!!!! :bricks: :bricks:

Guy throws a shoe at George Bush and he's a hero of the left. Reporter asks Obama a question and he's a pariah. :rofl: :rofl:
  3. IndyPatriotsfan

IndyPatriotsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's just another example of ignorant right wingers disrespect for the President. The President clearly states that this is not the time for questions and the man doesn't get it. He just wants to show his ***** and try to make a name for himself. And of course, wolfpack sees no problem with it. If this type of disrespect was shown to a republican his head would explode.
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yeah... We wouldn't want to go interrupting the president while he's circumventing congress now would we? :rolleyes:

Besides, what a silly question. I mean really..... It not like flooding another 800,000 illegal workers into an already sh!tty 8% unemployment market could have much of an effect right?

We have a little something in this country called the "rule of law". When this President starts following it, like all the ones before him have, perhaps he'll start seeing some of the same respect afforded to him.
  5. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Back in the day if bush were speaking this ahh "reporter" would have been arrested.
  6. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You mean when reagun gave amnesty to 3 million illegals back in 1987, oh wait that was different. :rolleyes: More righty hypocrisy
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

This president doesn't deserve respect and he has brought it all on himself he is beginning to act just like many said he would "A Little Dictator"

The damage this man is putting on America will take years to fix, you young people and your children will pay for this "Poster Boy Sweet Talking Leg Tingling Rock Star Bullsh!t" that the fawning gushing starry eyed fools elected.

I don't think you will see many of his groupies fainting this time around.

We have 12 million illegal aliens wandering around this country now this idiot wants to give amnesty to a few more million, when your the minorty the freedoms you now have will just be memorys.

AMERICA AND IT'S PEOPLE WELCOME LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S REVEREND ONCE SAID "GOD DAMN AMERICA" BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA SAT IN THE FRONT PEW AND LISTENED TO THIS BIGOT HATE FILLED BASTARD FOR TWENTY YEARS, WHY....:confused:
  8. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: You sound like a scared old white haired dude. Oh yeah, i almost forgot the shrub 'n' chief started a war illegally, he and his traitoris crony's lied to get us into iraq. They should all be in leavenworth.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Actually, now that you mention it, yeah that was different because that was a bill introduced to both houses of congress, debated by congress, voted on and passed by both houses of congress, reconciled in committee, then voted on again and passed again by both houses of congress, before finally being signed into law by the president.

Thank you for noting the difference.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You know how you can tell a liberal in here is totally getting PWNED in a thread? They either

1) Play the race card, or
    2) hijack the thread into a discussion of Iraaaaaaaaaaaaaq!, or
    3) All of the above

:rofl: :rofl:
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Typical lefty BS response.

Answered and totally powned. :rolleyes:

12. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Obfuscation will get you no where, besides i think hb can speak for himself. Go make us some bacon and eggs mon amie, and make it snappy.
  13. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I guess you have no real answer. Oh i almost forgot wasn't reagun that let all those criminal cuban boat people in, yes i believe it was. In fact he welcomed them with open arms.

[​IMG]

Own this
  14. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Go make us some bacon and eggs?????

I ain't your b!tch sweetpea........ Don't treat me like one. Oh wait....... that's all you really got isn't it. Hyperbole and insults. Yeah....... we got it. typical playbook lefty sh!t.
  15. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Was i talkin to you? no i don't think i was.
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Heibel is taking a thread about Obama and illegal immigration, and responding with a pathetic attempt to change the subject into Bush and Iraq.

He's got absolutely nothing. The more he posts, the more he demonstrates it.
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#15 Jersey
    An angry Iraq (in Iraq) throws a shoe at Bush and thats a precedent to interrupt a President at the White House. Got it. Like I said, it is irrelevent if you don't like his policy, you have to follow protocol.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

ROFLMAO

You do realize he was answering Wolfpack, don't you? And the words
    "make us some bacon and eggs" is a direct quote from Wolfpack - who uses it, not only in his signature pictures, but as a comeback to certain "lefties" he disagrees with.....and he (and the moderators here) all seem to think it is not a sexist, degrading, or insulting remark at all - in spite of all the protest to the contrary.

Be that as it may - the "hyperbole and insult" is definitely NOT "typical playbook lefty sh!t" - it is typical Wolfpack sh!t.

Thanks for recognizing it and calling like it is, though. Much appreciated.
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No, I actually don't.......

I don't troll here on a daily basis.
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

Well, you've made 8,000 posts somewhere here....I assume it works the same on whatever board you're trolling on - if you quote someone in your post, as Hebeill quoted Wolfpack, that's who you're responding to.

I mean, you quoted Hebeill when you responded to him, didn't you? Why would you think it worked any different when Hebeill quoted Wolfpack?
  21. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Heaven forbid we let facts get in the way, but it has been months since I have told anyone to get me some bacon and eggs, and even longer since I've told you to do it.

If you look at my signature, which is not directed at anyone specific at all, and interpret it as being directed at you, then that's your problem and not mine. BTW, and just out of curiousity, what's your opinion of someone in this forum who says "Suck my ****"? Is that inappropriate, sexist language, or is that ok?

Tell ya what. Let's make a deal. There's absolutely no shortage of sarcastic, sniping comments from people in this forum. Many on the left do it as do many on the right, and that certainly includes me. I want you to tell me right now if you think:

A) I should treat you like I treat just about every other liberal in here, or
    B) I should go easy on you because you're a woman

If you tell me I should go easy on you because you're a woman, then I swear with God as my witness I will. So let me know if that's what you want.
  22. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

I don't believe I said anything about myself in my post here, did I? I said "certain lefties" and I never mentioned names. But hey, if you feel guilty about saying to one individual more than another, that's fine with me.

As for it being "months" since you've told anyone to get in the kitchen and make you something......let me refresh your memory....(and before you argue semantics with me, it's the "get in the kitchen and make me" that's rude, demeaning and sexist - not the item requested.

6/15/12
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/921859-jeb-bush-page3.html#post3061849

6/08/12
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...walker-needs-your-help-page8.html#post3058775

6/08/12
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...walker-needs-your-help-page7.html#post3058691

6/08/12
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...walker-needs-your-help-page7.html#post3058607

6/03/12
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...zimmerman-bond-revoked-page2.html#post3055118

No, it's not ok....and that person was removed from the thread. Justifiably so.

I don't think you should treat anyone here the way you treat them....man, woman or child. You're rude, argumentative and confrontational with anyone who doesn't agree with you.
  23. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Actually yeah, you kinda did when you accused me of being sexist. Unless you meant I made sexist comments directed towards Jack or Titus?
    :rofl: :rofl: I knew that comment would keep you busy for the evening! :rofl: :rofl:

I said what I meant and I stand by my statement: It has been months since I have told anyone to get me some bacon and eggs. :rocker: :rocker:
    So that makes me just like about a dozen other member of this forum - including your husband. But tsk tsk, Mrs., that wasn't one of the available answer options.

Just say the word, ma'am, just say the word.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  24. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey

:popcorn:

:popcorn: ...:popcorn:

:popcorn: ...:popcorn: ...:popcorn:

25. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

LMAO LMAO LMAO... righties pwned again.

Moving on to the actual topic of the thread, an Iraqi throwing a shoe at the shrub isn't the same thing as a member of the press corps -- they seem to let anybody in these days -- heckling the president during a speech.

There's a set choreography to white house pressers. Hell, there's even the parallel choreography to NFL pressers. You ask questions during the official time to ask questions. You don't interrupt the speech.

You guys would be bleeding out yer ears if someone did this to Belichick, and he's a freaking football coach. Obama's the leader of the free world, amigos, like it or not. Nobody in the "librul media" did this to Bush.

Righty hypocrisy point #2: I see there's a complaint about the president "circumventing" Congress.

Notwithstanding the unprecedented obstructionism on the part of pubbies in both houses at present, and the previous obstructionism on the part of the pubbie Senate, there is the little matter of previous pubbie presidents' behavior when they didn't get their way. George "the Decider" Bush ring a bell? Obama's doing whatever he can in the absence of a functioning legislative branch, and it's a damn good thing he is.

Everybody else in the country sees this but the right: It's good for the right if the economy tanks. Therefore, the right is trying to make the economy tank. And in some ways, because he hasn't been a "little dictator," Obama's been complicit. In other words, he's doing what he can, under the law. He also kicked off some demand-cutting fed-bashing himself, adding to the fustercluck the pubbies so dearly desire.

That's a side-track, though. Obama's doing what any president would do confronted by the useless anti-governing congress Obama's got to deal with.

Ain't no way to spin it, red state regulars -- your boys are big bad revolutionaries, finding new ways to disgrace this country's institutions.

And make no mistake, that's what this is. Whether you like Obama or not, the attacks on him in many ways are attacks on the office: Sharon Angel shaking her finger at him in a photo-op, Joe "You Lie" Wilson, now this next nebbish interrupting his speech with a speech of his own. The right's showing itself to be bitter and ugly, and that's one thing about it. But they're not just "taking down the president a peg," they're taking down the office of the presidency a peg.

You don't think some yahoo can walk up to a pubbie president and shake his finger at him, or interrupt his state of the union speech with a shout-out from the peanut gallery, or try to "question" over a speech in the rose garden?

Anybody can do it. There's a reason we don't.

PFnV
  26. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

This arrogant incompetent president isn't like any other president we have had his own actions and attitude invite that kind of interuption, more of them should do it.
  27. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

The incivility is unprecedented. If anything, this president's behavior in office is unremarkable. Lyndon Johnson and FDR both went further than him in terms of creating our social safety net. Many presidents have used any given specific tactic more -- such as use of executive orders -- in order to move the ball down the field on their agendas.

The only thing that makes Obama different is the color of his skin, and surely, Harry, you and the rabid right can't be banking on the aberrant behavior of the right being accepted on that basis.

Is that not the case? Then convince me that Obama's behaved as you claim. I.e., show me where he has, for example, suspended habeus corpus, like Lincoln did, or establish a new "theory" where for the first time torture is legal if we do it, like Bush did. Show me where he sent in national guard troops to enforce the agenda of his administration, as happened in Little Rock under Eisenhower or in the cities under Johnson. Show me where he declared they'd just have a bigger supreme court so he could stack it like FDR tried to do.

All his actions have been right down the center, but the center's not good enough, is it?

How does the right get away with this? They claim he's somehow different from all other presidents, as you just did, Harry. But the ones in the know, know that he's not different from other presidents, in terms of the limits of the office.

How is he different? Why do so many people just blow off this kind of unprecedented attack on not just Obama, but the office of the president?

I think this is a question you should look inside to answer Harry.

What, really, makes Obama so different?

PFnV
  28. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Oh really? I thought you said Obama was just like Bush? I myself have said that. In fact, the problems we're having in this country can be traced back to the actions of all presidents since Carter. The difference is, you, 13 and Wolfie conveniently give yourself and anyone else permission to treat this president with more disrespect than any of his predecessors... for some reason.
  29. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The guy was wrong. You shouldn't interupt the president like that. It's just flat wrong and disrespectful.

Heibel, how'd that "one-time" Amnesty work out for us?

Anyone know why the president never answers questions though?

I think with more actions, or decisions like this one, the more likely it is that he loses come November. Personally, I'm beginnin to think that his internal polling shows him hemmoraging middle-class, white, and independent voters. Hence the decision to pander to special interest groups and fire up his core, base supporters. I've heard some people discuss this when he announced his "evolution" on gay marraige, and this move here would seem to support that theory.
  30. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I wouldn't have objected if a reporter did that to Bush, politicians should expect that, they did a good job on Bush in the left wing media Dan Rather ruined his own life over his obsession to "get Bush" Bush, Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan, Johnson they are all nothing but stinking politicians, some happen to be a little better than others but deep down they are still "lying grinning politicians" Obama thought democrats & star struck groupies would still be fawning and fainting when he opened his mouth but he has screwed himself out of all that crap.

Even running against this other Bullsh!t Artist (Romney) it is becoming quite clear that Beautiful Obama may soon join Jimmy Carter.