Welcome to PatsFans.com

Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Nov 12, 2007.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

How would you rate the job that George Bush has done during his two terms (current term counts as a complete term) as President. On a scale of one to ten with one being a total failure and ten being totally successful. Please feel free to comment after you post your number.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

0.........Is that the number for Piece of Sh-t Traitor?:mad:

3. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You may be right, NEM. The poll idea came to me after the response from Patsfan13 on the Plamgate thread. If a person feels that outing a CIA agent is fair game to further their political agenda, then it would be logical that they would have a high regard for this leader. By not responding to the poll, speaks volumes.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +510 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Without thinking through every issue I'd give him about a 5. Some stuff I don't like, Iraq, Illegal Immigration, Expansion of Spending. Other things I do like, Tax Cuts, Supreme Court Appointees, Attempting to Reform Social Security.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

0.25. He has no accomplishments to speak of. Even in Afghanistan, it looks like success will be left to the next administration. He caved on North Korea, finally going with more or less the Clinton plan. He took out Iran's biggest enemy, and now they're devoting their energies to developing nukes. The weak dollar has not only enhanced our deficit, but has led to foreign countries have more and more economic control over us. He has not created any new allies for us, and our relations with old allies are strained. He's done nothing about the environment. His attempts at SS reform failed, though his Medicare prescription changes appear to be somewhat positive. He's failed to get anything done on immigration. 6 years after 9/11, we still haven't caught the main culprit. He has given more money than his predecessors to fighting AIDS.

6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The worst President in the history of the Union, so bad that his actions may end up destroying this country and what it used to stand for.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +510 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I thought you would consider this good as you would surely oppose his partial privatization plan ?

:bricks:

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Yeah, my point is he failed by any measure.

9. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

drum roll..............................(number)................

10. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd say I'll give him a 4.

I approve of his policy of preemption abroad, tax cuts here at home, and choices for the supreme court, but I believe the war in Iraq has until very recently been grossly mishandled, and not enough has been done to secure us here at home (whether through tightening of borders, increased scrutiny on shipping ports, etc). Domistically he spent too much money, and was unwilling/unable to enact any real change to decrease the size of the federal government or fix social security even with a Republican congress (of course they share the blame for that though, more concerned about staying in power than doing anything constructive).

In the long run I don't think history will judge him as harshly as we do right now, but to someone who expected a real conservative, especially after he won re-election, it has been a disappointment.

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The "Clinton Plan" was to make an agreement with N. Korea and then turn a blind eye while they violated every aspect of said agreement.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have no right to ask anyone any questions in here, given your cowardice and refusal to answer one single, simple question of mine.

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +510 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

First, I'm going to drop my vote to a 4; I think I'm about 50-50 on issues but his misses were on bigger issues than his hits.

- I agree with all tax cuts, even ones I don't benefit from.

- I like both of his SC nominees, good, solid Conservatives.

- SS may have "worked" just as putting money under your mattress may "work". But I have no interest in a government retirement system. None. SS should be 20% of what it is and go to those who really need it instead of trying to be everything to everyone. I'd much prefer to pay 20% that I do and know I'd get zero back than put in 100% and expect to get it all back.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +510 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

There's basically no risk to investing money for social security as long as the investment is long term. Over a month or a year or a few years you can lose money. Over a decade or two it's never happened. But that's beside the point. I don't want to be forced to put 14% into some clump to be used as the government dictates. If I have to put, say, 3% in so the unfortunate don't have to live on the streets, so be it. But I want to be responsible for my money and my retirement and not depend on the government for it.

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

So you are not going to rate Bush??

IMO Bush will go down in History as one of the worse of all time, I go along grading him on the curve he gets a .50

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Whatever you say, but it's basically the same one that Bush finally made after he caved. The only difference was, Bush, at refusing to negotiate (and having no other plan of action), allowed N. Korea to advance its nuclear program far further than Clinton did.

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This from the coward too chicken to answer one single, simple question. He has an opinion on anything and everything, except this one simple question he isn't man enough to answer.

18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Much like Truman, history will remember him more favorably than the current day critics. And there is no way whatsoever history will regard him as a worse Prez than Carter.

19. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

NEM, what did the justices lie about in their confirmation hearings? I didn't see really any of the Roberts confirmation, but I watched pretty much all of the Alito hearings and can't think of what you might be talking about.

20. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You made your point. At this point in time, how do you rate Bush on a scale of 1-10.