Welcome to PatsFans.com

Presidential Airways, DBA Blackwater Aviation gets another 92 Million

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 1, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Find the title of this Blackwater Subsidiary ironic to say the least, guess the boys in the Pentagon want to continue the influence of this unregulated army.. why not pay these guys 4 or 5 times the amount that the guys who do the same job.. cannot understand the need to continue to outsource this work, when this money should go directly to the military.. keep creating layer and layer, but gotta remember that the function of any bureaucracy is to perpetuate itself.. they are doing a good job. Does anyone know if there is an ethics law that prohibits those who are in the business of rewarding contracts retiring and then goes to work for Blackwater et al??.. sounds like an ethics violation to me... but then again it is inside the beltway, so do what you want they are the gov't.

http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts/contract.aspx?contractid=3615

UNITED STATES TRANSPORTATION COMMAND

Presidential Airways, Inc., an aviation Worldwide Services company (d/b/a Blackwater Aviation), Moyock, N.C., is being awarded an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) type contract for $92,000,000.00. The contractor is to provide all fixed-wing aircraft, personnel, equipment, tools, material, maintenance and supervision necessary to perform passenger, cargo and combi Short Take-Off and Landing air transportation services between locations in the Area of Responsibility of Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan. This contract was competitively procured and two timely offers were received. The performance period is from 1 Oct. 2007 to 30 September 2011. The United States Transportation Command Acquisition Directorate, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC7 11 -08-D-0010).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +232 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

Since theses guys are mercinaries,and not OFFICIAL U.S. troops then it adds a buffer between thoses giving the orders and thoses carrying them out. The administration can deny direct involment in what BW is doing. Like a Mafia boss ordering a hit threw a second or third party. If i'm understanding it correctly.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

There's no such thing as a military air transportation wing that can get stuff moved more cheaply than almost any civilian operation. I'm sure Air France could do it cheaper than Blackwater too, but I doubt they put in a bid. We don't want Delta, United etc, involved. This is Afghanistan after all.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

I wonder how Pant Suit Hillary will handle all this war stuff?

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

A free $5000 for every baby born.

Now that's for :bricks:

//

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

we can always count on the Crusaders to contribute absolutely nothing to the thread allegations, and plenty to irrelevant Clinton deflection... rinse, repeat... comical, actually...

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

It's been explained to you why they give them the money to do this, so what's surprising is you inability to understand the simple basics of supply and demand. You can't double the size of the military overnight, and therefore, when you need more troops, or a bigger logistical force, you hire them. Think of Labor Ready, or Accountempts.

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

Yeah, I'm sure Delta, Air France, and United are looking to fly into combat zones, on short runways, with their fleet of aircraft.

9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

We're in debt out the kazoo.
    The dollar's sinking like a stone.
    We are outsourcing our economy by about a third of a per cent every month to China.
    Social Security is going to be gone in ten years.

And Hillary says: "We need to give every child born $5000 at their birth."

Well, now, if I'm living in Mexico, that sure does sound appetizing to me!! "Ay, carumba!! Let's make babies, chiquita!!"

----------

As a black guy once said to me after I asked him if he thought paying some kind of reparations was a good idea: "Man, the Cadillac dealers of America wouldn't know what hit 'em."

//

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

But you can double the size of Blackwater over night, with much higher salaries and less regulation.... the analogy to Labor Ready makes no sense.. they do labor, Blackwater carries big guns.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

It makes lots of sense. It's more like you can't make simple sense of it. Blackwater doesn't require 13 weeks of bootcamp. Blackwater isn't patrolling the streets, embedding with IA, or commanding didly. What they are doing, especially here, is flying cargo planes into a combat zones. In the other area's, they are providing security details for government officials, and politicians. They run security for convoys too. Think of them as Brinks, Labor Ready, Accounttemps, a body guard, and a bouncer all rolled into one. If you needed an accountant you could call one faster than you could hire, train, educate, and administer one.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

I guess in your world efficiency is better than structure, efficiency is better than having a military hierarchy, efficiency is better than a chain of command.. I have had an issue with their increase in size, astronomical salaries and being outside of the military chain of command since the onset. This will spell nothing but trouble for this effort and future efforts, to have an unregulated mercenary force is not a good this for the US and less for the soldiers who get paid about 25% of what they get paid. It will only continue to drain our armed forces of the best and brightest, and today there are stories about how they abused their power all over the newspaper.

Call me old fashioned, but the military should be doing what they are doing, they will do it less expensively, in a chain of command with accountability and an established systems of rewards for doing a job well.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

I simply explained why they exist, what they are being used for, and why there is a market for them. I never said I Like Blackwater. I'd love to have a 10 million man army, but we don't have one, and even increasing one by 40,000+ takes year(s). It's exactly because of those old fashioned reasons you talk about.

A military will certainly do it cheaper than a private contractor will in these conditions. What you're continually failing to comprehend, is that the military is not an instantaneous organization. To have a million troops, you're talking signing people to 3-4 year contract commitments. You're talking training, equiping, administering, organizing, etc... those people into a structured force. Having a million soldiers today would mean having had 900,000 four years ago, or 800,000 eight years ago, and increasing over those 8 years to a million. You cannot double the size of your force overnight. That's why there is a market for companies like Blackwater.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh... in case you missed it... gotta love this:

Blackwater to guard feds investigating Blackwater.

On Monday, the FBI announced that it would be sending “a team to Iraq to investigate the role of Blackwater USA in last month’s shoot-out in Baghdad that killed 11 Iraqis.” Today, the New York Daily News reports that the investigators “will be protected by bodyguards from the very same firm” that they are investigating. “What happens when the FBI team decides to go visit the crime scene? Blackwater is going to have to take them there,” a senior U.S. official said.​

hollow investigation this will be, without a doubt...

15. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are indeed specific ethic laws that prevent anyone that participates in the administration of the contract from taking a job within established time lines.

At least some of the these Air Force cargo haulers that bust their ass day in and day out, have a nice cherry job on the other side to consider.

Remember the CIA had it's own airline during Vietnam....