Welcome to PatsFans.com

President stud muffin frees captn :p

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Apr 12, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

How dumb does this look?

See, difference is I know it looks dumb.

Right wing reactionary knee jerkers: How come you don't know your inflammatory rot looks dumb? For that matter, why don't you support the United States of America? Why do you root for the bad guys, just so that you can post inflammatory crap about the President of the U.S.?

You disgust me.

PFnV
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good God, at least get a room. :steamed: Chris Matthews will go "halvsies" with you.

//
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Sour grapes you man LOST. Like someone said about the RT. " losing is suppose to taste like a sh!t sandwich" ...Deal with it, because it could last for 8 years...get use to it..
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Because the left wing did the same thing to Bush and they did even worse to a Women Governor (Sarah) just because she had the nerve to "Be There" the hate showed towards this women was even worse then that showed for Bush, Jenna Bush, Jeb Bush and Jebs Daughter all had to suffer under the "Democrat Hate Machine" Kathleen Wiley had her cat killed by the bastards, Democrat Garbage Hunters traveled to Alaska and went through Sarah's rubbish barrel.

We Don't Support, We Criticize, We Call Names
    But We Don't Hate...................:snob:
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Is Barack Obama a Navy SEAL now?

I'm glad for the Captain and all, but this really was not politic. Just a couple crook got what was coming to them.
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

Oh I agree, it ain't politics, although it's news.

Obama authorized evidently, twice. Doesn't make him a SEAL.

and if the rescue failed, he still wouldn't be a SEAL.

The point is, there were multiple threads on how Obama's a pantywaist, and how this or that right wing messiah would have blown the boat out of the water and how Obama was responsible for the incident.

One or the other dudes, one or the other.

PFnV
  7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,192 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Jesus, PiNY, the OP had "sarcastic irony" flashing neon for ya - - you didn't see it?
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

I give Obama credit, he acted the way a Commander In Chief should act when somebody tries to crap on our country.

What Now, if we have ships sailing these waters in the future will we arm them will we give them permission to Shoot Sink And Kill the pirates...............:confused:
  9. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,192 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Maybe it shouldn't be politics but the Admin can expect a minimum five point bounce out of this job approval wise, even more in the 'strong leader' catagory. Its just how people think.
  11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,192 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I have to agree with you completely, though this does remind me of left wing knee jerkers like Rosie that reacted with the "Gulf of Tonkin...google it" remark when the British sailors were sized by the Iranians. She basically said the United States and Britain staged the whole thing in order to start a war with Iran...........a notion not disputed and even supported by some here on this board........therefore:

Left wing reactionary knee jerkers: How come you don't know your inflammatory rot looks dumb? For that matter, why don't you support the United States of America? Why do you root for the bad guys, just so that you can post inflammatory crap about the President of the U.S.?

Is it exactly the same? No, but I found myself as disgusted then as we are now.

......And PatsFanInVa, you shouldn't have used such a lefty description of the president in your title. It almost fooled me into thinking you were serious:D
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

Okay now we're not just looking back at previous administrations, we're looking at "somebody once posted..." during previous administrations :)

Someone's ALWAYS saying stupid chit, granted. The point here goes to precisely that point, on this (a current) issue.

You would think that now we're all going "ohhhhhhh I see, now I feel like it would be lame to credit Obama for a rescue, so maybe blaming Obama for piracy in the first place was lame." Yeah I'm holding my breath on that one.

As another poster here said, it is "just how people think," which is scary right there. After taking relentless heat for being a "do nothing" president and a "wimp," Carter launched a failed rescue attempt, pretty much encapsulating the red-meat approach... but it didn't work. Reagan gave arms, a cake in the shape of a key, and a bible to the bad guys.... oh yeah, and traded arms for the hostages. There's your "Hard line" guy they know better than to mess with. Who's the wimp? Carter of course.

This time the rescue worked. Because of "the way people think," you have to give credit to the CinC, to the extent that he said "yeah sure go for it, do what you need to do." But it's a binary choice, not some kind of genius policy decision.

I am more than anything happy for the guys that pulled it off and happy for our merchant marine, if only because they can say "Hey screw YOU pirates."

Sure the problem remains. But it sure is nice that "just another thing going wrong" turned into a feel-good rescue. Sometimes the bottom line is you're just happy it came out okay.

Now about those other dozens of ships anchored off Somalia...
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not a Navy Seal....... maybe an Easter Seal, though. .... :woohoo:

//
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

:americaflag:
    Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. Maybe I'm guilty of deflecting away from this particular incident in order to make my own point about the apparent flip-flop of criticism according who's in charge but you’re right. This outcome does make me feel good and it was a great Easter present (I know, not politically correct:eek:) for the families and crew of that ship, for the Navy and for the United States. :americaflag:
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+5] About freaking time!!! [/size]

//
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

OTOH, some people on the right are waiting anxiously for Obama to fail (Let's See How Obama Handles This). There has been a posting concerning Obama's 'disasters'. Yes, he gave some old videos to a Gordon Brown. I tried to reason to the member that a disaster was a preemptive strike on another country, or a hurricane gone wrong. Heck, anyone read some of the responses to the death of Obama's grandmother?
    Obama will make a strategic mistake and the this board will be in its hay day. Anyone who doesn't think that that Obama would get slammed had the captain died is in denial. Carter on the hostage crisis; Clinton and Elian Gonzales, Waco, Ruby Ridge. All of these incidents became hot issues for detractors as would this piracy had it gone wrong.
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

look at the libbies pounding their chests like the little dorks who don't know how to fight

I don''t believe obama was involved in the recovery of the captain although I wonder why the defense department had to ask obama twice to authorize military action......

he's a little kitty
  19. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

LMAO! This from the same member who posted "let's see how Obama handles this one".
  20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,192 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

"Let's see how Obama handles this one"!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

You're a Chicken Hawk, plain and simple.

THIS "liberal dork" has served his country as a TS/SCI for the NSA in parts of the world that would have you darkening your drawers in 5 seconds.

Your big talk here is like the 8 year old laughing and whistling nervously past the graveyard knowing full well that he will be wetting his bed that night from the mere thought of it all.

You fool no one, kid.