Welcome to PatsFans.com

President Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

this would be humorous if this wasnt so serious. This isnt casting the lead in a TV series. If and when John McCain croaks in office, this person will be the most powerful human being in the world. She was mayor. wow! Governor of Alaska for less than 2 years. wow! Well i feel better about her standing up to Putin then :rolleyes:

and puh-leeze, every time the Republicans try to compare her to Obama it makes me hope Joe Biden looks at her and says "You are no Barack Obama"

Condi Rice, Elizabeth Dole, and Kay Bailey Hutchinson would have been far better choices if McCain wanted to pick a woman.

This is a joke.

and if the Democrats picked a woman of this "stature" you can be sure the Republicans would be ridiculing it.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

How do you think some of us feel about President Obama and his 2 years as a Senator. That's a joke too.

One difference - Obama is running for President. Palin would need someone to die first.
  3. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

i guess you are right, then Dan Quayle, based purely on the resume, was far superior to John F. Kennedy.
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 7 / -9

How is 2004-2008 two years, BFan? Maybe you guys are just upset because you're misinformed. See, that's better now, innit?
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Because he's spent two of the years as a Presidential candidate.
  6. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yea, I'd love good ole Joe B. to say that.

I agree she is no BO. Thank, God. We don't need another.

Oh, and Palin has accomplished more in two years than BO has in his entire career. Your argument is getting weaker every day.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

:confused:

Obama has a thin resume and has no accomplishments on it. He's as close to Dan Quayle is as Palin.
  8. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You're right it is four years. So basically he has not done anything remarkable in four years in the senate, not two. Thanks for the clarification.
  9. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Please enlighten me on the Obama accomplishments.

I am sure as a community organizer he gained the experience to deal
    with foreign affairs.

Palin fought corruption in her own party and won.

I cannot see Obama fighting corruption in the the democratic party.
    There is plenty to fight in both partys.

When the top of your ticket has Obama you can not throw stones.

Obama will not win any votes attacking Palin.

On the other hand, I am sure that the media "Chris Mathews & Katie Couric"
    will feel that it is their duty as part of the Obama campaign to question
    her experience.
  10. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I can just picture it.

"Ladies and Gentleman, with my husband and my 5 children at my side, I ask for your prayers as I carry on President McCains program. Tomorrow I have a meeting with that guy from Iran, and from what ive been reading about the last few weeks hes really tough. But if I stared down that hockey coach after he let one his players slash by son with his stick, i have no doubt I can handle this man! Like I always say, dont underestimate the power of a woman!!!!!! And ive been reading up on Iraq, and i agree with what President McCain said, I trust everything Gen Petreaus has to say and i will go with whatever he says. After all, what do i know? Im not there!!!!!!
    Anyway...I want to thank you all for this opportunity, I think its important we show my daughters that a mom can be President, and well, gee, if you dont agree you must be sexist.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

LMFAO. Wow that was a good one. WTF is a Barack Obama other than some guy running for President. He's done nothing. NOTHING. You're no Barack Obama is a compliment, it means you've actually accomplished something.
  12. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

what do you mean, he took on and beat the Clintons didnt he?? ;)
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Hey Lifer, I guess she doesn't advocate for enough abortions for your liking, huh?
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Look, I think Palin is a very risky pick and all, but how can someone make light of fearing her becoming POTUS, as VP, and then turn around a vote for Obama for the top seat? Who's more important, Matt Cassell, or Tom Brady? Fearing Palin, and voting for Obama, is akin to being mortified of Cassell, and thus pushing to start Giuterez (sp?).
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

o has no accomplishments in his life other than graduating college and getting elected BFD. Palin is far more capable IMO.
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 7 / -9

Because that's what you want to believe guys.

State of 12,800,000.
    State of 670,000 (or is it 620? Decimal dust... but 10% of Alaska's population)

Obama - 4 years in the Senate
    Palin - a year and a half as a governor

Obama - eight years as a state senator, again, in a state of almost 13 million

Palin - Mayor of a town of 5-6000 for 4 years... during which time she put the town 20 million bucks in debt.

In each case the amount of time served is more than double. In each case, the populations served are orders of magnitude grater.

Now, this is a little unfair I think, but the committees Obama has served on in the US Senate include:

Member, Senate Foreign Relations Committee
    Chairman, Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs
    Member, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
    Member, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
    Member, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs

Since Palin isn't in the Senate, she can't very well compete on these grounds. But as I understand it we'll use as a stand-in that Alaska has a border with Canada and is one island hop from Russia. :rolleyes:

Bills / Amendments Passed

OBAMA, 2004-2008

S.AMDT.1041 to S.1082 To improve the safety and efficacy of genetic tests.

S.AMDT.3073 to H.R.1585 To provide for transparency and accountability in military and security contracting.

S.AMDT.3078 to H.R.1585 Relating to administrative separations of members of the Armed Forces for personality disorder.

S.AMDT.41 to S.1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.

S.AMDT.524 to S.CON.RES.21 To provide $100 million for the Summer Term Education Program supporting summer learning opportunities for low-income students in the early grades to lessen summer learning losses that contribute to the achievement gaps separating low-income students from their middle-class peers.

S.AMDT.599 to S.CON.RES.21 To add $200 million for Function 270 (Energy) for the demonstration and monitoring of carbon capture and sequestration technology by the Department of Energy.

S.AMDT.905 to S.761 To require the Director of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering Education to establish a program to recruit and provide mentors for women and underrepresented minorities who are interested in careers in mathematics, science, and engineering.

S.AMDT.923 to S.761 To expand the pipeline of individuals entering the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields to support United States innovation and competitiveness.

S.AMDT.924 to S.761 To establish summer term education programs.

S.AMDT.2519 to H.R.2638 To provide that one of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5 million or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee certifies in writing to the agency awarding the contract or grant that the contractor or grantee owes no past due Federal tax liability.

S.AMDT.2588 to H.R.976 To provide certain employment protections for family members who are caring for members of the Armed Forces recovering from illnesses and injuries incurred on active duty.

S.AMDT.2658 to H.R.2642 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.

S.AMDT.2692 to H.R.2764 To require a comprehensive nuclear threat reduction and security plan.

S.AMDT.2799 to H.R.3074 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.

S.AMDT.3137 to H.R.3222 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.

S.AMDT.3234 to H.R.3093 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.

S.AMDT.3331 to H.R.3043 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.

Other Bills Introduced

S.J.RES.23: A joint resolution clarifying that the use of force against Iran is not authorized by the Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq, any resolution previously adopted, or any other provision of law.

S. 453: Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act of 2007. The Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act of 2007 (H.R.1281), (S.453), would establish criminal penalties for acts of voter deception. Those who knowingly disseminate false information with the intention of keeping others from voting would face up to five years in prison under the legislation. The Act was sponsored by Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.) and 60 cosponsors in the House, and Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and 15 cosponsors in the Senate. (20 Cosponsors)

S. 2030: A bill to amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require reporting relating to bundled contributions made by persons other than registered lobbyists. (1 Cosponsor)

S. 2111: Positive Behavior for Effective Schools Act. A bill to amend the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to allow State educational agencies, local educational agencies, and schools to increase implementation of early intervention services, particularly school-wide positive behavior supports. (3 Cosponsors)

S. 2066: Back to School: Improving Standards for Nutrition and Physical Education in Schools Act of 2007. A bill to establish nutrition and physical education standards for schools.

S. Con. Res. 46: A concurrent resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month

S. 2044: Independent Contractor Proper Classification Act of 2007. A bill to provide procedures for the proper classification of employees and independent contractors, and for other purposes. (6 Cosponsors)

S. 2519: Contracting and Tax Accountability Act of 2007. A bill to prohibit the awarding of a contract or grant in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold unless the prospective contractor or grantee certifies in writing to the agency awarding the contract or grant that the contractor or grantee has no seriously delinquent tax debts, and for other purposes.

S. 2433: Global Poverty Act of 2007. A bill to require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day. (9 Cosponsors)

S. 2330: Veterans Homelessness Prevention Act. A bill to authorize a pilot program within the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development with the goal of preventing at-risk veterans and veteran families from falling into homelessness, and for other purposes. (1 Cosponsor)

For Palin, we again have to say "insufficient data." Why don't you name the measures she acted on on a similar level of magnitude? No slogans, real public-record accomplishments.

I don't want to hear she "took on the old boys network" I want to see exactly what she, gov. palin, did.

I understand she was able to pressure the police to fire a guy her sister was divorced from. That takes some doin'! What else?

PFnV
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  17. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

So that is 340,000,000 spent for "Summer Education, Carbon credits, and the other 40 million went to his wife's hospital, and you think this makes him Presidental material?

You also have to remember this is the first actual election that Obama has had, in true Stalist procedure, he had the other three candidates for State Senate removed from the ballot, for "irregular signatures", and then the made up sex scandal that sidelined Ryan, who would have clearly beaten him in the Senate race.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

If I were ever to meet you can you honestly say any of this with a straight face.. right wing spin, on and on and on..
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Again, I think Palin is a very risky choice, but tell me how being Richard Tisei blows away anything that Palin has done in her career? Palin has had to make more decisions in here her breif tenure as governor,than Obama has had to make in his entire career. I'm a big believer in executive experience, and voting yes, no, or present isn't even remotley close to being the individual who's always holding the last buck.

I personally don't think any of the 4 candidates has the credentials to be president.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

They picked Obama--:singing: