Welcome to PatsFans.com

President Romney

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, May 17, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Get used to that phrase. You heard it here first. He is solidly in the lead in NH, where he will finish strong since NH is just a suburb of Boston and they all watch Boston TV so he has plenty of name recognition. He is overcoming his lack of national name recognition slowly but surely, and winning NH will only help to that extent.
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Multiple Choice Mitt? He may have support in NH, but the bible belt will toss him aside faster than you can say "varmint".
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh really..? And who is the preferred candidate of the Bible Belt...? Pro-choice Guiliani or liberal McCain...?
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good question. I think it'll depend on which of the three actually hides their liberalism best and tricks the base into thinking they give a damn about them.

When Romney boasted about being the governor of the bluest state, I'm guessing he did himself no favors.

Personally, I liked the guy until I saw how shifty he bacame after he announced.
  5. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

NOPE, Hitlery is WILL be... sad but true.

COUNT ON IT...

herby bush (the drug czar), slick willie, baby bush... do you see a trend at all here????
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

gosh.... i thought the BibleBelt was more in line with Brownback or Huckabee...

Anyhow, a Mormon in office???? You're quite certain?

Gotta wonder, do they have it all fixed again for '08??? Continue that faith-based assault on the Great Open Society!!!

Hooray, Christian Fascism!!
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hitlery is a devout christian you know... she will start wearing a cross necklace and go to the main Catholic church in NYC... where all the crap starts from in Amerika.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

True...the name recognition for Huckleberry would get votes in any southern town.

Huckabee/Huckleberry they cant read too well anyhoo. :bricks: Bricks on my bigotry.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 6 / -2

We're fukced people. There isn't a single candidate worth voting for.
  10. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ron Paul????

The only thing that dings him, is that all of the elitests despise him... GREATLY!!!!

So, he really doesn't have a chance, even though he should.

Don't bother voting anyways, that is why the Diebold machine is for:rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Eloquently said, there is no worthy candidate.. they are all the same, they pander and tell people what they want to hear, then get elected and are told what to do by their inner circle of like minded people.
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Ding, ding, ding

Fred Thomspson is gonna enter the race, He might have a shot.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's right there for Al Gore... for him, it's like recovering a fumble in overtime at your opponent's 10-yardline... he only needs put it in the middle and kick the ball through the posts...

i don't care what the GOP trolls say about his kilowatt usage and every other pathetic obfuscation, ... he'd be a lock vs. any Pub in the hunt right now....

if he still wants to be president after being robbed in Florida, it's there for the taking in '08...

he just needs to make the announcement...
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Every right wing republican in America would love to see Gore run it would ensure a landslide victory for the republicans.

Gore belongs in a Mental Institution not in the White House.
    :bricks:
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's the big deal? We already have a moron president...

oh wait! Romney's a mormon

forget it.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

To take a phrase from "Back to the Future"....

"The ACTOR?"
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Thats what the Republicans are counting on, if a Moron beat the Democrats Twice than they shouldn't have any trouble running another Moron, whoever the Moron is he will win, it's just like the Gore/Kerry elections, if Obama or Hillary win the nomination then a Republican Moron will win the election, again.
    :bricks:
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I'm not so sure Harry.

Outside of PC's tired and ridiculous (but predictable) "stolen election" reference, I might agree with him on this. Particularly given the WEAK slate that currently out there.

He has a lot baggage too, but 'on the issues' he would have a fairly broad appeal compaired to other candidates currently running on that ticket. Certainly in the DNC primary fight, he'd make a good run at it. He's similar to Hillary in many ways, but much softer on foriegn policy, WOT issues that the moonbat far left is gonna kill her on.

Even in the general election, I wouldn't count him out. I certainly wouldn't support him simply due to his soft stance on immigration, the WOT (repeal of Patriot Act, etc....), foriegn policy (at least he's been in the arena though). That said, he does have fairly pragmatic views on certain issues (abortion - pro-choice, but against partial birth / Gay marraige - for unions, against full marriage) that are consistant with MANY mainstream views and it would pull center votes his way. He's also a Vietnam Veteran (that opposed the war, went, served, and didn't whine like a little b*tch when he got back :rolleyes: ) that gives him some LEGITMATE credibility when it comes to CiC issues in many peoples eyes (including mine). Sure, he was only a journalist, but at least he has heard guns fired in anger. You may discount that factor, but, compaired to the rest of the field (certainly democrats), it's a advantage.

Also, while he certainly he goes slightly overboard on the GW issues with his rhetoric, it certainly is a topic that resonates with mainstream american people somewhat, including a conservative like me. Add to that the fact that he's a MOVIE STAR, and has great name recognition to the 'drive-by' voters without a clue, he'd be a tough candidate.

Bottom line, if he runs, he has a good shot. It would be tough to unseat Hillary. Then again, her toughest challange is her own party nomination. I'm personally hoping the moonbats send her crashing and they actually are dumb enough to put up someone like Osma..... errrrrr I mean Obama. Ditto Richardson, Edwards et... all. They are all un-electable in a general IMO.

Of course, a lot depends on the Rebublican they are facing (which is a pretty weak field too), but the way I see it, the only two Dems, that have a real shot in general, would be Hillary and Gore.
  19. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think this same formula works for both sides. :rocker:
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Romney will be nominated and probably elected for his looks and his uncanny ability to spew a constant stream of verbal sewerage that the press and most Americans like to hear. The meaningless strings of jingoisma and cliches he puts together waft through the minds of people unable or unwilling to think critically about important issues. Romney recognizes this and is capable of steering himself through this election like a cameleon covered in grease...and he's just getting started! He will be the R nominee and will have a good shot at beating anyone the Ds put up.

Elections are no longer about issues as much as they are about perception and flair. Someone like Ron Paul has no chance in such a shallow environment. He speaks too plainly and sometimes the things he points out to us are too painful to acknowledge.