Welcome to PatsFans.com

President Obama, Completely Wrong on Reason for High Unemployment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, May 12, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

President doofus totally lost and over his head on the economy.

President Obama, Completely Wrong on Reason for High Unemployment - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

3. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

Luckily for Obama for Knoller?

I'd be interested in seeing what Obama actually said.

Funny how 13 assumes video might be tampered with if it shows a pubbie in negative light, but a tweet clearly is reliable if it's anti-Obama
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

You should have read the article the exact quote was there:

What an idiot, no wonder they haven't made a dent in unemployment they don'
    t even know what and where the problem is.

BTW what video do you refer to or is it just another attempt to deflect from Barry's incompetence.

Hope your gov contracts keep rolling in. :D
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  5. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

Maybe you should have posted that instead of a tweet...

You apparently don't know what "in part" means.

Also, was the rest of the speech / answers in the article? If not, you really don't know what his answers were.

I don't remember the video. and how is it deflecting given that I addressed your actual words?

but if you want to play the hypocrite here, I can make a point of pointing out every time you say anything that is unrelated to the post you cite or the thread you are posting in, since you're going to claim "deflection"

as for the video, I don't recall where / when it was, but if you're going to pretend you haven't done that in the past here, go ahead. the rest of us will know the truth.

edit: btw, what government contracts? i've never done any work with any government at any level. So maybe you can elaborate for us. Or was that just an attempt to -- what did you label it? -- "deflect"...
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

I didn't post a tweet I posted a link to an article that showed how absurd and incorrect Obama's take on unemployment in this country is/was.

If you don't know the problem you will never provide a solution.

Obama is a moron. His lack of experience in the world (never had a private sector job never created a job or met a payroll) is hurting the poor and unemployed. All he understands is greasing the palms of campaign donors.
  7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

8. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

The first quote in your post was a tweet.

You still don't know the rest of his words, and you're apparently glossing over a couple of his words.

Sorry you can't simply admit that, but those are facts.

Obama's a moron in your view, but he is smarter than you and smarter than his predecessor, and more importantly, he's a better President than his predecessor. Big question is who will the pubbies run against him? most likely, he'll wind up with an opponent who's more "moronic" and less competent than he is, since the pubbies are no better than the dems and fail on all the things you claim (sometimes rightly) re Obama.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

Some folks have a difficult thinking for themselves, so they resort to sources like the National Review or Red State and claim they know more than someone else, all the while they have no ideas except what the right wing thought police want them to regurgitate..

The choice is to take sound bites out of context, Andrew Breitbart has taught them well..

Would anyone expect National Review to ever say Obama did something right:confused::confused::confused:
  10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

I still want to know what government contracts you were referring to.
  11. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Obama gave the order, thats it. Stop glorifying Obama as the guy who killed OBL. George Bush and his policies had as much to do with as Obama's. That's a fact and has been admitted as such by the CIA and members of the Obama administration. Talk about a disservice to the seals, interrigators and other service members responsible for this. By the time the election comes around next year the Liberals will have photoshopped Obama's head on the body of a Navy Seal for a campaign poster.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

He also approved the mission after having been given several alternatives. Not everyone agreed with this plan.. Say what you will, but the plan was great and it was executed professionally by the SEALS.

Do not give all that much credit to George Bush, he missed the opportunity on his watch.. instead of allocating assets to Tora Bora, he outsourced the mission to Afghan Warlords..
  13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

All true, except that you seem to ignore the many on the right who don't want to give Obama any credit (don't get me wrong -- many also understand that he does deserve credit).

I think it's great that the Obama administration is being adult and sharing credit -- a far cry from the way the Bushies are acting.

It's interesting how people on both sides pick and choose what a President is responsible for, can supposedly control, etc.
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Thts pure Bull Sh!t, Obama made it a priority to focus on Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden after Bush and the rest of his flunkies focused on Iraq. In the end he could have taken the easy way out and just bombed OBLs "mansion" instead he had the balls to send in the SEALs even though the odds were 50/50 that OBL was actually there. If something had gone wrong Obama would have ended up looking like Carter. Bush did SH!T he gave up, in 2002 he said he didn't care about bin Laden, he wasn't important. Iraq was. So you can stick your bunch of neo clown criminals up your .......

http://www.politicolnews.com/bush-not-concerned-about-bin-laden/

“May 6, 2011 Bush Not Concerned About Bin Laden in this video in 2006 as the former President says he was not concerned about where Bin Laden was or when they would capture him. In this press conference George Bush is not concerned about the whereabouts of the man who caused the death of 3,000 Americans on September 11, 2001.”
  15. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow blue, I must have really hit a nerve there. Way to show class pal. Stick it where? All because I stated the facts that have been supported by the CIA and the Obama administration and that was the info that started this whole thing began with policies from the Bush administration. Again, thats a fact! I notice how you dont try to argue that.

You want to talk about how Bush abandoned Afghanistan? I agree with you. And I agree with Obama when he said that we should have focused on Afghanistan and Pakistan in regards to Al Qaeda and not Iraq. Maybe you should try to find out what my position is on things before you start making assumptions and threats you dope! But all of that doesnt change the facts of where the information regarding the capture and killing of OBL came from and where it started.

And on another note, I also give credit to Obama for authorizing the Seals to go in instead of dropping a bomb. He did put his ass on the line and would have taken a would of crap if things went wrong. But again, where did the information come from to make that decision? Where did it start? So spare me the "Obama killed OBL" crap. There are alot of people who should get praise for that.

And if Obama made Afghanistan so important, maybe you can explain why he only approved 30,000 of the 40,000 the General McCrystal requested. If you had a job to do, wouldnt you find it more difficult to do if you were only given 75% of the resources you needed.
  16. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Please prove your so called "fact". Obama is commander in chief, and your comment that "Obama gave the order, thats it" is nothing more than disgusting bias and lack of perspective.

He "put his ass on the line" is a slightly different tune than "he gave the order, thats it", no? The only crap is your odd perception that starting something is equivalent in quantity and meaning as everything else that happens after "starting" it. Bush's direct impact on finding Bin Laden is very minimal at best.

How can you not see your bias? A "request" is not a "need", it's one man's perception of a need. Please, I beg of you, get some perspective and objectivity. To assume that you know for a fact that 40,000 were needed is downright absurd. Also none of us know nor do any of us know why all the factors that lead to such decisions. This stuff reminds me of the "we need <position>, Belichick stupid" attitude on the main forum.
  17. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Here's the transcript from the CBS (and the relevant excerpt):

CBS News Town Hall with President Obama transcript - The Early Show - CBS News

It was on the "Early Show", but it sounds like something you would hear on the Daily Show (i.e. a joke).
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

Meanwhile Obama is still clueless about the economy.
  19. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

First off, thanks for posting that. At least it's the start of an intelligent conversation, not that 13 ever had any interest in that.

But the excerpt you quoted is just that, an excerpt, and one that 13 already posted. It's not the only comment on the economy and jobs, however. I read his first response and it discusses the economy, private sector jobs, etc. I'll read all of it later. If anybody wants a serious conversation related to this, they'll do the same, rather than relying on excerpts or twitter.
  20. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Do you honestly expect to ever be taken seriously? You just called a guy who graduated magna com laude from Harvard Law School a moron.

The anti-Obama crowd is persistent if nothing else. The fact of the matter is all you have to do is dissect the quote with objectivity and find out there is truth in his statement.

First off we start with "in part". Second off we have "still as high". And finally we have "last several months". All of these conveniently ignored in order to confirm their bias that Obama is and always will be wrong.

The fact of the matter is that public sector jobs have decreased for 6 consecutive months. Obama stated a fact, and those seeking confirmation bias for anything and everything anti-Obama jumped on a relatively innocent statement.

Jobs Report is Positive: But Public Sector is Still Sending Pink Slips | OurFuture.org

One could thus deem Jim Geraghty an incompetent fool for using data dating back to 2007 to disprove a statement about the last several months.

Also people need to pay attention to the -types- of jobs that are coming back. The percentage of jobs that are being created are incredibly high in the low-wage department, whereas we lost a significantly larger percentage of high-wage jobs because of the recession. Employment numbers alone don't tell the whole story.