Welcome to PatsFans.com

"President" Mitt Romney on FB

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Aug 3, 2012.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

He's already calling himself the President! Really? Now, how does this arrogant, disrespectful punk think he deserves a title that he has no right claiming or using? He is not the President. I get that you can aspire to be that, but to refer to yourself as "President" in your campaign FB page is (or should be) enough for even his supporters to question whether this guy has the humility to be POTUS, much less the technical qualifications. I guess a lot of them don't think Obama has the right to call himself President, so why should he. The illigitimatization of Obama continues.

Anyone think this is splitting hairs?
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think you're splitting hairs but I do think you're jumping to conclusions. Quite honestly, it doesn't look to me like it was anything officially put out by Romney or the Romney campaign, so let's see if we can't find out the real story behind this facebook page before we fly off the handle. Methinks you're going to owe Mitt an apology for the above remarks. :D

Romney already has a facebook page and I find it impossible to believe that the official Romney campaign created the page you linked above. I mean, do you honestly believe the Romney campaign made the following image? They may not exactly be running the best campaign, but I'm not so sure they're THIS stupid.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah. You're right, I think. I may have jumped the gun on this. It looks like a grass roots, party is taking credit for the page. I got connected to it through a FB message congratulating Gabby Whatshername for winning the gold medal in a gymnastic somethingorother event. It just didn't go beyong the realm of possibility for me considering the wierd campaign he or whoever is running.

edit: From the page- This is a grass roots page created by a supporter of Governor Mitt Romney. Please feel free to share comments, photos and links only of an appropriate, respectful and positive nature for those other supporters and fans of Mitt Romney. President Mitt Romney 2012-2020! My bad. Sorry, Willard!

I gotta go on a weekend trip to sit in a river and get drunk with no phone, kids, internets, or texting. Maybe run into Bill Lee if I'm lucky. That's still legal, right? Have fun, folks.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be surprised if this webpage disappeared into thin air sometime in the immediate future. Whoever did it, it is in extremely poor taste. I oppose using the title "President Romney" and especially the use of the White House seal. It looks like it was created on Wednesday so, like I said above, I won't be surprised if it disappears soon.
    Yes, I believe running into Bill Lee is still allowed under the laws of the Commonwealth. :D