PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preseason schedule [merged]

Re: Preseason schedule

Do teams schedule the games themselves?

I always assumed they do. If so, do they do it like college teams do? Home and home series?

Re: Did the China Bowl Cancellation...

BB clearly didn't want to play this game.

Speaking as a fan from the UK, I can't wait to see the regular season game over here. But, hell, I don't wanna see the Pats playing overseas. EVER. So many things could potentially go wrong...

...like, perhaps, me slipping ex-lax into the Dolphins' drinks at their London hotel... :rocker:

Re: Did the China Bowl Cancellation...

Playing this game in China would have a negative effect on the team, distractions and travel, not playing it is all good for this team. BB likes his TC regimen and doing something different would adversely effect overall preparation.

Thanks.

The Pats first game is just four months seven days, or 129 days, or 18 weeks (or so), or 3,096 hours, or 185,760 minutes, or 11,145,600 seconds from now...if anybody's counting.

Good. I can see the Pats here on Charlotte

So the Pats are playing 6 preseason games?

4...(Tampa, Tennessee, Carolina, NY Giants)

Great schedule, too bad these games don't count because I get to root against the Bills and Dolphins in the Superdome with my Saints season tickets and the Pats go to Carolina and Tampa to play the Saints division rivals.

I am not a happy camper over this:eek: ..... I was looking forward to NE coming here. What a disappointment for Seattle and for the Westcoast Patriot fans...Alot of people were driving up here for this pre-season game. :(

-Boston Globe
Eventually,there will be football in China. And when that day comes, the Patriots still would like to be a part of it.

The Pats were supposed to visit the Far East in August, but yesterday, the NFL officially canceled the China Bowl against the Seahawks because of the logistical difficulties of hosting two international games - the Dolphins and Giants meet in London in October - just months apart.

The China Bowl instead will be played in 2009 in Beijing’s brand-new, 100,000-seat National Stadium.

“The regular-season game initiative was approved by NFL ownership after we announced the China Bowl,” said Mark Waller, senior vice president of NFL International. “Therefore, we will focus this year’s efforts on the regular-season game.

“Our assessment is that Chinese fans would be better served if our game in China is played at a later date after we have launched our international series of regular-season games and more effectively paved the way for the introduction of our game into China. As a new sport in China, it is critical that we create the best platform for the introduction of the game. We are delighted Beijing authorities have agreed with our assessment and have invited us to play in Beijing in 2009.”

The Patriots had pushed for inclusion because owner Robert Kraft does extensive paper business in China, the team began targeting that market in 2004 with the introduction of a Chinese-language Web site, and the opportunity to expand to the world’s most populous country (1.3 billion) was too good to pass up.

The Krafts were unavailable for comment yesterday, but team spokesman Stacey James said China remains in the team’s plans.

“We remain very interested in participating in the first China Bowl, whenever that is,” he said. “If that’s 2009, we’d be flattered to continue to be one of the teams asked to participate.”

James confirmed that a pair of trips to start working on the logistics of the visit had been canceled. But he noted that the Patriots employ a director of Chinese development who is currently overseas.

“Our approach has been to progressively build upon what we’re doing for that market,” he said. “The Kraft family is really committed to trying to brand the Patriots name not just locally, regionally or nationally, but internationally. China is a tremendous location for growth

I am not a happy camper over this:eek: ..... I was looking forward to NE coming here. What a disappointment for Seattle and for the Westcoast Patriot fans...Alot of people were driving up here for this pre-season game. :(

-Boston Globe
Eventually,there will be football in China. And when that day comes, the Patriots still would like to be a part of it.

The Pats were supposed to visit the Far East in August, but yesterday, the NFL officially canceled the China Bowl against the Seahawks because of the logistical difficulties of hosting two international games - the Dolphins and Giants meet in London in October - just months apart.

The China Bowl instead will be played in 2009 in Beijing’s brand-new, 100,000-seat National Stadium.

“The regular-season game initiative was approved by NFL ownership after we announced the China Bowl,” said Mark Waller, senior vice president of NFL International. “Therefore, we will focus this year’s efforts on the regular-season game.

“Our assessment is that Chinese fans would be better served if our game in China is played at a later date after we have launched our international series of regular-season games and more effectively paved the way for the introduction of our game into China. As a new sport in China, it is critical that we create the best platform for the introduction of the game. We are delighted Beijing authorities have agreed with our assessment and have invited us to play in Beijing in 2009.”

The Patriots had pushed for inclusion because owner Robert Kraft does extensive paper business in China, the team began targeting that market in 2004 with the introduction of a Chinese-language Web site, and the opportunity to expand to the world’s most populous country (1.3 billion) was too good to pass up.

The Krafts were unavailable for comment yesterday, but team spokesman Stacey James said China remains in the team’s plans.

“We remain very interested in participating in the first China Bowl, whenever that is,” he said. “If that’s 2009, we’d be flattered to continue to be one of the teams asked to participate.”

James confirmed that a pair of trips to start working on the logistics of the visit had been canceled. But he noted that the Patriots employ a director of Chinese development who is currently overseas.

“Our approach has been to progressively build upon what we’re doing for that market,” he said. “The Kraft family is really committed to trying to brand the Patriots name not just locally, regionally or nationally, but internationally. China is a tremendous location for growth

Get over it!!! Football doesnt go well, with rice and chopsticks anyway.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back