PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preseason schedule [merged]

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
.....hurt the Pat's pre-season plans a bit?

I don't know if that extra game is now totally cancelled, but if so it made me think.

Maybe the incentive of the extra game was going to allow them to overload the pre-season roster a bit, take on a few extra WRs, Lbs and CBs to evaluate.

Just a thought. I'm probably wrong but that wouldn't be a first.

Re: Did the China Bowl Cancellation...

.....hurt the Pat's pre-season plans a bit?

I don't know if that extra game is now totally cancelled, but if so it made me think.

Maybe the incentive of the extra game was going to allow them to overload the pre-season roster a bit, take on a few extra WRs, Lbs and CBs to evaluate.

Just a thought. I'm probably wrong but that wouldn't be a first.
the nfl doesnt do that, the hall of fame game is played and there are no special roster excemptions there, im sure belicheck welcomes the news

Hurt ? Are you kidding ? 5 preseason games, 300 pound men having to fly to China and back ? Belichick probably opened up the champagne last night. It doesn't hut in any way.

While I suspect Peter King is correct, the cancellation has not been officially announced by the league.

Is BB jumping for joy that the game is cancelled? It's the biggest no brainer in the history of the earth!

Sorry, I shake my head every time I hear that mortgage company commercial on the radio.

This China cancellation has delayed the release of the Pre-season schedule which was released last year in March. My only anticipation is hoping they give us the teams with big national followings. Here's to the Giants, Bears, Eagles, ect ...coming to town and not the Jags, Texans ect.. so I have no trouble getting rid of my $500 worth of "practice games" :D

This China cancellation has delayed the release of the Pre-season schedule which was released last year in March. My only anticipation is hoping they give us the teams with big national followings. Here's to the Giants, Bears, Eagles, ect ...coming to town and not the Jags, Texans ect.. so I have no trouble getting rid of my $500 worth of "practice games" :D

It seems that the Pats preseason usually emphasizes NFC teams along the Eastern Seaboard where not a lot of travel is involved -- Philly, Giants, 'Skins, Falcons, Panthers, etc. Since we play the NFCE in the regular season this year I wonder if that will change. Interesting that we never play the other AFCE teams in the preseason.

The only part of this cancellation that I regret is having a chance of more game film of (and game time for) Matt Cassell. Assuming he continues to improve... the more other teams see him, the more he's worth next year.

Besides that, it is a blessing that the travel and wear & tear of an extra game halfway around the world is now not an issue.

Preseason schedule

Sunday, Aug. 5 -- Pro Football Hall of Fame Game (Canton, Ohio)
New Orleans vs. Pittsburgh, 8 p.m. (NFLN)

WEEK 1
August 9-13
Indianapolis at Dallas (FOX, 8/9, 8 p.m.) Buffalo at New Orleans (CBS, 8/10, 8 p.m.)
Washington at Tennessee (NFLN, 8/11, 8 p.m.) Seattle at San Diego (NBC, 8/12, 8 p.m.)
Denver at San Francisco (ESPN, 8/13, 8 p.m.) Arizona at Oakland
Atlanta at NY Jets Carolina at NY Giants
Chicago at Houston Cincinnati at Detroit
Green Bay at Pittsburgh Jacksonville at Miami
Kansas City at Cleveland New England at Tampa Bay
Philadelphia at Baltimore St. Louis at Minnesota

Return to top

WEEK 2
August 16-20
Miami at Kansas City (ESPN, 8/16, 8 p.m.) Minnesota at NY Jets (FOX, 8/17, 8 p.m.)
San Diego at St. Louis (CBS, 8/18, 8 p.m.) NY Giants at Baltimore (NBC, 8/19, 8 p.m.)
Chicago at Indianapolis (ESPN, 8/20, 8 p.m.) Atlanta at Buffalo
Carolina at Philadelphia Denver at Dallas
Detroit at Cleveland Houston at Arizona
New Orleans at Cincinnati Oakland at San Francisco
Pittsburgh at Washington Seattle at Green Bay
Tampa Bay at Jacksonville Tennessee at New England

WEEK 3
August 23-27
Jacksonville at Green Bay (FOX, 8/23, 8 p.m.) New England at Carolina (CBS, 8/24, 8 p.m.)
Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (NBC, 8/26, 8 p.m.) Cincinnati at Atlanta (ESPN, 8/27, 8 p.m.)
Baltimore at Washington Cleveland at Denver
Dallas at Houston Detroit at Indianapolis
Minnesota at Seattle New Orleans at Kansas City
NY Jets at NY Giants St. Louis at Oakland
San Francisco at Chicago San Diego at Arizona
Tennessee at Buffalo Tampa Bay at Miami

Return to top

WEEK 4
August 31 - September 2
Arizona at Denver Baltimore at Atlanta
Buffalo at Detroit Cleveland at Chicago
Dallas at Minnesota Green Bay at Tennessee
Houston at Tampa Bay Indianapolis at Cincinnati
Pittsburgh at Carolina Kansas City at St. Louis
Miami at New Orleans NY Giants at New England
NY Jets at Philadelphia Oakland at Seattle
San Francisco at San Diego Washington at Jacksonville http://www.nfl.com/schedules/preseason/2007

Last edited:
Re: Preseason schedule

Yeah baby! No trip across the country for us! :D :woohoo:

Isn't this the third straight year we will be finishing the preseason against the Giants?

Isn't this the third straight year we will be finishing the preseason against the Giants?

Yes it is, and I wouldn't put a single starter on the field against that team, IMO. For once, just once it would be nice to start the season with a fairly healthy squad.

Giants have a big following nationally so that game should be an easy ticket to sell, the Titans not so easy:(

Yeah baby! No trip across the country for us! :D :woohoo:

It may be better for the team, but those of us who are die hard fans on the west coast are very upset. I'm from the state of Washington and I was making big plans to see the Pats against Seahawks on August 2. I don't care for the China game that much, but wanted to see my favorite team. Now I gotta wait till next year when they play in Seattle in regular season. After that, they won't come to Seattle for another eight years. Sucks!

Giants have a big following nationally so that game should be an easy ticket to sell, the Titans not so easy:(

With Vince Young entering his first full season, Givens back (I presume) and the way they played us to end the season (and Rodney's), I think that ticket will be an easy sell. Plus it's the only home pre season game Brady and the starters including his shiny new WR corps will play for more than a couple of series.

too bad we dont have Beisel anymore..i enjoyed every second of watching himget trucked by Jarred Lorenzen the 300 lb QB!

With Vince Young entering his first full season, Givens back (I presume) and the way they played us to end the season (and Rodney's), I think that ticket will be an easy sell. Plus it's the only home pre season game Brady and the starters including his shiny new WR corps will play for more than a couple of series.

You would think that would be the case but unfortuately @ $125 a ticket thats not usually enough to get somebody to buy the tickets at full price. My experience is that people only pay that kind of money to see "their team" (that they don't live near or can't get tickets for) or for real games. Plenty of die hard Giants fans around here who will pay the $250 per pair not many Titans fans. I'm sure I'll find somebody who wants to see Vince Young ,only they will only want to pay 1/2 price:(

Yay the G-men Pats game might be on again here on channel 13.:) At least we get to see the "dress rehersal" 3rd game on TV. I wonder if the Panthers will be superbowl picks again?

You would think that would be the case but unfortuately @ $125 a ticket thats not usually enough to get somebody to buy the tickets at full price. My experience is that people only pay that kind of money to see "their team" (that they don't live near or can't get tickets for) or for real games. Plenty of die hard Giants fans around here who will pay the $250 per pair not many Titans fans. I'm sure I'll find somebody who wants to see Vince Young ,only they will only want to pay 1/2 price:(

125 bucks for a preseason game????????

No thanks.

So the Pats are playing 6 preseason games?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back