PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preseason Rookie Evaluations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley showed some good signs. None of the others have impressed.

Ridley showed some good signs. None of the others have impressed.

Were you unhappy with what you saw from Dowling and Vereen, or is it just the fact that they were out so long that's the issue?

Were you unhappy with what you saw from Dowling and Vereen, or is it just the fact that they were out so long that's the issue?

I'm with her. :cool: (Mostly because I'm hoping I'll be cool by association.)

Neither have really had much time to show what they can do, and neither was lights out in their limited time.

Alot of people slamming Vereen on here...but cmon guys give the guy a little slack here. It was his FIRST pro game action....and the OL was once again playing/blocking pretty poorly. I would be shocked if he got cut after only just getting in field....BUT totally expect him on the practice squad.

I was just about to make a thread asking about how Dowling looked since i mi

ssed the game. Glad to see he performed.

Any input on Vereen? His numbers didn't look all that amazing.

I'm so-so with Solder...definately alot of potential.

Ridley is my favourite pick in the draft so far. Decent burst,love his running style,can get tough yards and bounce outside if need be. If he also has solid hands and can do a decent job of picking up the blitz then i'm in love...not in a gay way though.

Alot of people slamming Vereen on here...but cmon guys give the guy a little slack here. It was his FIRST pro game action....and the OL was once again playing/blocking pretty poorly. I would be shocked if he got cut after only just getting in field....BUT totally expect him on the practice squad.

Vareen WILL NOT be cut. If we were dumb enough to do that........ he has about a 0% chance of clearing waivers. He'd never see our PS.

Considering where he was picked, Vareen will not be cut.He hasnt even seen the field with the first team.:rolleyes:

Vareen WILL NOT be cut. If we were dumb enough to do that........ he has about a 0% chance of clearing waivers. He'd never see our PS.

You may be right about that....then again alot of guys on here have him getting the axe. I think in time he is going to be a great player....time will tell.

I think Vereen sticks, although I thought he was unimpressive in limited chances. I thought the same thing about Kevin Faulk some years ago. They saw a lot to like about him in college to select him so high. Not enough evidence in NFL to overturn.

Vereen: He better start doing a lot better at running the rock; because his ST contributions were HORRID. he was the guy who let the guy escape outside at the LoS. Wasn't it his fumble as well?

In a thread with a few questionable/unreasonable comments, this one stands alone. Vareen may end sucking, but what he has done so far given the time he has had is nothing to worry about at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes