PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preseason Favorite Phins Flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not that anyone here (except for a couple football challenged kids) believed the hype about the perrenial media favorite Phins but a recap is entertaining.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/2006-10-19-dolphins-cover_x.htm

The Miami Dolphins are proof you shouldn't always believe everything you read.
Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine picked the Dolphins to win the AFC championship. Among USA TODAY's crack team of eight prognosticators, three forecast Miami's Nick Saban as most likely to generate this season's best coaching performance. Six of USA TODAY's finest also designated Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper as the probable comeback player of the year.
So where are the Dolphins? Mired in a quagmire every bit as mucky as the remotest reaches of the Everglades at 1-5.

I was in Italy and missed all the fun over the W.

What's that commercial?

Oh yes, Real Men of Genius!:singing:

PatsWickedPissah said:
Not that anyone here (except for a couple football challenged kids) believed the hype about the perrenial media favorite Phins but a recap is entertaining.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/2006-10-19-dolphins-cover_x.htm

The Miami Dolphins are proof you shouldn't always believe everything you read.
Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine picked the Dolphins to win the AFC championship. Among USA TODAY's crack team of eight prognosticators, three forecast Miami's Nick Saban as most likely to generate this season's best coaching performance. Six of USA TODAY's finest also designated Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper as the probable comeback player of the year.
So where are the Dolphins? Mired in a quagmire every bit as mucky as the remotest reaches of the Everglades at 1-5.

I was in Italy and missed all the fun over the W.

If you were in Italy, you didn't miss any fun. So many people here (myself included, if I may toot my own horn) said pre-season that Daunte Culpepper would be a flop in Miami. How come we can't get the big bucks being NFL general managers? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back