PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preseason and Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It's an annual debate. Is the preaseason too long? The debate heats up every year after a couple key players get hurt.

Here's what I don't get. Not just on this board but everywhere, even the local paper down here in Texas, the hot topic is that preseason is too long and these injuries to players like Portis and Greenway aren't necessary.

Um, they were both hurt in the FIRST game. Whether the preseason is two games or is played weekly until the year 2016, they were hurt in the first game. In these cases, what is the difference?

That's what bugs me every season. People don't start complaining when a player gets hurt in the last game or something. A player tears his ACL in a non-contact drill 5 minutes into the first practice of training camp, (just an example, not a certain player) and people already start screaming about the length of the preseason.

Anyway, just needed to vent on that.

I think the difference is that Portis and many other veterans see the first preseason game where the play 1 series as pointless. It doesn't prepare them for anything. The last one is even more pointless as the starters don't even play.

If you eliminate those, you'd in theory have the game where the starters play into the 2nd quarter and then the one where they play into the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes