Welcome to PatsFans.com

Preschool Introduces New Gender Identity

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jun 27, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

When will it all end?

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

When taxpayers say, "I aint helping to pay for this horsesh1t!"

Maybe then?...just guessin';)

I guess "SOME" people feel everything we've done was wrong. I mean letting a boy know he's a boy and a girl know she's a girl is pretty wierd, dontcha think?

Pretty soon, you won't hear, "I now pronounce you man & wife" at weddings anymore. In Sweden, they'll just say, "I now pronounce you 2 married FRIENDS!":rolleyes:

If I had a son going to that school, I'd tell him to say to a girl, "You're a girl!...you're a girl!" just to see what happens.

WTF?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  3. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Actually it's been husband and wife for some time now and I agree with that, but gender denial is going too far.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Apparently no one is forced to go there. The article says there is a "long waiting list" of children waiting to attend.

Sounds a bit much to me - but if people want their kids educated in such a fashion, and as long as no one is forced to go there, then it's not much different than sending your kids to a religious school, is it?

5. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its funded by taxpayers though...that's not so voluntary.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This is Sweden, right? Most things there are paid by taxpayers. And in Sweden, there is little difficulty telling a man from a woman.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

It's Sweden......all schools receive taxpayer funds.

Prior to the 1990s, there were only a handful of independent schools, mostly tuition-funded boarding schools. In 1992 the government introduced a system of school vouchers where schools without the municipality as principal, could receive government funding for each student. The schools cannot charge the students extra fees, nor they can discriminate or require admission examinations. These "free schools" (similar to charter schools in the United States or academies in the United Kingdom) most often have an alternate pedagogy (for example Montessori), foreign/international, religious (for example Catholic or Muslim) or special needs (for example hearing-impaired) profile.

Independent schools and public schools alike receive money from the kommun for every pupil they have enrolled

Education in Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

In a perfect world that little girl would be a black belt in karate.

9. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I know it's Sweden, So all must participate in the program whether they like it or not.

Now you make a point that I'm not sure you were going for. If it's so easy to tell a man from a woman in Sweden then removing the name for each doesn't do a darn thing remove stereotypes.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

If ISLAM ever gets it's foot in the door over there and starts to have a little power they'll take care of those Nutty Bastards,.

Mohammad will tell them who a Boy and a Girl is.................:rocker:

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

No, I don't think so....at least that's not the way I'm reading it or understanding it.

Sweden operates on a Charter School system. Parent's get to pick which school their kids go to - and all but a very few independent schools are state funded.

Parents pick which school their kids go to and each school gets a certain amount of tax dollars per student enrolled.

They can choose to send their kids to a Catholic school or a Muslim school or a Jewish school or a progressive school such as this one.

I don't get the idea that anyone is forced to send their children here - it's all based upon parental choice.

If I'm reading it incorrectly, please point it out to me because I really don't see where you're getting that anyone must participate in this particular program at this particular school.

12. Ciara's Dad

Ciara's Dad On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The popularity of the 'Millennium' book trilogy by Stieg Larsson is going to the heads of the Swedes. It looks as if they are trying to produce some Lisbeth Salander types.
    The books are a good read though.

13. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I didn't clarify very well what I meant. Everyone participates in terms of funding it. Anyway, the idea of it bothers me. What's next, boxer shorts and uniforms for all? Unisex haircuts? Names like "Seven of Nine" so no possible gender identification can be derived from it? Fighting sexism is one thing but this strategy is questionable.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Lisbeth is an animal, but this thread does not have a lot to do with American Politics...

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

That's true....but everyone participates in funding religious schooling in Sweden, too. I just don't see the difference. If my dollars are going to fund an Islamic school and a Catholic school and a Jewish School they may as well fund a non-sexist school, too. It simply means (to me, anyhow) that every parent, myself included, has the option of choosing any particular cirriculum they desire for their children -at no extra cost to any of them.

ROFLMAO Aren't we pretty much already there? Ever since the 60s boys and girls are dressing more and more alike in some instances - and boys have long hair and girls have short hair and seems that we can all tell the difference just fine.

And names like Joey and Kelly and Pat and Jordan and Dakota and Jamie and Casey are not unisex names?

I don't know - it's just a thing - like lots of other things. Fads come and fads go - this'll probably go. I kinda like the idea of boys in the kitchen and girls in the legos.

16. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Call me old fashioned but I like the differences and would like it to stay.....I just realized though that you're the only regular poster on this forum with a gender suggestive name. Anyway removing gender identification words from a school vocabulary doesn't seem right. I think its too much

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

You're entirely right, PatsSB - and if you've paid any attention you'll have noticed that certain people routinely tell me things like, "Get in the kitchen and make me some bacon and eggs," and make sly references to "summer's breeze," and "Summer's eve," when they don't like what I have to say - things they would not say to someone who did not have a gender specific handle.

Which, if you're at all interested in your daughters being treated fairly and equally, should set off some warning bells at the very least.

I'd actually encourage you to try using a feminine name on an internet board sometime - you'd be surprised at the amount of hostility you'd notice that you hadn't noticed beforehand - even though you're saying the exact same things you'd have said using a masculine name.

That's fine...and I'm sure there are alot of parents who agree with you - some of them in Sweden...the beauty of the Swedish system is they can choose not to send their kids to that school.

18. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

You got points on mothers day:p

Seriously I know you've been disrespected here by a couple of guys pretty consistently and you hold your own, honestly. Some of what I say or other guys say comes form the perspective being a guy, just like some of what you say comes from perspective from being a gal. We can acknowledge that and and embrace it a little even, so long as we do not use it to be disrespectful. I'm also mindful that this is a male dominated board and some of this unfortunately comes with the territory. I suspect similar incidences might happen on a female dominated board that had one or two makes posting on it. Maybe not as much though. I'm not sure so i;ll ask you. Aside from an experiment aren't you more comfortable identifying your gender identity than hiding it? I mean don't you think you lose some of yourself by denying it? (I guess we males don't because we assume posters are male unless otherwise noted?)

Coincidentally my daughter just broke off a relationship(Thank God) with this loser, controlling jerk. I only recently caught on to the fact that he was that type and I'm shocked that she put up with him, giving her personality nad the example she grew up in. But she did do it on her own and i'm proud of her for that.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

Hmmm...I think Lina Axmacher disagrees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well, as taxpayers, there are many things you have to pay for but never use. That's the way modern political groups function. Sweden has decided that this is the way they want it. It works for them. You don't have to go to this school.

Gender designation (or lack of) is not something I would want my school to focus on, but my kids don't live in Sweden, and I don't know of any such situation here. I don't have any problems identifying as a man, but my wife does when people know she's a woman. Life is tougher for chicks...er...women.