PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preparation Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonBlackmon55

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
A general question.......how do other teams prepare for Pats when it comes to QB position. I mean how can other teams have their backup QB simulate "being Tom Brady" ??

So, this week, who was Tom Brady......Volek or Rivers :eek:

A general question.......how do other teams prepare for Pats when it comes to QB position. I mean how can other teams have their backup QB simulate "being Tom Brady" ??

Norv Turner

I'd imagine Brady is actually one of the easier QBs to simulate in practice. He's an excellent pocket passer, and hits the routes he's supposed to hit. But he doesn't scramble much, and leaves the pocket less than guys like Romo or Big Ben. Any practice squad player can do that, but about 1% as well. The toughest QBs to practice against are guys like Vick (pre-incarceration) and Young who bring something completely different for the QB position, which is why you often see them played by RBs and WRs in practice. There are guys in the NFL who can approximate Brady's physical skills, it's his decision making and poise which are so hard to replicate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back