PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Premier League.

I was playing on saturday so I missed the second half where I'm told we were dominant. There is no words to describe how good it is to beat that lot.

With Chelsea drawing 1-1 with Manu, there was a chance for Liverpool and Arsenal to gain 2pts on their rivals. Arsenal win well, but 0-0 v Hull at home is not title form for L'pool.
In Scotland, Celtic and Rangers both win. Satans spawn are still 3pts ahead of the 'tic. :mad:

Wins for Manu, Chelski and Liverpool. A shocking loss for Arsenal at home to Hull.
In Scotland, Celtic struggled for a win, Rangers an easy win.

Wins for Manu, Liverpool and Chelsea. Only a draw for Arsenal.

1. Chelsea 17pts
2. Liverpool 17pts
3. Hull 14pts
4. Arsenal 13pts
8. Manu 11pts

In Scotland, Celtic go top on goal difference after they win and Rangers lose.

18/10/08
Wins for the top 4 teams in England. Liverpool left it late again!! :eek:
In Scotland, Rangers did not play this week, whilst Celtic get a hard earned win in Inverness, at a cost though, as they lose 3 players for the game against Manu in the Champs league next week. :(

Didn't leave it late yesterday, we got in early to beat Chelsea and end their 86 game unbeaten run at that sh!thole they call The Bridge. Some of our football was quality yesterday when we had it, better than anything Arsenal could produce on occasions and it was surprising because I haven't seen us pass the ball and move for each other like that in ages. Should have had more goals but it wasn't to be. As expected at their place Chelsea had more of the ball but never done nothing, atleast Scolari can take it on the chin unlike Mourinho who'd blame it on the wind or something.

We need to keep working hard now and stay top of the league. It's only October...

Weekend 25/10/08

As ScousePatriot has already alluded to, Liverpool beat Chelsea in London, Manu draw with Everton in Scouseland and Arsenal win away (?) at West Ham.

In Scotchland, Celtic and Rangers both win.

I watched the Chel v Liv game yesterday and was surprised by the quality of the football. It was very good. I thought Liv were the better team and deserve all the plaudits that have come their way. The singing from the Liv fans was immense, they knew they were going to win it from as early as the start of the 2nd half.
I think Chel have looked the strongest team in England, but it is going to be interesting now. All 4 'big' teams are in with a shout. Personally I hope Hull City win it, :D, but as long as it isn't Chel or Manu I don't mind. I like Scolari as a manager, but despise Chel and everything about them especially the scum that support them. :eek:

Be interesting to see how far Hull can go before running out of steam. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain and it shows in their play, three up front and looking good. See how they cope come christmas and just after when the fixture list gets a bit chaotic.

They should aviod the drop this season though :D

And speaking of Chelsea and scum, I believe there is a guy on FOX on some "soccer" show out there called Steve Cohen (Chelsea fan), who likes to talk about Liverpool fans and Hillsborough. I believe he's been made to apologise over comments in the past about us so for the benefit of the Americans he speaks to on his show out there, the man hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and is a complete and utter disrespectful tool.

30/10/08
A full card of fixtures was played this midweek.
Easy wins for Manu and Chelsea. Liverpool eventually overcome Portsmouth 1-0 at home, whilst Arsenal drop 2pts after a cracking 4-4 draw with hated North London rivals, Spurs.
Liverpool clear at the top by 3pts from Chelsea.

Weekend 01/11/08
Wins for Manu and Chelsea. Arsenal lose away to Stoke and Liverpool lose at Spurs.
North of the border, Rangers win at home and Celtic beat Hearts in the Capital city.

Weekend 08/11/08
Wins for both Chelsea and Liverpool. Match of the day was Arsenal v Manu at the Emirates Stadium. The Gunners win 2-1. :D A great game.

Wins for both Celtic and Rangers north of the border.

Weekend 15/11/08

Wins for Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea. Arsenal beaten at home by Aston Villa.

Chel 32pts
Liv 32
Mu 24
AFC 23

On Wed evening, Celtic won whilst Rangers drew.
On Saturday, both teams won.

Celtic 37pts
Rangers 33

Arsenal aren't having the best of times right now. Wenger will be having a fit, I mean, we all know how he takes losing. If we put our chances away at Spurs like the players of that calibre should have we'd still be top :disagreement:

Last edited:
22/11/08

Poor draws at home for Chelsea and Liverpool. Arsenal in dissarray as they lose 3-0 at Man City. Manu are disappointed not to close the gap with the 2 top teams after drawing 0-0 at the Villa. Villa now leapfrog Arsenal to go 4th.

Celts are still 4pts ahead of Rangers after both teams win today.

I played 120 mins today so I'm too tired to be pissed off but it's a disgrace we were held by them. Chelsea wont drop points often this season and this was the chance to get ahead again.

You won't win the league by dopping points, at home I might add, to teams you should be tearing apart.

Scouse Patriot
Torres and Keane? Is the partnership not working?
As you say, home games are vital. Got to get all 3pts. Don't be too pissed off though, Arsenal are now out of it, so it's a 3 horse race. And, also, think how angry Scolari and Sir Furious will be!!

They are both clever players so maybe in time it will be better. The main concern at the moment is more with Keane's finishing, he should have scored again yesterday and missed. It's frustrating because at Spurs they would have been put away. Maybe the pressure is showing and he needs to relax a little. If I'm honest though I rather that 20 mill went elsewhere like on the right wing, Liverpools most problematic position for the past 10 years.

It's true it's good they also dropped points but it still doesn't hide the fact we should have won and gone top. United also have to go to Asia next month too don't they for the world club championship so hopefully that will jade them a little and it's just us and Chelsea.

29/11/08

Man.U beat Man.City 1-0, Arsenal record a superb, and unexpected, 2-1 victory at Chelsea. Liverpool drop another 2 vital pts at home. 0-0 at home to Wigan. They go top though with a 1pt advantage over Chelsea and 6pts ahead of Manu.

Celtic win at home and Rangers lose 2-1 in Edinburgh to Hearts. :D
Celts 7pts clear at the top.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes