PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Premeditated - Dungy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveDemPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
One thing that has been lost in this questioning of Tony Dungy this week about his comments during the rules violation is what he said the day before the decision came down.

Tony was asked if he had any opinion on the matter, and he stated that he did not have anything to say at the time, but if their are found to be guilty of this action, then he would have plenty to say. I don't have the exact quote, but I remember that he was smiling when he said this, and that the reporters in attendance chuckled as if they were all in on a joke together. They were all friends with the good guy Dungy. And he was going to let them in on the truth. He was going to enjoy, (that’s how it looked to me and the laughter seems to support) the public spanking Bill Belichick. He would choose his words, and his forum carefully. And, that he would do it in his quiet strength kinda way. He would couch is attack in his concern for the league. This would make him appear to be a person looking out for the greater good of the NFL community. But he would wait until the big fish told him it was safe to do so.

Then the next day, he let fly. He spoke about it on his blog and to reporters all with an air of superiority akin to a politician.

He plotted his course so carefully.

The remarks of many players after the incident were reprehensible. But, most of them were off the cuff.

And now, we hear him speak about those comments, and gone is the twinkle in his eye that seemed to speak volumes about his disdain for BB.

Dungy will go into politics after the NFL. I guarantee it. And I really don't like politicians at all. But, that's just me.

While we may forget it, I'm sure Belichick has the quote hanging somewhere in Gillette.

While we may forget it, I'm sure Belichick has the quote hanging somewhere in Gillette.

Yea, what Tony said the next day is certainly quotable. But, it is the "nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean" thing that occured the day before that made me ill. Things like this get lost in the shuffle. Those days, there were so many people popping off about the pats, it was hard to keep track of it all. And, Dungy is getting a free pass on this one.

Yea, what Tony said the next day is certainly quotable. But, it is the "nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean" thing that occured the day before that made me ill. Things like this get lost in the shuffle. Those days, there were so many people popping off about the pats, it was hard to keep track of it all. And, Dungy is getting a free pass on this one.

And let's not forget that Dungy said HIS owner wouldn't allow spygate to happen. You think Kraft remembers that?

And let's not forget that Dungy said HIS owner wouldn't allow spygate to happen. You think Kraft remembers that?

Why hasn't a reporter asked him about this? Well, he again has couched it in a way that makes questioning him difficult. He would say, "I simply was talking about the ownership of the colts. Not any other organization." And this is such a slimey way to live, in my opinion. A true man makes it clear what he wants to say. Dungy is a politician all the way. Everything is safely placed with enough vagueness to leave him a way out. Oh I know, people will say that he is going into the ministry. I doubt it. This man is on different quest.

Howard Mudd works for Tony Dungy.

Again, please make sure ALL of this drivel is posted on every Bulletin Board in the greater NE area!!! Motivation BABY!!

But he would wait until the big fish told him it was safe to do so.

And who do you think that big fish might be? Got a feeling it's that jerkoff in the FO he works for. Can't help but think he's a big reason why this whole videogate nonsense happened.

More and more Dungy comes off as being nothing but a big phony, and nobody calls him out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes