PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Premature withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
I hope the thread title piqued your interest a little... ;) but I bet I am far from alone here in suffering premature football withdrawal syndrome.

Even in the years we won the Super Bowl I had the sudden empty feeling when I woke up the next morning and realized, "ARRGGGGHH, there are no more meaningful Patriot football games until next September." But at least then I had the counterbalancing satisfaction of knowing our team was the best team in the National Football League.

This year it's worse. We lost, and what's more, the WAY we lost and the way we played in the GAME we lost left me feeling like we had left a lot on the table. We could easily be playing at home this week in the AFC Championship game, if it were not for a bad call here, a bad bounce there, or a lucky punter's helmet on football here. But instead, I sit here watching ESPN and wondering if they will say 2 kind or informative words about our beloved team amongst the thousands of words spoken (rightfully) about the 4 remaining contenders.

Don't get me wrong - we lost, and we deserved to lose, and it is what it is. But it sure leaves me feeling empty. I wasn't ready for this yet.

Anyone else have similar feelings?

OK, remove the bullets from the gun and lock it up. Get away from the knife drawer.

Go to the vid store and rent, no buy, a copy of "It's Wonderful Life". Continue to post if you need to.

And, don't use the word premature on this site.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
OK, remove the bullets from the gun and lock it up. Get away from the knife drawer.

Go to the vid store and rent, no buy, a copy of "It's Wonderful Life". Continue to post if you need to.

And, don't use the word premature on this site.
:rofl:

"Serenity now", "Serenity Now". Sorry Lloyd Braun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back