PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pregame anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire week has been excruciating. I was trying to figure out this morning why it has seemed so much worse than prior years. Was I just forgetting?

I think the answer is that the anticipation for this game has been longer than just a week. It really began 364 days ago, on the evening of January 21, 2007. While taking nothing for granted, I think there was already a belief that we had a very good chance of getting back -- and probably against the Chargers.

This year, after the third game, it was clear we were a lock to win the division, even if that was in doubt before. And, after beating Indy, home field advantage and the bye seemed assured.

I think everyone always understood that getting by the division round would be challenging, but, at the end of the day, I think everyone has understood all along that we'd be very likely to be right here right now. So, in a lot of senses, much of this season has been a bit of a formality. It's been a fun ride, but we haven't had that pit-of-the-stomach, this-is-it feeling because we've thought all the way we'd be here. So here it finally is, and the last 2 hours is excruciating.

Can't think of anything like it, other than maybe the 2004 ALCS, which also seemed likely a year in advance.

Last edited:
Me too.
I worked out for an hour, cleaned some of the house, did laundry and now I am out of things to do :)

ESPN has truly become the View. I was watching NFL Network's pregame because it's far superior but I would flip to ESPN during commercials. One time they had Tom Brady being inserted into Brady Bunch episodes and were interviewing cast members. The next time they had Bret Farve running naked through Green Bay to help train for the cold.

These pieces weren't even remotely funny.

I know they are going to have fluff pieces and filler but if it's this bad now I cannot image what it will be like in 11 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes