PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Mike Wright,Eric Alexander,Pierre Woods,Bam Childress,Jonathon Sullivan,Patrick Cobbs will make this team. I guess the real question is who do you cut to make room for these guys?

I'm OK with your predictions. I would cut Caldwell, Pass, Beisel & Klecko.

Last edited by a moderator:
old 55 said:

Caldwell?! Good idea to cut our best WR.

Pass will be PUPed.

old 55 said:

What the heck? cut the #2 wr when we are so thin? i suppose you will suit up and replace him.

old 55 said:

Why in the world would you cut Pass now? He'll be Pupped and will replace Evans after week 6 if Heath can't raise his 1.9 yards per carry average by that point.

4 RBs and 1 FB on the roster this year. The 1 FB being Evans/Pass

old 55 said:

And convert Jonathan Sullivan to a wide out????

Julius said:
Mike Wright,Eric Alexander,Pierre Woods,Bam Childress,Jonathon Sullivan,Patrick Cobbs will make this team. I guess the real question is who do you cut to make room for these guys?

I think:
Evans gets cut
Two out of Davis, Biesel and Izzo get cut
KLecko gets cut
M. Hill goes to IR

Has there been an "All Points Bulletin" issued for Marquis Hill yet?

DarMan said:
I think:
Evans gets cut
Two out of Davis, Biesel and Izzo get cut
KLecko gets cut
M. Hill goes to IR

gotta be careful with the st guys. cant cut davis and izzo for sure. monty and a st guy maybe. if monty gets cut this forum will go crazy.

Cut Caldwell, our #2 WR

Yes. But, have you been watching the same pre-season as I have?

Caldwell has been horrible. He cuts off routes too early. He hears footsteps and short arms the ball. He drops catches that are delivered on the numbers. If this is the best he can do, we'd be better off with signing some other teams castoffs.

I wish he could have performed like we wanted him to, but he hasn't. I would cut him and do it now. He hasn't earned a roster spot. He's been outperformed by Childress clearly and we need to accept that fact and move on without him. Andrews, the 7th round DB, running routes at WR in practice indicates that BB doesn't like what he's seeing from the current lineup.

We've had other under performing players in the past and have cut them. Let's stop kidding ourselves. This guy, Caldwell, is no #2. He's not even a #3.

Re: Cut Caldwell, our #2 WR

We will keep five receivers. There aren't five other than Caldwell that are likely to make this team or any team this year.

old 55 said:

Caldwell has been horrible. He cuts off routes too early. He hears footsteps and short arms the ball. He drops catches that are delivered on the numbers. If this is the best he can do, we'd be better off with signing some other teams castoffs.

I wish he could have performed like we wanted him to, but he hasn't. I would cut him and do it now. He hasn't earned a roster spot. He's been outperformed by Childress clearly and we need to accept that fact and move on without him. Andrews, the 7th round DB, running routes at WR in practice indicates that BB doesn't like what he's seeing from the current lineup.

We've had other under performing players in the past and have cut them. Let's stop kidding ourselves. This guy, Caldwell, is no #2. He's not even a #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cut Caldwell, our #2 WR

old 55 said:

the only person you are kidding is yourself. reche isnt going anywhere.

cut Caldwell?...that's about as ridiculous a stance as I've read all year

Joker said:
cut Caldwell?...that's about as ridiculous a stance as I've read all year
It may be rediculous to YOU, but I think if you look at his play on the field with open eyes, you'd see that he hasn't performed up to a #2 or #3 WR. I think BB had him out there a lot tonight to see what he could do and he disappointed again and again. He has also disappointed in the prior games.

It is a bold statement and would be a bold move, but that does not make it rediculous especially when the evidence is recorded on game film.

The Pats will keep FIVE WR's...Caldwell will be one of the five...fairy tale sceanrios about "not a 2 or 3" are moronic...he doesn't have to be a #2 or #3

Joker said:
The Pats will keep FIVE WR's...Caldwell will be one of the five...fairy tale sceanrios about "not a 2 or 3" are moronic...he doesn't have to be a #2 or #3

But he was signed to be a #2 or #3 WR. So why is it moronic to think we would cut him when he doesn't perform up to that level? The SCENARIO I am suggesting is my opinion of what I would do and I think BB would consider as well.

Hey - the reaction I'm getting is like I'm some sort of troll here. I'm not. I've been around this board and its preceding versions for many years now. I don't usually post that many threads (as you can see by my post count), but I enjoy reading what is happening with the Pats and discussion about the games and players.

Let's not be so pissy because you don't think Caldwell will be cut. I'm not a moron and I don't believe you are either. My opinion is just as valid as yours. I've followed this team for 36 years. Some of you haven't even been alive that long.

If Caldwell makes the team, I'll be happy to post that I was wrong and that BB obviously saw things differently than I did.

Are any of you willing to step up and post that you were wrong if Caldwell gets the ax before the first game?

old 55 said:
Are any of you willing to step up and post that you were wrong if Caldwell gets the ax before the first game?
Ugh.... i and probably everyone else on this board should take that wager as it is a no brainer.

Mike Wright is a guy who put in the offseason work and deserves a place on the team. The fact that he was making plays on special teams further solidifies his spot. M. Hill looks he's heading for IR or a trade. Jonathon Sullivan can replace him on this roster. Dan Klecko not playing last night is strange. With the way BB was talking him up last week I almost expect him to be traded. I think we only need 6 Defensive linemen Seymour,Warren,Wilfork,Green,Sullivan,Wright. Klecko is the last piece floating.

Let's not give up on Marquis Hill yet. Banta-Cain is a starter this year... we drafted him two years before we drafted Hill as a junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back