PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Superbowl 46.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it yesterday, here's my spot on accurate prediction.

Giants or Pats: 30
Giants or Pats: 27

Adam Schefter and Chicken Little (Clayton) just picked the Pats...Mortensen stayed true and picked the Giants 31 - 21...

Pats: 27
Giants: 24

Pats 31-21. It will be similar to the second Jets game. Afterwards, we will be hearing how overrated Eli is.

Giants 32 Pats 12

5dd3bc97a6f6.gif

Here's a Unit v Unit breakdown. They have our boys outmatched in most of them but obviously we have an advantage at QB and Coaching. Giants might have that whole team of destiny thing though.

SUPER BOWL 46 UNIT BY UNIT BREAK DOWN

sblogoxlvi.jpg

pats 24
giants 28

The Giants will select Tails and lose the toss
The Patriots will kick off to start the game
The Giants will have more penalty yards
The Patriots will be the first team to challenge
The first offense play will be a run
The first score will be a FG
The Patriots will

Simply put, the Patriot will win..

I have some Post Super Bowl story line predictions...

Patriots defensive line outshines the G-men's vaunted front

Players honor MHK in post Super Bowl celebration...(picture of Kraft,surrounded by team, hoisting Lombardi as it rains confetti)

No so fast Eli. "Elite" talk may be premature.

Sterling Moore lends a hand (Patriots CB follows up the AFC Championship game-saving strip with a crucial 4 quarter pass deflection).

Pats 27-24.

On the last play of the game, Adam V confidently lines up for the game winning -- what? Oh, never mind!

Pats 31-20.

27-24 Pats... gonna be a close game with Pats making just enough plays to win the game. gonna be a grind it out sort of game unfortunately with all of Patsnation on the edge of their seats, again!

I'm going to really go out on a limb on my prediction for this super bowl....

The Patriots win.

by a lot!!!!!

There's a lot of predictions out there if you google it. I am a bias obviously. I wonder if there is any math to doing this?

I predict a Patriot win. Offensive line outperforms their defensive line. They are more than capable of doing this with the personal in place. Adding a healthy Seabass to the rotation keeps them fresh and personally I think they are better than 07 with the addition of BW and Solder in the mix.

If Brady uses his rb's in the short passing game and the RBs run well the Pat's can use play action to their advantage and exploit the Giants the way many have this season. Lot of no huddle when the Pats get them with an exploitable personal package.

Let's just say the defense is improved up front these last few games. The pressure has been good but we will need to see more from someone other than Wilfork. Spy Eli and watch the dump offs to Bradshaw.

Secondary has also improved since the last meeting. Even with the addition of Hicks I think the secondary will slow them down some. Edelman is the weakest link right now so I hope he takes the challenge personally that Cruz has issued and plays the game of his life. Watch the PI calls and don't play afraid or out of control.

For some reason I'm thinking special teams will play a factor in this game and could be the difference maker when it is all said and done.

Nothing concrete but I think the Pats win this rather easily 38-24 in a shocker. The game plan will be too good and won't be figured out until the game is well at hand.

Madonna will be horrid, and by around 10pm EST or so confetti will fall on the field.

Not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or not after reading the first line. Regardless I don't see the pats putting up 35 points against the giants and I don't see Eli throwing 3 picks either.

Patriots have averaged over 35 points since midseason, and the Giants allowed more points than anyone but the Bills, Colts, Vikings, Panthers, Rams(just 7 less than the 2-14 Rams), Bucs, Raiders.

Since mid season the Patriots scored 35.9 ppg against teams that allowed an average of 22.6ppg. The Giants allowed 25 ppg.
In fact, for 10 straight games the Patriots have scored more points than the opponent's pts allowed average in each game.

Think about that for a minute.
For 10 straight games the Patriots scored more points that the opponent allowed per game.
Over that time they exceeded the opponents average ppg allowed by 13.3 per game.
The Giants allowed 2.4 ppg more than the average defense the Pats were putting 35.9 per game up against, and only 2 of the Pats 10 opponents had Ds that were worse than the Giants in point allowed.
How this isn't being seen as a game where the Patriots offense should dominate is really surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes