PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Pats draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Mccourty will have a season similar to butler's rookie season on defense, but will be a league leader in ST returns

Gronkowski will start slow in terms of catching passes (partly due to hernandez), but will make an impact and have some big plays in the 2nd half of the season.

Cunningham will be a backup this year. likely relieve whoever is opposite banta-cain. the best I will expect is that by midseason, he will platoon and maybe even be a regular.

Spikes will be a starter before the first frost. He will eventually be one of the leaders of the defense. he will get burned a couple of times, but he will also inflict a fair amount of pain.

Price will not have big numbers as edelman and tate are ahead of him. watch for plays where he lines up on the same side as moss and winds up being the deep catch

Hernandez will be an immediate impact as an outlet for brady. this guy has russ francis hands and proved by catching just about every knuckleball tebow ever threw at him.......will be a much needed red zone threat

Mesko will be the punter

Larden could well be the pats starting LG.....I think he will be pretty good

Welch will be a practice squad guy at best

Deaderick will do more this year than either lewis or warren

Weston is a practice squad guy

Robinson will not beat out hoyer...whether or not he makes the team depends on how the FO makes the roster

Cool thread. My take in bold:

Mccourty will have a season similar to butler's rookie season on defense, but will be a league leader in ST returns.Agree. I believe DMc blocked seven kicks at Rutgers.

Gronkowski will start slow in terms of catching passes (partly due to hernandez), but will make an impact and have some big plays in the 2nd half of the season. Ditto

Cunningham will be a backup this year. likely relieve whoever is opposite banta-cain. the best I will expect is that by midseason, he will platoon and maybe even be a regular.I have a similar view but maybe an earlier timetable; more regular playing time around 1/3 through and some impact starting mid-season.

Spikes will be a starter before the first frost. He will eventually be one of the leaders of the defense. he will get burned a couple of times, but he will also inflict a fair amount of pain.Like a lot of fans here, I think Spikes will be The Man. we just need to remember he's a rookie and take the good with the occasional bad.

Price will not have big numbers as edelman and tate are ahead of him. watch for plays where he lines up on the same side as moss and winds up being the deep catch I wouldn't be surprised if Price became a serious threat to Tate for playing time.

Hernandez will be an immediate impact as an outlet for brady. this guy has russ francis hands and proved by catching just about every knuckleball tebow ever threw at him.......will be a much needed red zone threat Ditto. Just hope he can catch a spiral. :D

Mesko will be the punter Yup. I think he'll be a big hit with fans, hardcore and pink hat types alike

Larden could well be the pats starting LG.....I think he will be pretty good

Welch will be a practice squad guy at best

Deaderick will do more this year than either lewis or warrenWow. Hope this is more a sign of optimism about BD than pessimism about the others (I assume you mean Gerard, not Ty Warren).

Weston is a practice squad guy

Robinson will not beat out hoyer...whether or not he makes the team depends on how the FO makes the roster. If Brady signs before the season, no Zac.

I think pre-season games will be more fun to watch than usual this year.

cunningham is a rookie and played DE in college.....did no covering, so until he can at least be mediocre at that, he will be situational

price is a small school guy and not a very accomplished route runner.....if he picks up the routes quick than things will change. I guess he is brutally good on YAC, so they may work plays to get him the ball somehow.

deaderick is raw, but he's got attitude and he's got size....

Gwarren and lewis are here for insurance. Don't forget the pats have Twarren,wilfork,wright and pryor...all can play but pryor and wright have never been full time....a big step in the right direction for brace is if he makes the conditioning tests the first time. I think this guy was chained in someones basement for the offseason and will not be the tub of goo that showed up last year.....still fat, but I think the pats will have a serviceable body with him

We need this to be one of our best drafts classes to solidify Brady's final years as a contender...Good Luck to all of them....You are right this will be a fun preseason:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I predict Crable will lead the league in sacks! Oh, wait a sec, he's on IR again.....

Never mind!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back