Welcome to PatsFans.com

Predictions for Pats draft picks

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by IllegalContact, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

Mccourty will have a season similar to butler's rookie season on defense, but will be a league leader in ST returns

Gronkowski will start slow in terms of catching passes (partly due to hernandez), but will make an impact and have some big plays in the 2nd half of the season.

Cunningham will be a backup this year. likely relieve whoever is opposite banta-cain. the best I will expect is that by midseason, he will platoon and maybe even be a regular.

Spikes will be a starter before the first frost. He will eventually be one of the leaders of the defense. he will get burned a couple of times, but he will also inflict a fair amount of pain.

Price will not have big numbers as edelman and tate are ahead of him. watch for plays where he lines up on the same side as moss and winds up being the deep catch

Hernandez will be an immediate impact as an outlet for brady. this guy has russ francis hands and proved by catching just about every knuckleball tebow ever threw at him.......will be a much needed red zone threat

Mesko will be the punter

Larden could well be the pats starting LG.....I think he will be pretty good

Welch will be a practice squad guy at best

Deaderick will do more this year than either lewis or warren

Weston is a practice squad guy

Robinson will not beat out hoyer...whether or not he makes the team depends on how the FO makes the roster
  2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -2

No Jersey Selected

Cool thread. My take in bold:

I think pre-season games will be more fun to watch than usual this year.
  3. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

cunningham is a rookie and played DE in college.....did no covering, so until he can at least be mediocre at that, he will be situational

price is a small school guy and not a very accomplished route runner.....if he picks up the routes quick than things will change. I guess he is brutally good on YAC, so they may work plays to get him the ball somehow.

deaderick is raw, but he's got attitude and he's got size....

Gwarren and lewis are here for insurance. Don't forget the pats have Twarren,wilfork,wright and pryor...all can play but pryor and wright have never been full time....a big step in the right direction for brace is if he makes the conditioning tests the first time. I think this guy was chained in someones basement for the offseason and will not be the tub of goo that showed up last year.....still fat, but I think the pats will have a serviceable body with him
  4. GrogansHeros

GrogansHeros Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We need this to be one of our best drafts classes to solidify Brady's final years as a contender...Good Luck to all of them....You are right this will be a fun preseason:rocker::rocker::rocker:
  5. Feep50

Feep50 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I predict Crable will lead the league in sacks! Oh, wait a sec, he's on IR again.....

Never mind!
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.