PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for '16 FAs

some have suggested that Jamaal charles could be a trade candidate/cap casualty and I expect Lynch and Graham could be ones too

Qb draft stock is not looking great this year. Should lead to some interesting off season decisions for some teams.

Qb draft stock is not looking great this year. Should lead to some interesting off season decisions for some teams.

Yup. There's going to be some nice contracts for QBs not really deserving (thinking Cousins and Osweiler).

There's some interesting RBs to be had: Ivory, Martin, Forte, Lamar Miller.

Bb does love veteran running backs. I would not be surprised, given the familiarity, to see bb emerald out to ivory.

Bb does love veteran running backs. I would not be surprised, given the familiarity, to see bb emerald out to ivory.

Ivory is a good bet, I have a hunch about Forte, probably unfounded and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ridley brought back.

I feel like ivory is going to get more money than the patriots would be willing to give him, but maybe with a few of these names on the market they will get him for less

I'd rather have Forte than Ivory for the same money, and don't want to settle for re-signing Ridley as our off-season pre-draft move of note at RB.

I'd rather have Forte than Ivory for the same money, and don't want to settle for re-signing Ridley as our off-season pre-draft move of note at RB.

I don't think I'd look Ridleys way unless we don't even address the rb position. But when it comes to forte and ivory, I would love ivory because of how well he runs between the tackles. But forte is very versatile so I wouldn't complain.

some have suggested that Jamaal charles could be a trade candidate/cap casualty and I expect Lynch and Graham could be ones too
Lynch and Charles could both be goners, more so Lynch than Charles

Yup. There's going to be some nice contracts for QBs not really deserving (thinking Cousins and Osweiler).
Cousins could get a pretty decent QB contract for 4+ years, Fitz maybe 2+, Osweiler not so much

In recent memory, Jackson is the only vet back BB has brought in...BJGE, Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Blount, Gray, Lewis all either drafted or signed for pennies, don't make me think of the over hyped Fred Taylor disaster...the 2016 stable should be Lewis, White Bolden, Iosefa, Develin (FB), and maybe a draft pick or cheap Blount return

The three guys whose situations most intrigue me are Long, Mario williams and Calvin Johnson. I can see long getting cut at his huge number and games lost and all the talent they have in their front 7 right now. Williams being outspoken and a bad fit for the scheme seems to be an obvious one as well. Calvin is my white whale, as I cant see any new regime wanting to cut him, but also having no desire to pay him 24mil going forward. I dont think its 50/50 hes cut, but a new gm may have some freedom to cut ties on a contract of that magnitude, with less dead weight moving forward.

In recent memory, Jackson is the only vet back BB has brought in...BJGE, Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Blount, Gray, Lewis all either drafted or signed for pennies, don't make me think of the over hyped Fred Taylor disaster...the 2016 stable should be Lewis, White Bolden, Iosefa, Develin (FB), and maybe a draft pick or cheap Blount return

I think you are ranking Iosefa a little too highly. He had a couple of good runs and showed plenty of heart but he was far too lacking in explosion last week there were a number of times where I felt he'd make good yardage but then got tackled by a defender behind him. We'll need more than Bolden/Iosefa to be the thunder to Lewis' lightning. I'm fine with Iosefa as a shadow roster/PS guy but if he's the #3 or 4 RB to start the season then I'll feel as though BB dropped the ball.

Bear in mind that I'm only thinking of Ridley being brought to camp as competition, not the answer. Would still like to see them sign a FA or draft a good RB.

Be careful of signing veteran rb's with a lot of mileage on them. Forte is 30 and has 2007 carries and 481 receptions in his career. Ivory is 27 and has 866 carries and 49 receptions.

Chris ivory is the ideal back to target in my opinion. Great talent, very few miles, good blocker and decent receiver. Not much in the way of major injuries either.

If we could grab him at Shane Vereen money, I think you do it.

Chris ivory is the ideal back to target in my opinion. Great talent, very few miles, good blocker and decent receiver. Not much in the way of major injuries either.

If we could grab him at Shane Vereen money, I think you do it.
i think someone will give him more than Shane vereen money and I don't think it will be the pats. but there could be a decent number of available Running backs this offseason so who knows

i think someone will give him more than Shane vereen money and I don't think it will be the pats. but there could be a decent number of available Running backs this offseason so who knows

What team would over pay for a veteran running back?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back