Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
He just pimped Rivers as a WINNER and picked the Chargers to beat GB. Trolling for the job, IMO.

He just pimped Rivers as a WINNER and picked the Chargers to beat GB. Trolling for the job, IMO.

It's not like Green Bays pass defense has shown like their going to stop anybody. Given that a rookie QB in Ponder almost pulled off a win, I would give San Diego a shot at winning this game.

However Rivers has not shown much after the New England game this season. If Cowher wants to go after the winner's title from previous years, then sure. This year pretty much played like a loser so far.

It's not like Green Bays pass defense has shown like their going to stop anybody. Given that a rookie QB in Ponder almost pulled off a win, I would give San Diego a shot at winning this game.

However Rivers has not shown much after the New England game this season. If Cowher wants to go after the winner's title from previous years, then sure. This year pretty much played like a loser so far.
Just saying, the way he pimped Rivers while everyone else is pointing out how awful he has been, and then predicting a win seems like a great setup for getting the job when they eventually wise up and fire Norv.

Rivers is not Rivers and I hope he gets back to his old ways playing QB extremely well today.

SD shut GB down and quash the idea of a perfect season.:rocker:

Last edited:
Just saying, the way he pimped Rivers while everyone else is pointing out how awful he has been, and then predicting a win seems like a great setup for getting the job when they eventually wise up and fire Norv.

A nice job to troll for as a head coach. They've got pieces to work for as well as a nice place to live. Funny, you would think he would let his resume speak for itself rather than pucker up on broadcast tv?

A nice job to troll for as a head coach. They've got pieces to work for as well as a nice place to live. Funny, you would think he would let his resume speak for itself rather than pucker up on broadcast tv?
It just struck me as obvious from a guy who has denied interest in so many jobs.

AJ Smith will never allow a head coach who is bigger than him. Unless Spanos fires Smith, no way Cowher goes to San Diego.

I think Cowher to Miami is inevitable if they have the first pick in the draft.

AJ Smith will never allow a head coach who is bigger than him. Unless Spanos fires Smith, no way Cowher goes to San Diego.

I think Cowher to Miami is inevitable if they have the first pick in the draft.
Cowher says that isnt happening.
Smith should go, that team has deteriorated consistently, moreso than just the Norv effect.

I've heard Cowher wants to have complete control of the team so unless AJ's also getting fired, I don't think that's gonna happen.

And for all the faults of AJ, he's assembled a talented roster for quite a number of years.

I've heard Cowher wants to have complete control of the team so unless AJ's also getting fired, I don't think that's gonna happen.

And for all the faults of AJ, he's assembled a talented roster for quite a number of years.

You "heard"....

What....are your people in touch with Cowher's people?

Cowher left Pittsburgh and coaching to spend time with his family - his girls were growing up fast and it turned out being a great decision for him, as his wife passed away last year due to cancer. If he would have stayed as a coach - he would have been consumed by the job and missed being with her during those last years of her life.

He got to see his daughters grow up, play college sports, etc. These things you cannot get back.

Cowher was not a coach like Belichick - while he knows his X's and O's - he was more of a guy who connected with his players and emotional guy. That emotion was absent from Pittsburgh in 2006 and unless it ever returns, he'll never be a coach again.

He emphatically stated he was not returning to coaching next year already - its amazing how that never seems to satisfy the speculators that he's said he wasn't coming back in the past and did not come back.

If he ever comes back, which I doubt, it will be on his terms. But - he's a guy who has done it all, won the Super Bowl - suffered through the heartbreak of the loss, and had a family support there when those AFC Championships did not go his way. Who would he turn to if that same disappointment happened again? His girls are grown and will be on their own and his wife has passed.

He's got a gig with no pressure and plenty of income - plus time to do whatever endeavor he wishes. I doubt he'll ever want the grind and pressure of coaching again, where even when you win - you have people that want to fire you and criticize you.

I am all for keeing Turner, as it assures us of a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes