Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

At season's end, how many TDs will GRONK have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After a slow start to the season (3 in 6 games), GRONK has had 4 TDs in the last two.

Those 7 TDs tie him for first place among all WR/TEs; Arian Foster currently leads all players with 10 TDs.

So what do you think happens from here on out?

I don't think he'll reach last year's output. Looking at the defenses we'll face the rest of the year, it'll be harder for him in the 2nd half imo. 49ers, Texans, Miami x2. But I think as the offense gets more in sync, he could get 6-7 more tds.

Well here is the thing with Gronk...
He's the most gifted tight end that the Patriots have ever had.
And he's possibly the most gifted tight end the NFL has ever seen.
I mean his rookie season he gets double digit touchdowns already.
His second year he only breaks the all time TE receiving TD record.
Oh and BTW he led the ENTIRE NFL in receiving TDs that year too.
How many times in history has a TE led the NFL in receiving TDs?

Right now at the midway point Gronk has 7 TDs and is on pace for 14. And that's in a season where he looks to have been slowed by injury. Last week's game, Gronk looked the healthiest he has all season. He's now going into the bye week and should hopefully be at 100% or close to it for the rest of the season.

Gronk is a dominant player who has the ability to get on hot streaks. He could easily score more than 6 TDs in the span of the next 8 games. So I think that 12 TDs total would be a very very minimum expectation. 15+ TDs is also realistic if he gets 'hot' over the last 8 games. With a high ceiling player like Gronk, and a high octane offense like the Patriots, it's even possible that he surpasses his previous record or gets very close to it.

In other words, I'm really looking forward to what Gronk can do in the second half of 2012. And don't forget that Aaron Hernandez is coming back too! The presence of AH will make it harder for teams to just 'double down' on Gronk because they can't afford to ignore our other tight ends.

Last edited:
Well here is the thing with Gronk...
He's the most gifted tight end that the Patriots have ever had.
And he's possibly the most gifted tight end the NFL has ever seen.
I mean his rookie season he gets double digit touchdowns already.
His second year he only breaks the all time TE receiving TD record.
Oh and BTW he led the ENTIRE NFL in receiving TDs that year too.
How many times in history has a TE led the NFL in receiving TDs?

Right now at the midway point Gronk has 7 TDs and is on pace for 14. And that's in a season where he looks to have been slowed by injury. Last week's game, Gronk looked the healthiest he has all season. He's now going into the bye week and should hopefully be at 100% or close to it for the rest of the season.

Gronk is a dominant player who has the ability to get on hot streaks. He could easily score more than 6 TDs in the span of the next 8 games. So I think that 12 TDs total would be a very very minimum expectation. 15+ TDs is also realistic if he gets 'hot' over the last 8 games. With a high ceiling player like Gronk, and a high octane offense like the Patriots, it's even possible that he surpasses his previous record or gets very close to it.

In other words, I'm really looking forward to what Gronk can do in the second half of 2012. And don't forget that Aaron Hernandez is coming back too! The presence of AH will make it harder for teams to just 'double down' on Gronk because they can't afford to ignore our other tight ends.

Well, we're talking probabilities here. I have no doubt that Gronk could score 6 TDs in the next 3 games, let alone 8. It's just not a high probability prediction (though he's more likely to score 6 TDs in any three given games than any other player in the NFL).

The thing is, Gronk's 2011 was a historic season.

The other thing is: He's not that far off the pace for any of those historic stats. Despite being obviously hobbled early on. (Even the Gronk spike was out of sync early on). Looking pretty healthy now though.

If not for 2011, this year would be considered historic. An amazing player. Glad he's locked up.

Last edited:
I see a tie at 15 TDs like last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back