PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: This team will be more dominant than 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the team that lost = more dominant than the teams that won. lol

Stop calling me...

Poor Kontra

I think we should all hound him with Airplanes quotes until he caves and watches it.

Kontra every other line in the movie is a joke its hilarious.

There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Rumack: Well, I don't have anything to say, you've done the best you could. You really have, the best you could. You can't expect to win em all. But, I want to tell you something I've kept to myself through these years. I was in the war myself, medical corps. I was on late duty one night when they brought in a badly wounded pilot from one of the raids. He could barely talk. He looked at me and said, "The odds were against us up there, but we went in anyway, I'm glad the Captain made the right decision." The pilot's name was George Zip.
Ted Striker: George Zip said that?
Rumack: The last thing he said to me, "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Ted Striker: Excuse me doc, I got a plane to land.

I hope they are more dominant in respect to winning the SB, but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe they will have a more dominant regular season.

Aside from the talent level, that team had the benefit of surprise (compare how the offense performed in the regular season with how they performed in the playoffs when teams could really prepare for them) and of being absolutely out for blood at a level we have never seen, due to the implications of the spygate accusations.

Not a bad post and I hope you are right. It's hard to know at this point. Yes, Brady, Wes, and Randy know each other much more than they did then. Yes, they have more speed on the D. Yes, the TE corp could be special, and we didn't have that in '07. Yes, the field position could be better with improved punting. Yes, this could be a drastically improved ILB corp.

However, the team is down two starting O Linemen off last years team, and one starting D Lineman. Also, while I love the young DBs, if they have to cover all day due to the sorry pass rush the team showed last year (and may not have improved), then there could be trouble.

I love the way you think, and it could happen. I gotta see some kind of pass rush first, or some scheming to create one.

At this point in time, one thing's for certain. This team has a far better chance of winning the Superbowl than the '07 team. From that standpoint, this team very well may be better.

Last edited:
I think we should all hound him with Airplanes quotes until he caves and watches it.

Kontra every other line in the movie is a joke its hilarious.

I've heard great things. I think I'm going to open a Blockbuster account today to rent it. I saw the beginning of the second one where a Middle Eastern guy walks through the airport metal detector with a bazooka and then an old lady walks through behind him and sets it off then gets pummeled by security for it. Never saw the first one though.

Perhaps a gander at the definition of dominant would be helpful for you.

Having two guys out of 22 have a phenomenal, record breaking streak for 3/4 of a season?

I've heard great things. I think I'm going to open a Blockbuster account today to rent it. I saw the beginning of the second one where a Middle Eastern guy walks through the airport metal detector with a bazooka and then an old lady walks through behind him and sets it off then gets pummeled by security for it. Never saw the first one though.

the first one's way better. it gives new meaning to drinking problems and auto-pilots.

Having two guys out of 22 have a phenomenal, record breaking streak for 3/4 of a season?

This has been gone over ad nauseum. Your inability to grasp the simple reality that even the best teams usually lose games is a failing on your part, not on the part of the 2007 Patriots. In NFL history, only one team has gone undefeated, and that was with a shorter schedule. The 2007 Patriots went 18-1 and scored more points than any team in NFL history. The points differential was:

2007:
315 (589-274)

2004:
177 (437-260)

2003:
110 (348-238)

Even the amazingly dominant 1985 Bears team lost a game. It also had less of a point differential:
258 (456-198)

Uh, exactly WHAT area are the 2010 Patriots better at than the 2007 Patriots?

Tight Ends
Punter

???

And the defense isn't even close...

2007: Richard Seymour / Ty Warren / Vince Wilfork
2010: Gerard Warren / Mike Wright / Vince Wilfork

2007: Mike Vrabel / Tedy Bruschi / Adalius Thomas / Rosevelt Colvin
2010: Gary Guton / Derrick Burgess / Tully Banta-Cain / Jerod Mayo

2007: Asante Samuel / Ellis Hobbs
2010: Darius Butler / Leigh Bodden

2007: Rodney Harrison / James Sanders
2010: Brandon Meriweather / Brandon McGowan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back