PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: This team will be more dominant than 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaedalusX

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The more I think about the refreshed receiving corps, our TE situation, the resurgent running game, the more balanced play-calling, the promise of a young defense that has some real talent and - dare I say it - discipline/leadership...

Couple that with a very fired up Brady, Moss and Welker trio...

I think people are starting to think it, but very few really want to say it, so I'm saying it: this squad is going to be even better than 2007.

:rocker:

Have fun with that one. :bricks:

motivational-poster-ignorance-fleeting.jpg

All in good fun :)

Last edited:
I can't blame him. I'd like to believe that this team will be more dominant than the most dominant team of all time. I just don't. I think they'll be good, but not on that level.

No chance....that's what ya got.

I can't blame him. I'd like to believe that this team will be more dominant than the most dominant team of all time. I just don't. I think they'll be good, but not on that level.

Regardless of performance, one thing we won't be short on this year is excitement. We've got a lot of young promising players, which does entail a lot of uncertainty as to how the season will unfold. Over the longevity of the season, the way this team looks by week 17 and beyond will be interesting. I'm very intrigued on how this year will develop. It's exciting to think about.

Last edited:
No chance....that's what ya got.

It's just a massive rough time, cuz you got... NO CHANCE.

*ba da da da bum bum*

NO CHANCE IN HELL! YOU GOT... come on, come on, come and get it.

vince_mcmahon.jpg

Regardless of performance, one thing we won't be short on this year is excitement. We've got a lot of young promising players, which does entail a lot of uncertainty as to how the season will unfold. Over the longevity of the season, the way this team looks by week 17 and beyond will be interesting. I'm very intrigued on how this year will develop. It's exciting to think about.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I just don't agree with comparing this young team to the most dominant team in NFL (and possibly SPORTS) history. That just seems a little premature to me.

But hey, at least Daedalus got to 5 star his own thread after someone else 1 starred it. :cool:

Last edited:
The only way I want to go 18-1 again is if that loss isn't in the playoffs or to the Jets/Colts/Dolphins/Ravens/Chargers.

This team could be very good. That said the 2007 Patriots were something very special. It's difficult to capture that form with a side turned over as much as the Patriots have been since then.

Last edited:
The more I think about the refreshed receiving corps, our TE situation, the resurgent running game, the more balanced play-calling, the promise of a young defense that has some real talent and - dare I say it - discipline/leadership...

Couple that with a very fired up Brady, Moss and Welker trio...

I think people are starting to think it, but very few really want to say it, so I'm saying it: this squad is going to be even better than 2007.

:rocker:

I am with you man. I have had thoughts. Rationally it is extremely hard to replicate 07 but also looking at the roster offensively on paper not much looks that different and defensively instead of relying on the last years of great vets we need up and comers to come up quickly and if all falls right why couldnt this team come close to replicating what it did just a few short years ago.

You're awfully optimistic.

We have the elements of surprise on our side, but even if they are that good as 2007, I will like them to scale back a bit and not show all the cards in a regular senior game which has already been won.
It is really hard to game plan against skillful rookies.

Last edited:
LOL!! This is the second time I've seen you post that pic. What is it of?

It's a scene from "Airplane!" and that guy is Lloyd Bridges who plays an airport manager who sniffs glue to the point of being incoherent, and unable to talk in the plane that's in trouble.

The 2007 edition of the NE Patriots peaked too early.
Ideally it would be better to take a few lumps early and
peak at the end of the season.

It's a scene from "Airplane!" and that guy is Lloyd Bridges who plays an airport manager who sniffs glue to the point of being incoherent, and unable to talk in the plane that's in trouble.

Of all the movies I've ever seen, "Airplane!" is not one of them. Heard it's hilarious, though.

If Tate magically becomes Randy Moss 2.0, Hernandez becomes Dallas Clark 2.0 and Gronk becomes Jason Witten 2.0 and our oline suddenly gives Brady time unlike anything we've seen... then yeah we'll be better than 07. Other than that, I wouldn't hold your breath. I think we'll be a better team than last year, but not 07'.

There's optimism and then there's the brink of insanity...

You can make an argument that everywhere else but the lines the team is either upgraded or the same(aside from OLB too that's also worse). But those are the 2 most important units after QB which really can't be much better than it was then. It can't happen unless the line play is better than what it was in '07 and that just isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes