PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction score of the NE/Buf Game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I for one am one of the biggest Patriots fans there is-probably before some of you were even born (fan since 1978),even though I always lived down here in Pa but I do not think the first game or even the 2nd or 3rd game of this year will be dominating by the Pats as I see by what alot of the guys on here think...If this team is going to jell as a solid unit it won't be till around the 4th week or so - You simply can't just fill spots vacated from the previous years and expect more than just an adequate/decent production (IE:Junior Seau,Doug Gabriel,Lawrence Maroney,Chad Jackson ect:) -At least for a few weeks - By the 4th week I think we will know what this team is all about,but if you are expecting blowouts by this team,even if it is against a bad team like the Jets you will likely be in for a dissapointment,By week 4 we should have a better idea if this is a 12-4 team or a 10-6 team (injuries may determine that as well-If Brady gets injured we are talking 8-8 at best-If you think a team put together with many different looks this year and with some weak areas ILB/WR will go 13-3 or better than you might want to grab that next train to fantasyland - 12-4 record is reasonable,anything better is simply crazy thoughts)...I see this game going much like it did last year...The bills will probably be just as good or maybe a slight better than the Patriots early in this game and then the Pats should heat up midway thru the 3rd Quarter with Brady finding whoever is out there and win it late in the game on a Gostowski field goal (making us forget Mr.Vinatieri for at least 1 game)...MY PREDICTION IS....PATRIOTS 16-BILLS 14 .... Whats your guess?

I believe that if we score just 16 points against the Bills we have big issues...

My guess is something like 28 - 10 for the good guys.

Pats 31
Bills 14

31-0 Pats (ten characters)

maxhagen said:
I believe that if we score just 16 points against the Bills we have big issues...

My guess is something like 28 - 10 for the good guys.
Maybe so but if you look into the past -there have been MUCH more games kept not only close but low scoring between these two teams-even when the patriots were THE top elite team or when they were lousy bottom level - I think stats show the past 20 or so meetings were mostly decided by 5 points or less - That is the past but still worth noting - (those 31-0 swap wins by both teams a few years ago is THE only exception I see to this trend between these two teams)

24-13 Pats- The Pats show a good defensive showing similar to the preseason games, but don't score as much. TD's by Brown, Dillon & Gabriel.

Patriots 34
Bills 17

You say that the Pats will have some early season growing pains, which is normal, so won't the Bills as well? It's not like they're going to go out there and be in mid-season form either. Both will have some kinks. I think it just plain comes down to who is the better team.

And about your comment that if you think the Pats will go 13-3 or better you are in fantasy land...I have no idea if they will or won't but I do know that they went 14-2 in 2003 with no running game, a brutal schedule, young WR's, a less experienced Brady, and with Adam Vinatieri having a down year. Statements like that are just silly because anything can happen.

PATRIOT64 said:
Maybe so but if you look into the past -there have been MUCH more games kept not only close but low scoring between these two teams-even when the patriots were THE top elite team or when they were lousy bottom level - I think stats show the past 20 or so meetings were mostly decided by 5 points or less - That is the past but still worth noting - (those 31-0 swap wins by both teams a few years ago is THE only exception I see to this trend between these two teams)

Didn't we beat them like 31-7 last year? In Buffalo.

FSUPatsFan said:
31-0 Pats (ten characters)
I sure hope you are right with that projection but I think its gonna be a nail biter like most Patriots games during the Belichick era- Related Question to this topic-How many Patriots wins have been by blowouts? (my interpretation of a blowout is 17 points or more) in the 6 years Bill coached the team?-I am guessing less than 15-it does not happen that ofter..they win most by 7 or less

PATRIOT64 said:
I for one am one of the biggest Patriots fans there is-probably before some of you were even born (fan since 1978),even though I always lived down here in Pa but I do not think the first game or even the 2nd or 3rd game of this year will be dominating by the Pats as I see by what alot of the guys on here think...If this team is going to jell as a solid unit it won't be till around the 4th week or so - You simply can't just fill spots vacated from the previous years and expect more than just an adequate/decent production (IE:Junior Seau,Doug Gabriel,Lawrence Maroney,Chad Jackson ect:) -At least for a few weeks - By the 4th week I think we will know what this team is all about,but if you are expecting blowouts by this team,even if it is against a bad team like the Jets you will likely be in for a dissapointment,By week 4 we should have a better idea if this is a 12-4 team or a 10-6 team (injuries may determine that as well-If Brady gets injured we are talking 8-8 at best-If you think a team put together with many different looks this year and with some weak areas ILB/WR will go 13-3 or better than you might want to grab that next train to fantasyland - 12-4 record is reasonable,anything better is simply crazy thoughts)...I see this game going much like it did last year...The bills will probably be just as good or maybe a slight better than the Patriots early in this game and then the Pats should heat up midway thru the 3rd Quarter with Brady finding whoever is out there and win it late in the game on a Gostowski field goal (making us forget Mr.Vinatieri for at least 1 game)...MY PREDICTION IS....PATRIOTS 16-BILLS 14 .... Whats your guess?

I too am a fellow 1978 alumni...I also predict 13-3 on the season but have us crushing the Bills 44-10. Anything less and I will be in a bad mood all week.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
Didn't we beat them like 31-7 last year? In Buffalo.
They could have and should have beaten us at the razor last year but fortunately blew a 9 point lead quite rapidly in the 4th quarter ...I remember watching that game which was on prime time-The bills totally dominated 2 1/2 quarters till they realized what a crap team they were-I think my blood pressure didn't drop under 200/100 till the outcome was in hand that game

23-10 Pats Victory

PATRIOT64 said:
They could have and should have beaten us at the razor last year but fortunately blew a 9 point lead quite rapidly in the 4th quarter ...I remember watching that game which was on prime time-The bills totally dominated 2 1/2 quarters till they realized what a crap team they were-I think my blood pressure didn't drop under 200/100 till the outcome was in hand that game

That was when the Pats were at the low point of the season, smack dab in the middle of the safety rotating door. It was also the game where our third string running back when down and a hobbling Dillon was forced into the game. Plus it was Bruschi's first game back. There were so many factors that led to the closeness of that game.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
You say that the Pats will have some early season growing pains, which is normal, so won't the Bills as well? It's not like they're going to go out there and be in mid-season form either. Both will have some kinks. I think it just plain comes down to who is the better team.

And about your comment that if you think the Pats will go 13-3 or better you are in fantasy land...I have no idea if they will or won't but I do know that they went 14-2 in 2003 with no running game, a brutal schedule, young WR's, a less experienced Brady, and with Adam Vinatieri having a down year. Statements like that are just silly because anything can happen.
Anything can happen and it usually does-That is why the nfl IS the sport everyone loves....As far as what happened in 2003 it is a bit different..the top defensive players in the crutial area of ILB like Bruschi and Vrabel are getting older and there is no McGinest manning the outside here either like there was then...we had a more sound group of guys that played and stayed together throughout training camp and the super bowl-This year we have different situations at the weak areas ILB/WR and on top of that distractions from the media about our crybaby Mr. Branch who can't get no love...or money from the boss and that branch drama could be trouble if it lingers into the season (ask Philly with the T.O. situation-they were solid before it happened)...As I said before,I hope all works out and we are holding the trophy come february but being open to say about what will transpire throughout this season with more than 12 wins seems a bit of a cautious reach at this point till 1/4 way through the season -then if we are 4-0,the 13-3 or better record prognoticators can sing those tunes (and I hope they are right-we shall see)

Buffalo - 17 New England - 23

The amount of WRs that are learning the system in the regular season will cause the offense to stumble. Hence the three field goals by Gostkowski on top of Ben Watson and Corey Dillon TDs.

Bills are a bad team, thank god the exhibition season is still going on for us... Pats 41 Bills 7

30-3 after 3 quarters, then Cassel comes in. Final score 37-10 for PATS.:rocker:

64-0 Buffalo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back