PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction (or "You Heard It Here First")

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiGon

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people have been worried about the Giants going all-out in their game against us. Michael Smith on ESPN said as much just this minute on ESPN's OTL. But after their win yesterday is becomes quite clear that there is a fantastic chance the NY Giants will be positioned to be resting their starters for the final game of the season against us. They'll be locked into the #5 spot and will have a road game the following week.

NE cruises to an easy 37-7 win.

Here's my prediction: The opposite of whatever Michael Smith said.

Here's my prediction: The opposite of whatever Michael Smith said.

Michael Smith is right. There is very little chance that week 17 will mean much to the Giants.

They may even be resting their starters. :)

A lot of people have been worried about the Giants going all-out in their game against us. Michael Smith on ESPN said as much just this minute on ESPN's OTL. But after their win yesterday is becomes quite clear that there is a fantastic chance the NY Giants will be positioned to be resting their starters for the final game of the season against us. They'll be locked into the #5 spot and will have a road game the following week.

NE cruises to an easy 37-7 win.

A couple of weeks ago I might have been worried, but I've watched their last 2 games against Dallas and Detroit and I'm not impressed. They are no better than Buffalo

Also Kiwinuka broke his leg yesterday and is gone for the season.

if we go 15-0, BB will let Brady take a sizable lead in the 1st half i think...

then all the starters will rest, but u cant rest em completely...remember Indy in 05?

Michael Smith is right. There is very little chance that week 17 will mean much to the Giants.

They may even be resting their starters. :)
That isn't what Michael Smith said... he was asked which games could the Patriots lose, and the first thing he said was the Giants game with them "playing for a playoff spot", etc, etc...

The point I am trying to make is the Michael Smith's of the world are mistaken. You and I are in agreement. I apologize for my poorly worded and unclear explanation in the original post.

Does it matter? Does ANYONE honestly believe the Pats will blow their chance at immortality against the friggen G-men and Eli Manning with perfection staring them right in the face? Puhleeeaaaazzzzeeee! I mean, seriously, if BB gets the team to 15-0 and decides that he wants to run the table, than there is NO WAY IN HELL that they even get a scare from the mediocre Gmen. Eli Manning, people???? Nuff' said.

BB values history, historic acheivements etc almost as much as winning superbowls. No way we don't go all out if we are 15-0 going into that game.

But there are 5 games to go until then. Any given Sunday....

I guess the mediots care more about having something to say than saying something intelligent. Either that or they don't watch many games. I've watched the Giants half a dozen times this season and week 17 has never worried me. If we rested Brady and started Cassel and subbed Gutierrez in the third quarter they would have a shot. But with the bye Bill will not rest starters (unless they are battling injuries) because two weeks is about all the rest a team can take before they risk rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back