PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: BB will pull out all the stops

Depending on he wants and considering that my top FA's would be arthur jones and talib/CB, i love the idea of Cooper. Thats exactly the kind of receiver(6'3) that Brady needs.
Only if Edelman doesnt resign and he will certainly be pats priority.

Depending on he wants and considering that my top FA's would be arthur jones and talib/CB, i love the idea of Cooper. Thats exactly the kind of receiver(6'3) that Brady needs.
Only if Edelman doesnt resign and he will certainly be pats priority.

I love the idea of Cooper, too. The Pats locker room is strong enough to keep him in check personality wise, and from what I can tell he is fine on the field. FWIW, despite being 6' 3 1/2" 222#, he had a 6.73 3-cone at his pro day. His 1.54 10 yard split is also pretty good. It's hard to find big men with that kind of explosiveness and agility. Julio Jones (6' 2 3/4" 220#) had a 1.50 10 yard split and a 6.66 3-cone, for comparison. AJ Green (6' 3 5/8" 211#) was 1.55 and 6.91.

I prefer Linval Joseph to Arthur Jones.

I would be very disappointed if we cut Kelly. He's ideal for our defense and played very well until his injury. He's also pretty cheap. Any drafted DT would be a downgrade on Kelly in the short term.

I would be very disappointed if we cut Kelly. He's ideal for our defense and played very well until his injury. He's also pretty cheap. Any drafted DT would be a downgrade on Kelly in the short term.

I doubt we cut Kelly, but it's not out of the question. I think he restructures and lowers his cap hit. Depending on what else happens with the DT position, the Pats would have some flexibility. If I had to bet, he'll be on the roster for 2014, but at a slightly reduced cap cost.

I doubt we cut Kelly, but it's not out of the question. I think he restructures and lowers his cap hit. Depending on what else happens with the DT position, the Pats would have some flexibility. If I had to bet, he'll be on the roster for 2014, but at a slightly reduced cap cost.

I think he's worth what we're paying him. This Patriot defense was borderline elite the first seven games of the season and Talib wasn't the only constant in that run. Kelly was too. The value of his interior pressure is worth more than a million dollar or so saving in my opinion. Of course all this depends on his injury prognosis for next year.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back