Welcome to PatsFans.com

Predictable: Obama tries to make nice with Ahmadinejad who responds with "FU"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Obama better wise up to dealing with snakes: these guys will *never* apologize for what they did, including taking over our US Embassy in Tehran in 1978, but quite the OPPOSITE... -- these tin-pot dictators want the US to apologize to THEM!!!. Ditto for Cuba, Venezuela, and MEGA-dittos for Kim Jong-il's North Korea. They all want America to crawl on her knees.

[size=+3]A spokesman for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad condemned U.S. foreign policy Friday in response to the video[/size]

Obama's message spoke of "new beginnings" with the promise of a new year.

"My administration is now committed to diplomacy that addresses the full range of issues before us, and to pursuing constructive ties among the United States, Iran and the international community," the president said in his message Friday.

Obama said the United States seeks engagement with Iran that is "honest and grounded in mutual respect."

The president's message is part of a dramatic shift in tone from that of the Bush administration, which branded Iran as part of an "axis of evil" along with North Korea and Iraq. It also echoes Obama's inaugural speech in which he told the Muslim world, "We seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect."

Ahmadinejad said last month that Iran would welcome talks with the United States "in a fair atmosphere with mutual respect."

Iranian leader: Obama's rhetoric not enough - CNN.com

//

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i was going to let this fade into oblivion like yet another of your 0-for-replies threads, but i felt a bit of compassion...

anyhow, prove that Cuba, Venezuela and/or North Korea all want the U.S. "crawling on its knees." Or are you just making up crap again?... Provide something tangible please, not extrapolations or theory...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sorry, I let slip some classified intel. Strike that comment.... ;)

-------------------

And, talk about 0-fors, dude, if you check my threads vs. your own, you'll notice mine get a *much* higher response level than yours ever did ..... actually, you don't post many threads anymore, do you?? Guess you had enough ignores to give it up. :rolleyes:

:singing:..............................:yeeha:

//

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'll let the wink stand as your admission that you have no factual evidence...

That's because the entire forum has two reactions to you... Loathing and apathy... For the record, you have 19 threads that received 0 replies... including this beauty, where no one shared your love sentiment

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/30/81460-message-love-everyone.html

Of course, Harry -- your only friend here -- has long-since shattered the record for most utterly ignored threads ... with 184 of them.

Anyhow, I never posted many threads since my first week here... It's no sudden draw down... I don't lather myself in hourly partisan bloviations quite like you do... Never did.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  5. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I thought his message came off as too conciliatory to the leadership, and their response was predictable (as Fog noted). They want good faith actions on our part, not just happy talk, and the question is will Obama oblige them? Should he? I mean, I think we're moving in the wrong direction when our message to the mullahs is even friendlier than what they get from the EU.

6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

I would have sent them a basket of DVD's like we do for our staunchest allies. Nothing quite conveys the spirit friendship and world peace quite like the "Wizard of Oz" and "Baby Geniuses 2". :rolleyes:

7. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe a couple seasons of 24 will make them change their attitude.

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'd like to know what the O-man's next planned step is. Will he resume allowing non-nationals -- Iranians this time -- with no flying experience to train on airliners (how to fly but not how to land), as Bubba allowed the Saudis who later flew into the Twin Towers? Or will he be content with inviting Ahmadinejad to Wednesday nite Karoake at the White House?? "Keeping it real", as it were.

//

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

..... <omerta>............

//

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wow, you did a lot of research to come up with your ... "findings"... :rolleyes:.... You DO have a life after all! You're my puppy!

But everyone realizes that some threads just have so much wisdom that there simply is NO suitable reply. All that is meaningful has already been stated. :D

:singing:

//

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Whatever you need to tell yourself in order to feel satiated, false prophet...

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fetch!!!

:singing:...........................:yeeha:

//

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

roll over and play dead

14. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This is all fine. I feel that Iran now has less credibility on the world stage than it had before because of these remarks. Obama had nothing to lose, but plenty to gain if it had worked out more postively.

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, that's a good point. Obama taking the initiative does put him on high ground. That's a good move.

Now he just needs to watch to make sure no one starts a fire on the mountain he's on!!

//