steelers 24

Patriots 37

Steelers 17

pats win 31-14

Pats 38
Pitt 10

Pittsburgh Steelers 34
New England Patriots 20

There are a lot of reasons to believe this game will be close.

#1 Pitt has been good at home
#2 They just lost and are going to be desperate not to lose 2 in a row
#3 They have the kind of team that can survive a game without a good QB. They can run 40+ times and do it effectively.
#4 Brown/Coates are better than Butler/Ryan and can beat those players so even if a few passes miss they will get enough chances to make something happen.

All these seem to indicate Pitt has a chance to make this a real game and maybe pull off a big upset. A team like Pitt doesn't tend to lose 2 in a row and being a desperate team at home they have advantages we are a less desperate team don't. Also The Pats are due to throw at least 1 interception.

All that being said I expect the unexpected this game (for me) and don't expect this to be very close by the 4th quarter.

The thing i keep coming back to is Pitt isn't a good pass rush team. The way Brady is playing right now with Gronk/Bennett/Hogan/Edelman/White if you give him time they will make things happen.

While It could be close early on cause Brown/Bell/Williams/Coates manage to make some plays I just don't see it sustaining cause i don't expect a team that can't pass rush well to stop our offense.

I also expect the Pats to not let Pitt run on them that much and not let up huge pass plays and make the Steelers sustain long drives that are harder with with bad QBs.

Half time Pats 21 Steelers 14 / Final Pats 35 Steelers 20 (as they are taken more and more out of their game as our offense just keeps applying pressure)

This is a blowout. Pats 41 Steelers 9. Landry Fields stinks and the Pitt defense is average at best. Bell is a scary player, but they will need to throw to beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back