PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, Week 16 Patriots @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamo

praedica numerum!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for Week 16, New England Patriots at New York Football Jets.

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest. Next week I will tabulate and post the results, as well as cumulative results for the season so far (for those who have played every week). Stakes are bragging rights.

Scoring:
Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION. i.e If you predict Pats 24 Jets 10, your score is how many points off of 24 the Pats score (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 10 the Jets score (over or under does not matter). Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff either by editing your original post or by making a new one.

If you missed last week's results and the current season standings, they are here.

Good luck!

Pats 24
Jets 6

Pats 30
Jets 3

Patriots: 31
Jets: 10

Prediction Sonnet

We do what we do
are we back
on track?
It appears that this week
Won't be a sqeak
But Bollinger gets
as he plays for the Jets
no credit, respect or esteem
But the Pats do win
To Jets fans' chagrin
by a score
Thirty-One Twenty-four

Pats 17
Jets 0

I'm going to stay with an unpopular prediction to try and move up in the standings. My gut says the Jets wont be able to score a TD. But the contest requires me to pick an unexpected score.

Still, I expect this team to come out and show that they don't care about injuries, seeding, playoff chances, but that they just like to go out an execute a gameplan whenever they can. My prediction will require a couple of fluky Jets scores, because I don't think they can score more than 6 against us without flukes.

Patriots 41 Jets 16

I think this game will be very close. The Jets blew out the Raiders and should have beat the Dolphins. Both games they scored 24 points or more. Plus I believe against the tougher team (Miami), Bollinger had his first 300 yard game. AND it's at Jets. It would not shock me if the Pats lose. They have their spot pretty much locked up, and despite claims otherwise by BB, I bet he rests some players (Brady maybe in the second half ?).

I think it could be a lot like the Indy-Chargers game, and like the Chargers, the Jets are trying to win (why I don't know, they are blowing the Reggie Busch sweepstakes), and though I think the Pats want to keep the momentum going, I don't see us winning 28-0 like last week. If the Pats do go all out to win, we probably win by 2 TD's. My prediction.....

Pats 24
Jets 20

I really wish the Tampa game was the last game of the year, I'd love to see the Pats going into the playoffs after that performance. I think the last two games will be close, due to resting players, but it could hurt the Pats. Going into the playoffs with the momentum from a statement game like last week would have been amazing. If they crush the Jets and Dolphins, the momentum going into the playoffs will be awesome, but I feel really uncomfortable about the last two games. Just have a weird feeling that we might go into the playoffs with another loss on our record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patriots 21
Jets 9

Patriots 24
JEST 13

Patriots 24, Jets 3

Pats 24
Jets 6

Pats 24
Jets 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back