PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, AFC Championship BAL @ NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the matchup was set on Sunday I felt like this was going to be another close, knock 'em down, drag 'em out, last possession type game between these two teams.

The more I look at it, the more I feel like it's going to be a repeat of the kind of games we had with the Texans. 17+ pt lead coming into the 4th quarter with Baltimore maybe scoring on a garbage time bomb that makes it look closer than it was. I'm going to go ahead and predict that the defense holds up in garbage time and Baltimore is too deflated to score late so it ends up as...

NE 45
BAL 17

I also have a good feeling about this game.
I feel like we have the tools to keep them in check offensively -- we're very good against the run, and should be able to stop and even intercept the deep ball with McCourty at safety.
And I think they'll still be feeling effects from the last game (playing 5.5 quarters, tavelling from den to bal to ne, not having a bye week, being old) and will get tired out against the up tempo Pats offense

I'm going to go a bit further (I dont see any garbage time scores cause I think they'll just have given up the 4th quarter).
NE 49 (a bunch of tds)
BAL 13 (1 td, 2 fg)

Last edited:
Pats 31

Bal 20

Two things scare me.
One is when the Jets beat Peyton a few years ago in the PO's in similar fashion and then came here and and beat the Pats.
The other thing is that the LV line is -9 and money line is the same as when Balt. went to Den.

However the two things that make me feel good is that when the line is -9 and the total is over 44.5 teams are 5-0 this year straight up.

The other thing is this prediction by this website who habeen very good this year.
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots -9

The Ravens looked pretty good in their come-from-behind win against the Denver Broncos last weekend, but the game showed that even with Ray Lewis back in the lineup they don't have a defense this year. New England should be able to put up 40 without much opposition, so this game will come down to whether or not the Ravens are capable of scoring big points. The Patriots' defense has shown that they are only strong if their offense has a lead, and I just don't see Baltimore's defense being good enough to stop New England from scoring early and often. New England scored 3 easy 1st quarter touchdowns, allows their defense to be at their best where they can take chances, and wins this game in a rout while covering the point spread.
NFL Odds Preview - Week 3 Playoff Predictions

Patriots 34, Ravens 27
Last week's hero Jacoby Jones drops a chance to send the game to OT.

Pats - 37
Ravens -23

PATS 28
ravens 24

Lets hope we have a good start in this game unlike the last 2 playoff games (safety, long return).

Pats 38
Ray 21

Have a good retirement, don't kill anyone else!;)

I don't see a super close game:
Pats:38
Ravens:17

The patriots get the run started early and keep the ravens D on the field longer and it opens up welker and Hernandez which I see as having a good game, along with Lloyd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28-24, Ravens.

Pats 31-24.

Regards,
Chris

Pats 35
Ravens 28

Pats 38

Ravens 26

41-20 Pats

Pats 33-14

Status