PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Roster: Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
According to Reiss, 10 of the 20 below will make the 53-man roster. Barring any FA pickups (including he-who-shall-not-be-named), what 10 do you think will make it ?

Safety (10)
============
Rodney Harrison
Artrell Hawkins
Jarvis Herring
Keon Jackson
Tebucky Jones
Mel Mitchell
James Sanders
Guss Scott
Ray Ventrone
Eugene Wilson

Cornerback (10)
============
Willie Andrews
Vernell Brown
Randall Gay
Ellis Hobbs
Hank Poteat
Asante Samuel
Chad Scott
Antwain Spann
Eric Warfield
Gemara Williams

-R

Safeties: Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders, Scott

Corners: Asante, Hobbs, Gay, Warfield, Scott

I also think Mel Mitchell makes the team is a strictly special teams role.

stinkypete said:
Safeties: Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders, Scott

Corners: Asante, Hobbs, Gay, Warfield, Scott

I also think Mel Mitchell makes the team is a strictly special teams role.

A safe selection and it's hard to disagree.

I don't write off Tebucky as a special teamer, rather than Mitchell, and would have an irrational longshot bet on Vernell Brown as a PR.

I think that Hawkins and both Scotts should be looking over their shoulders.

Mitchell and Tebucky bring so much to special teams that they'll work their way onto the roster. Guss Scott - time to show you can stay healthy.

Locks: Samuel, Hobbs, Wilson, Harrison (probably PUP).
Near Locks: Gay, Hawkins
CB depth: Chad Scott, Warfield

That leaves about 3-4 spots for the backup safety/Special Teams roles amongst Mitchell, Tebucky, Sanders, Gus Scott and Andrews. Chances are good that injruies will make the decisions easy.

I really don't see any of the other 7 guys making a serious push for the roster.

Jeez, this is my list and there's 12 of them. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep one more DB and one less LB.

Safety
============
Rodney Harrison
Artrell Hawkins
Tebucky Jones
Mel Mitchell
James Sanders
Eugene Wilson

Cornerback
============
Willie Andrews
Randall Gay
Ellis Hobbs
Asante Samuel
Chad Scott
Eric Warfield

I guess if I have to whack two from here, it's Scott and Mitchell, but . . .

Well I guess you guys can field an entire defense just made up of defensive backs.

I don't think for a moment that this will happen. We NEED four corners and three safeties. And the fourth corner is likely to be a DNP or even inactive. I will list eight because Harrison may be kept on the 53, even though not at near 100%.

THE EIGHT
Samuel, Hobbs, Warfield, Gay
Harrison,Wilson,Hawkins,Sanders

THE SPECIAL TEAMERS
Jones and Mitchell

I think that this is plently. All these players are ready to play, no developmental projects. Sanders was our nickel last year, and did reasonably well. Hawkins may not be a corner any more, but he certainly could be a dime back if we had two injuries, and Jones could play that role.

CLOSE
Chad Scott (over Warfeild) or Law over Warfield and Scott
Guss Scott (over Hawkins or Mitchell)

why would we let leadership leave? Hawkins made us better because he was a leader for us..our young guys looked lost without a vet.

I'm stuck in Shanghai and believe it or not there's not much Pats news reported or discussed here. It's all NBA, soccer, and ping pong. Though I did show my colleague here a pic of Gillette stadium.

Am I to take it from the lack of Law posts that Ty is not coming back? Or is all just quiet on that front and anything could still happen?

Jarvis Herring? I'll be right back.

Anything could still happen with Law. We are one of three teams interested

Patjew said:
I'm stuck in Shanghai and believe it or not there's not much Pats news reported or discussed here. It's all NBA, soccer, and ping pong. Though I did show my colleague here a pic of Gillette stadium.

Am I to take it from the lack of Law posts that Ty is not coming back? Or is all just quiet on that front and anything could still happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Patjew said:

So, what's new in the world of Ping Pong?

Patjew said:

I'd give it odds of 3:1 against.

OT: How do you manage to keep kosher in Shanghai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes