Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

how many total games do you NOW think the Patriots will win this year?

Votes: 2 3.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 3 4.8%

Votes: 6 9.5%

Votes: 13 20.6%

Votes: 26 41.3%

Votes: 9 14.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
OK, we've now seen five games, more than 25% of the games of the 2008 version of the Patriots - virtually all of which have had Matt Cassel as the QB (starting or coming off the bench for 53 minutes in game 1). We've seen 3 wins (2 over very weak KC and SF teams) and 2 losses - yesterday's a blowout. While there is still a long way to go and still reason to have hope that the team will improve, it is also clear that this team is nowhere near as good as what we have come to expect from the Patriots.

So, taking the pulse of Patsfans.com as a proxy for Patriot Nation, how many total games do you NOW think the team will win this year?

I still think 10-11 wins is probable. Is that too pessimisstic?

I'm less certain of making it to the SB though. If they play like this, they might not make it.

I predicted pre-season that were Cassel to be the QB we'd go 8-8. Note I was NOT for cuting him. Right now, the TEAM needs to play better for us to go 8-8 or better.

The many fantasy football geeks here obsessed with one single position fail to realize that next year we do not have the same QB. As a Pats fan, I'm far more concerned about the lack of pass rush, inability to cover a depleted WR corps, and an OL that gets schooled week to week. I'm hoping that some of these problems are temporary but that's speaking as a homer.

8-8 is my guess - This is NOT a good team,it is a team with major holes in the secondary - A waste at quarterback - A poor offensive line - An aging ILB who is virtually non existent now and a front defensive 3 who are underachieving

From Super Bowl favorites to mediocre - look forward to 2009 so just enjoy watching NFL football this season as if you were a person who liked football but had no favorite team,that way it will be less painful :(

I said 9. If cassel really gets a lot better over the season, it could be higher. If he does not improve, it could be lower
Oh, and if the D can't be fixed then even lower

Last edited:
8-8 is my guess - This is NOT a good team,it is a team with major holes in the secondary - A waste at quarterback - A poor offensive line - An aging ILB who is virtually non existent now and a front defensive 3 who are underachieving

From Super Bowl favorites to mediocre - look forward to 2009 so just enjoy watching NFL football this season as if you were a person who liked football but had no favorite team,that way it will be less painful :(
Good analysis. This team may finish dead last in the AFC East.

Their record will be no better than 8-8 and probably worse. They

will have five draft picks in the top 100 to retool for 2009 if they

don't decide to trade away the picks.

12-4............

14!

You got that right. I predict the Patriots win 14 games this season.

10 in the regular season.

4 in the post-season

14!

You got that right. I predict the Patriots win 14 games this season.

10 in the regular season.

4 in the post-season
Again, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Regards,
Chris

OK, we've now seen five games, more than 25% of the games of the 2008 version of the Patriots - virtually all of which have had Matt Cassel as the QB (starting or coming off the bench for 53 minutes in game 1). We've seen 3 wins (2 over very weak KC and SF teams) and 2 losses - yesterday's a blowout. While there is still a long way to go and still reason to have hope that the team will improve, it is also clear that this team is nowhere near as good as what we have come to expect from the Patriots.

So, taking the pulse of Patsfans.com as a proxy for Patriot Nation, how many total games do you NOW think the team will win this year?

actually in fairness.....the doofins game was a BLOWOUT as well.........

With Kevin O'Connell (10-6)

With Matt (7-9)

this is good advice ......watch the games this year as if you are not even a fan....passing glances.....may keep alot of people much healthier and happier

12-4............

put down the crack pipe and step away from the mushrooms son.....!

Don't agree with your prediction,,,,,,,,,,,,but hope you're right................

I think we'll be 9-7, or 10-6... Matt desperately needs to get his TD total higher than his INT total though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes