PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Patriots cuts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Pa Patriot said:
Sorry Willie is gone,

Ty Poole, Beisel and Chad Brown would be candidates.

Its not a good situation...

Just an Update, Curran supposedly said on the radio (EEI?) that the rumors of McGinest getting cut were FALSE.

Just re-inforces the idea that anything Glenn Ordway says you should figure the exact opposite.

DaBruinz said:
Just an Update, Curran supposedly said on the radio (EEI?) that the rumors of McGinest getting cut were FALSE.

Just re-inforces the idea that anything Glenn Ordway says you should figure the exact opposite.

We have found one area we can completly AGREE on!!
WEEI and Ordway in particular really blows.

The ignorance and hysteria on WEEI is only equaled by that posted in this forum.

Once again, read Miguel's page and listen to DaBruinz. He can do simple mathematics.

PatsWickedPissah said:
The ignorance and hysteria on WEEI is only equaled by that posted in this forum.

Once again, read Miguel's page and listen to DaBruinz. He can do simple mathematics.

The point of the post was very simple - if there is to be no agreement with a new CBA, I asked which players people felt we should cut. The response has for the most part under whelmed me. While I may not have had Willies exact cap number correct - the intent is remains the same.

Should we cut people, at the appropriate time, in order to create more cap space so that we can be in a position to sign or own free agents or sign somebody else's. It was meant to be a debate over how we feel the patriots should play their hand.

It seems to me that Willie should be cut and re-signed so as to cancel the dummy year off, keep him on the team and create some dollars. It also makes sense to me to rid ourselves of Ty Poole and perhaps Monty Beisel, Chad Brown and possibly Brandon Gorin. If you go to Miguels page you will see those are the players I feel that we can cut to create some more dollars to sign the players we want to keep, or sign other players that have been cut. The debate should be whether we do just that and try to keep Adam V., Neal, DGiv and any of our other free agents or just let them walk..

Please help me to understand where is the hysteria or ignorance in posing such a question??

fgssand said:
We have found one area we can completly AGREE on!!
WEEI and Ordway in particular really blows.

FGSSAND -
I think that we agree on a lot more than we are willing to admit.

However, its always good to have stimulating talks on the boards.

fgssand said:
The point of the post was very simple - if there is to be no agreement with a new CBA, I asked which players people felt we should cut. The response has for the most part under whelmed me. While I may not have had Willies exact cap number correct - the intent is remains the same.

Should we cut people, at the appropriate time, in order to create more cap space so that we can be in a position to sign or own free agents or sign somebody else's. It was meant to be a debate over how we feel the patriots should play their hand.

It seems to me that Willie should be cut and re-signed so as to cancel the dummy year off, keep him on the team and create some dollars. It also makes sense to me to rid ourselves of Ty Poole and perhaps Monty Beisel, Chad Brown and possibly Brandon Gorin. If you go to Miguels page you will see those are the players I feel that we can cut to create some more dollars to sign the players we want to keep, or sign other players that have been cut. The debate should be whether we do just that and try to keep Adam V., Neal, DGiv and any of our other free agents or just let them walk..

Please help me to understand where is the hysteria or ignorance in posing such a question??

Its not a bad question, but I think that you some of the players you mentioned for examples just weren't well thought out. Beisel, Willie and Gorin. And believe me. I want Gorin gone. However, not at the cost of hurting the team. And by that I mean that the Patriots have used at least 4 OTs in every single year that Bill has been the coach. That's 6 straight years.

I think that Kaczur is going to push Light to the RT position and that Gorin will be pushed to the bench. Hopefully, the Pats draft a OT/OG type player who can, potentially, force Kaczur or Light inside to a guard position. Then the Pats could cut Gorin and not think twice about it.

As for Beisel, I believe he was a project. As do many others. I don't think anyone believed that he should have been starting at ILB for the Pats when he first got here. Does he need work? Yes. He needs about 10-15 lbs and he needs to learn to explode into his tackles and aim his tackles at a players chest. He needs to NOT try and wrap up high. That was the biggest mistake I saw from Beisel. He tried to wrap up high too much.

Now, if he can't make the necessary changes by the end of the 2007 season, let him go. No biggie. Worst that has happened is that you had a damn good special teamer around.

I predict the there will be no Patriots cuts tomorrow.

DaBruinz said:
Its not a bad question, but I think that you some of the players you mentioned for examples just weren't well thought out. Beisel, Willie and Gorin. And believe me. I want Gorin gone. However, not at the cost of hurting the team. And by that I mean that the Patriots have used at least 4 OTs in every single year that Bill has been the coach. That's 6 straight years.

I think that Kaczur is going to push Light to the RT position and that Gorin will be pushed to the bench. Hopefully, the Pats draft a OT/OG type player who can, potentially, force Kaczur or Light inside to a guard position. Then the Pats could cut Gorin and not think twice about it.

As for Beisel, I believe he was a project. As do many others. I don't think anyone believed that he should have been starting at ILB for the Pats when he first got here. Does he need work? Yes. He needs about 10-15 lbs and he needs to learn to explode into his tackles and aim his tackles at a players chest. He needs to NOT try and wrap up high. That was the biggest mistake I saw from Beisel. He tried to wrap up high too much.

Now, if he can't make the necessary changes by the end of the 2007 season, let him go. No biggie. Worst that has happened is that you had a damn good special teamer around.

The primary reason for selecting the players that I did were based on players that could be released, that we would not miss much or were replaceable and that also would save us some amount of cap money. I started by going to Miguels pages and found very few players that I feel fall under that designation - that being players that provide some dollars and really wont be missed. The only other person I choose was hoping for a Willie restructure.

While our core group of players are very strong, there is very little fat to be found at all. There are about 4 or 5 free agents that I wish had been signed long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back