PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the first major offseason headlines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats trade up into the top 10.

Re: Predict the first major offseason move...

banned!

I doubt it, he can lollygag it for a few more years playing on people's past memories before he gets canned.

That may be harsh though. He's a good guy, it seems. Maybe he really does have bad ribs.

I'd get rid of his man friend, Moss though...too old. Plus it let's Brady know that he's going to have to be hungry like he was in 2001,3,4 and not have super duper wide recievers to stare down like moss.

No one said canned, I said retired.

And I really do think he's going to retire much earlier than most people here think. I definitely don't see him playing as long as Favre or Warner.

Doubt it. He'll have nothing to do after that. Football is his life.

I imagine you're right. I just wanted to throw that out there after seeing his presser yesterday. The last few seasons seem to have been particularly trying for the guy, and this one seemed to have been really full of futility and difficulty, on the field and off.

Anyways, if Mike Shanahan (turns 58 in August) can sign a 5 year deal to coach, and Bill Parcells coached until he was 65, it's fair to think that Belichick (58 in April) can at least go to the end of his contract (rumored to be 2013).

No one said canned, I said retired.

And I really do think he's going to retire much earlier than most people here think. I definitely don't see him playing as long as Favre or Warner.

You know back in July or August he said he planned on playing for 10 more years because there was nothing else in life he would rather do. Do you think he was just saying that to appease us fans, or do you think this season has taken too much of a toll on him and he wants to get out a bit earlier now?

EDIT: If I am coming across as a smart a$s I apoligize, I am not trying to be. I am asking your honest opinion.

Last edited:
Romeo Returns.

The reason I think we'll know soon is because Belichick said in his presser one of the very first things is assessing the schemes. Everything else follows that from coaching choices, to players targeted, to OTA's and mini-camps. They have to have a solid idea of where they're going in all 3 phases before they can be sure who to target in free agency. Which starts fairly soon (February 27th).

Any seismic coaching changes have to be done in short order to make ready, unless nothing is changing (please no).

I thought in sb 42, before the gam,e that if we won, BB retires .

Key Moves:

Fire Dan Pees today

Cut Maroney , AD , Light .

The first moves we'll see will probably come today, when X number of the PS players are re-signed to future contracts.

After that, we'll probably see AD released at the beginning of the waiver period in mid-February.

Too many silly answers.

Your first sentence will be offseason step #1.

AD gets severely beaten by a a pack of escaped chimps.

The Pats trade up into the top 10.

Oooppss... I thought this was biggest surprise, not first major news.

My vote will be sign one of the following:

Julius Peppers
Carols Dansby
Shawne Merriman

Unfortunately, Merriman may be the most likely since he might be the only one not franchised. Unless there is no cap and he will be tendered, but I would bet that the Chargers only tender him a second round tender so they can get compensation for him. I think he is gone from the Chargers no matter what.

Last edited:
Good point on the PS (and other minor contract stuff)

What I HOPE is next is Romeo being rehired. But it's not likely.

After that, we'll probably see AD released at the beginning of the waiver period in mid-February.

Teams might be willing to pick up Thomas' contract, seeing as his salary is only about $4.5M in 2010.

Teams might be willing to pick up Thomas' contract, seeing as his salary is only about $4.5M in 2010.

Doubt anyone wants to pay that for a fat useless malcontent. He has 30M of patriot money in the bank, don't think he's very 'hungry' anymore.

The one I would like to see that nobody has listed but I also don't see it happening since he has a cushy gig: "Rodney Harrison hired as Patriots DB coach". Ditto on Bruschi as a LB coach.

I think both of these guys would make excellent coaches and add leadership, accountability, energy and they certainly are not yes men since all have been major topics of late.

NEM is reinstated on the PatsFans message board!

My hope is that the forst offseason season announcement is a Brady extension. IN any case, the most IMPORTANT offseason announcement will involve Brady. His contract ends after the 2010 season so something must be done soon.

#1 wilfork signs with KC

#2 mankins get's the TAG

#3 Leigh Bodden signs with the redskins

#4 green signs with denver

#5 AD cut and signs with the jets

and the pats replace wilfork, green, AD. and Leigh Bodden,

with kevin carter, sam adams, Matt Roth, and Walt Harris,

#1 wilfork signs with KC

#2 mankins get's the TAG

Can you take a valium? The optimism in your voice is giving me high blood pressure.

#1 wilfork signs with KC

#2 mankins get's the TAG

At least you mentioned two players who are still in the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back