PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Draft Day surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alberts the gaurd from virginia goes in the first round.

Alberts the gaurd from virginia goes in the first round.

He is rated 10-15th, MY PICK is that THE PATS DRAFT BRANDON ALBERT G/T VA....played against Chris Long everyday, can play guard and tackle. Smart, coached by Al Groh. YUP, this is our guy!

Pats draft TE Kellen Davis (2nd Round)- Vrabel never plays goalline offense again

Baltimore trades up to #3 and selects Jake Long

Devon Thomas, who?

Michigan State receiver Devon Thomas, who is climbing fast up the draft boards, gets picked in the middle to the late first round. Blazing speed (4.43), excellent size (6'2", 210), and outstanding productivity last year as a junior (79 receptions, 1260 yards) when he hadn't done anything previously under "The Clown," coach John L. Smith, the guy who slapped himself after a game at the podium, which became a YouTube sensation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlUO-7m9RuA

Thomas is also an explosive kickoff returner, averaging 29.1 yards.

Dallas News's Rick Gosselin, the new Will McDonough, has an article about him and Michigan State's success in delivering NFL receivers in today's paper:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/033108dnspodraftseries.332c95d.html

Anyone remember Plaxico?

Hey, I'd love to see Devon Thomas in a Patriots uniform. Who is going to be our No. 3 receiver if Gaffney goes down? Chad Jackson has yet to inspire a lot of confidence. Gaffney often can't make it through a season without getting hurt.

Tom Brady, as we found out this season, needs to be given the keys to the machine.

Re: Devon Thomas, who?

Michigan State receiver Devon Thomas, who is climbing fast up the draft boards, gets picked in the middle to the late first round. Blazing speed (4.43), excellent size (6'2", 210), and outstanding productivity last year as a junior (79 receptions, 1260 yards) when he hadn't done anything previously under "The Clown," coach John L. Smith, the guy who slapped himself after a game at the podium, which became a YouTube sensation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlUO-7m9RuA

Thomas is also an explosive kickoff returner, averaging 29.1 yards.

Dallas News's Rick Gosselin, the new Will McDonough, has an article about him and Michigan State's success in delivering NFL receivers in today's paper:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/033108dnspodraftseries.332c95d.html

Anyone remember Plaxico?

Hey, I'd love to see Devon Thomas in a Patriots uniform. Who is going to be our No. 3 receiver if Gaffney goes down? Chad Jackson has yet to inspire a lot of confidence. Gaffney often can't make it through a season without getting hurt.

Tom Brady, as we found out this season, needs to be given the keys to the machine.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. Thomas seems to be the #1 WR. I've got him going to Chicago at #14.

My draft day surprise?

Here it is:

Dryheat starts doing back-flips in his family room after Goodell announces the following on 4/26:

"With the 7th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, jeers rain down from the crowd, Goodell, actually has to repeat himself the jeers are that loud, the New England Patriots select..............Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie"

Dryheat rolls all over his family room in pure excitement over the Cromartie at 7 selection.

Now, that would be my draft day surprise.

:bricks:I should have seen this coming sooner. It's all so clear now. The Patriots will trade up to #1 to draft Darren McFadden. Here is why?

1. BB believes the game has shifted to Offense, not Defense.
2. The Tuna is just begging to give the top overall pick away.
3. The Patriots see an opportunity and they pounce on it.
4. McFadden is unquestionably the biggest impact player.
5. The quickest way to take pressure of Brady is to run well.
6. Even when he had Dillon, BB wanted to pair him up at RB.
7. Packaging picks to Miami could also land them Jason Taylor.
8. If Brady were to go down, McFadden could help carry them.
9. Brady wants to be surrounded by playmakers who can score.
10. The League loses power to bully Pats if they trade picks.

Again, back to the doghouse rookie.

The Vikings will get their pick in on time, and not get skipped because they can't figure out how to get a piece of paper to the podium before the clock runs out.

Or, the Jets will use their first round pick on a player who has a good career with them. Actually this would be a bigger surprise than the Vikings understanding how to beat the clock.

Well, they did pick up Joe Klecko and Mark Gastineau once upon a time, so I guess they are due a good pick again. :singing:

The Pats first pick is someone who's not seriously considered a #7 possibility...

What if they can't moveout of the pick and they select Antoine Cason at #7. That would be a shocker.

What if they can't moveout of the pick and they select Antoine Cason at #7. That would be a shocker.

Thats why we're guessing because stuff like this happens every year. Your right. Buffalo selected Donte Whitner at 9 a few years back and was thought to be a mega reach but hes worked out quite well.

My draft day surprise is that Chris Long drops to the Pats.

Patriots draft... a Tight End!!!

Matt Ryan selected #1 overall by the 'fins:wha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill