PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Draft Day surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Every year we see tremendous shocking picks whether it is someone picked really high or a player going to a team that no one figured.

Past cases.
Buffalo selects Donte Whitner (smart move)
Miami selects Ginn
Vikings select Peterson (didnt need RB but he fell in their lap)
Patriots select Mankins

etc.

This year i have a couple and would like to see some other people thoughts as well.

On draft night i will reopen this thread and see how many of us had some good thoughts and predicted things well before the draft. Predict as much as you want.

My predictions:

Jeff Otah will be the second tackle taken over Ryan Clady and Otah will be a top 10 pick.

CB Brandon Flowers will be a top 20 pick, leapfrogging many like Jenkins, Lee, Cason, Talib and Godfrey.

Hopefully many of you will play along.
EDIT: If you play along can you please bold or underline your predictions.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The Patriots will shock the nation and draft ME at the #7 pick in the 2008 NFL draft, I could play any position on offense or defense and special teams ill never come off the feild lol...

The Patriots will shock the nation and draft ME at the #7 pick in the 2008 NFL draft, I could play any position on offense or defense and special teams ill never come off the feild lol...

you are supposed to bold or underline your selection per the thread starter

Goodell admits he made a big mistake and gives the Pats back their first round draft pick.

:rofl:

In spite of his combine, Gholston slides to early or mid teens a la Merriman.

How can you say that about a can't miss player from OSU, you know, the school that got blown out of the last two Championship games and won one vs Miami thanks to the refs.

I dont know how much of a surprise this is but the Pats will select Quintin Groves at 7 after the Jets take Gholston at 6.

How can you say that about a can't miss player from OSU, you know, the school that got blown out of the last two Championship games and won one vs Miami thanks to the refs.

LMAO! (10 chars)

Angry because he couldn't answer even one question correctly and was unceremoniously pulled from the show lineup on "Are You Smarter Then A Fifth Grader" for lack of intelligence, Roger Goodell then issues a ruling to:

Take away the Pats first round 7th draft pick they got from the 49ers. Suspends Bill Bellichick by the testicles for a year,
Mandates that Robert Kraft must wear a pointy red gnome hat at games, Decrees that Tom Brady must play with his arms tied behind his back,
Rules the Pats must turn over all video tapes and preparation materials for every game to Bill Polian a full week before the game is played.
And, finally, on game day the Patriots must all wear their helmets backwards

The Vikings will get their pick in on time, and not get skipped because they can't figure out how to get a piece of paper to the podium before the clock runs out.

Or, the Jets will use their first round pick on a player who has a good career with them. Actually this would be a bigger surprise than the Vikings understanding how to beat the clock.

The Jets fans will not boo.

The Patriots trade UP and take Gholston at 5, messing up the Jets and giving up their 3b pick and 5th rd pick in the process.

Biggest draft day surprise - my hotel in Victoria has the NFL Network or ESPN...or TSN has more than two hours of coverage.

Brian Brohm is the fourth QB taken

Matt Ryan does not go in the Top 10
Vernon Gholston goes #2 to the Rams
Devin Thomas is the first wideout taken

The Bengals WILL NOT take a player with character issues.

The Pats will draft 1 offensive player and the rest of the players will be on the defensive side of the ball, including Groves and Goff in the first two rounds.

Matt Ryan does not go in the Top 10
Vernon Gholston goes #2 to the Rams
Devin Thomas is the first wideout taken

Actually, the Rams selecting Gholston is my LOCK of the draft. I think Ryan goes to Atlanta though. I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm went 8th to Baltimore.

With the first pick, Miami let's the clock expire, allowing the Rams to make the first pick overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes