PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the 2010 Patriots season record (merged)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Predict the Patriots 2010 record

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not taking that as a bait, just posting up my honest opening about New England.

Anyhow, a big positive for Buffalo is that Jauron is no longer our head coach, which means the "Playing not to lose" menality should be out of Buffalo. He played scared a LOT, and it showed. Very likely things will be different with Gailey. Coaching costed us a handful of games in this past decade.

Like I said, it's a very brutal schedule for the AFC East, which means it will be pretty difficult for Buffalo to string up a winning season, but we're all up to the challenge. We start off the season with Miami, Green Bay, New England, the Jets, and Jacksonville.

Miami, Jacksonville, and maybe the Jets are all winnable games for us.

There are some people who will think the Bills will be downright awful this season, but I don't see how we got worse. If anything, we are the same team, if not slightly better than our 2009 squad. And another factor overlooked was that like half our team was on IR last season. It got to the point where I could stop naming who was starting for the team.

I'm thinking no less than 5 wins. We could get up to 8 if a thing here or two bounces our way. So I'd set the mark at 6 wins.

And no, the Bills streak to New England doesn't end this year. No way we could beat them in a shootout.

Sounds reasonable. That's for sharing your perspective.

I like your young RB.

Could be 9-7 to 11-5 without a suprise win/loss or lucky/unlucky break in the mix. There will be all of the above, of course. I like the analogy of the 2004 Colts. To do any better, Brady will need to let the ball fly irresponsibly and just rely on his and his recievers huge talent to make the play happen. If they can gameplan an effective running/play-action game, they'll go far, especially as the defense matures.

Should be a slow start, but even if they come out of SD at 3-3, I think they'll find a way to win the division at 11-5. The early games look tough. They could start 1-5 and still make the playoffs. That would make for an entertaining board. :bricks:

I am still saying 11-5.

We are certainly not world beaters out of the gates although our offense should be awesome.

I voted 13-3.

Watch out for the patriots redzone offense, special teams, and YACs a.k.a yards after catch. oh not to mention they also have a QB name tom brady, the coach, and randy moss.

I am really impressed with the optimism, almost across the board for the pats fans here.

As a jets fan I can't ever be confident that my team is going to win. If I were to venture a guess to the pats record this year I would say 11-5. I think like always you will dominate the division games including sweeping the jets.

I think it's going to be a fun year regardless and good luck. I also think this is brady's last season with the pats and that bb doesn't resign him. I also think you guys don't miss a beat once he's gone.

This is just pure speculation and feel free to ridicule me just my hunch.

i went with 9-7. Tough division and i am not sure about the D.

I picked 12-4, can't give a specific reason why, I just have a good vibe with this team.

I do see the Jets coming back down to earth pretty fast, even with Revis back in the mix.

O.K., I have waited until the very last minute to predict, because I was having a very hard time. Why?

Well, look at this team that went 10 and 6 last year, from an offensive stand point. You add Tate to the WR mix and kickoff team. You add three TEs that could give Brady some amazing weapons. That should be a plus right?

Our return team could be better, and our rookie punter could translate into better field position.

This team could be better than last year's team right? Right.

However, this schedule is ridiculously tough. It just is. If they were better on offense and defense, the could possibly have a worse record, with this schedule.

Their best offensive lineman doesn't seem any closer to joining the team, and his supposed replacement Kaczur could be out for a long time.

So, now the defense. Last year I, like many, watched every game, sometimes more than once. The main thing that jumped out at me had to be the opposing QBs having all kinds of time in the pocket. We had little pressure.

Well, in the preseason, they didn't seem to have fixed that, with the players that were able to play. I figured, coming in that a healthy Ty Warren could help (as he played hurt last year). I figured that re-signing Bodden was huge overall for their D.

Then, both get put on IR and are out for the year. I was excited to see McGowen's growth in his second year (as I was for Bodden), and now HE is out for the year.

So, our defense is going to be full of either newly added players (non-rookies) to the team, 2nd year players, and/or rookies . That's exciting on one level, but with such a horrible pass rush, it could be brutal. They will have to be covering their men for a long time. That's hard for seasoned pros.

Finally, ever since 2001, the Patriots have had as many, if not more injuries than most in the league. It almost has seemed unfair, you must admit. Well this year, we haven't played one game, and we will be missing some key players for the year. Point is, they will have more injuries and what depth do they have?

IF I knew that Cunningham, Brace, Murrell and Ninkovich will give us the pass rush that we were missing, I'd be predicting something different that what I'm about to predict. Likewise, if I thought the injury bug would stop dead in it's tracks right now. But I don't, and I don't.

So,..............drum roll please, I predict the Pats will be 8 and 8. Please don't slam be for being negative. I just see a team that is an injury away from trouble. Yes, you can always say that. My whole point is that they had so many before the first game that I am feeling less than confident.

Please God let me be wrong. I love my Patriots! Let Cunningham have 10 sacks. Let us all say Brace is a stud. Let us see defensive rookie of the year Spikes or McGourty shine as rooks. Most of all, let us go 16 weeks with no more injuries. Buckle up. We'll see what happens. I guess you can see it's the early injury bug that has me worried.

10-6. Think its going to be a roller coaster. Hopefully I'm being too cautious.

We play a tough schedule and have some growing pains in store on the Defense. I went 10-6 conservatively.

11-5. They have a tough AFC East. They probably split with Miami and the Jets. They also probably lose at least one, maybe two of the games with the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals Packers, and Vikings. Though they might do really well because most of those games are at home. They also will probably lose another game along the way that they should win. @ bears maybe??

During the early part of the season, I think this defense will really struggle against teams with decent quarterbacks. I think they may come around in the second half of the year.

First part of schedule:

Cinn. - pick 'em
@NYJ - L
Buff. - W
@ Miami - pick 'em
Bal. - L
@ SD -L

Split the 2 pick 'em games, and it looks like maybe 2-4 for the first part of the season. Bye-bye, fair weather fans.

Minn. - pick em
@ Cle - W
@ Pitt. - L
Ind. - L
@ Det. - W
Jets - W

At this point, my guess is around 6-6 or 5-7.

The defense stiffens and the month of December looks like the following:

@ Chi - W
GB - L
@ Buff. - W
Miami - W

9-7 might get them into the playoffs, if they split with Miami and the Jets, and win both games against the Bills, giving them a 4-2 division record.

We have done this for the past 2 or 3 or 4 years. WE have had people predicting 16-0 and that's fine but try to be realistic.

I have not included 16-0, 15-1, or even 14-2. Even in Homerville those records are considered pie in the sky. Also I didn't include anything less that 8-8 and probably should not have included that as the thought of less than 8-8 brought my breakfast up.

If you want to vote for "other" please be specific so we can all have a good laugh.

I think that the team will be 6-10. The D can't get off of the field and the offense won't be able to get on the field due to the lousy D...There is no pass rush and the corners are going to be hung out to dry...

aabtec

back from the Middle East...

Head says 10-6 based on young D maturing late in season but heart says 11-5. Going with fanboy heart.
That said I agree that a strong O will pull us upward.

10 - 6 and "One and Done" in the playoffs...weak defense and no run game spells doom...Belichick era is three years past it's expiration date...

I think that the team will be 6-10. The D can't get off of the field and the offense won't be able to get on the field due to the lousy D...There is no pass rush and the corners are going to be hung out to dry...

aabtec

back from the Middle East...

Welcome Back !!

Remember you from the old AFC Beast days buddy. :rocker:

i went 9-7 too....but i have a question. Why would we not go with a 4-3 defense? I realize at this point, through training camp, with the personel we have, it's too late for this year. But with our young quick DB's and LB's, why would we not put another big guy on the line to get that pass rush?

this thought came to me by the fantasy thought of what we could be if we made a move for Haynesworth. Obviously I know it not reality, IF we made a move and converted to a 4-3...what we would be like defensively...But even without him, couldn't a 4-3 benefit us? thoughts?

Last edited:
I dont know about 11-5 but 10-6 would be probable. Too many starting CB's gone, for the season and over the years. No Ty Law, no Samels, no Hobbs, no first starter this year, I just hope our MLB's and LOLB's will be able to be some of the best in the league, otherwise things are going to get depleted quickly.

Our offense is amazing, but we have a real nasty passing for schedule.

Last edited:
i went 9-7 too....but i have a question. Why would we not go with a 4-3 defense? I realize at this point, through training camp, with the personel we have, it's too late for this year. But with our young quick DB's and LB's, why would we not put another big guy on the line to get that pass rush?

this thought came to me by the fantasy thought of what we could be if we made a move for Haynesworth. Obviously I know it not reality, IF we made a move and converted to a 4-3...what we would be like defensively...But even without him, couldn't a 4-3 benefit us? thoughts?

One reason I can think of is that we just committed to a huge new deal for an elite NT. His talents are wasted in a 4-3, IMO.

I'm a born pessimist, the Pats are the only thing I'm optimistic about and I can't change that. I love this team too much. I conservatively predict 11-5, but I'm really hoping they go 12-4. Week one is the decider.

I see losses only the Ravens, a split of Green Bay/Minnesota, one Division game (Miami or NY), and a split of Indy/SD, who I believe have weaknesses this year. If we beat Cinci the Pats go 12-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back