Welcome to PatsFans.com

Predict record for next four games

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by neuronet, Nov 2, 2011.

?

What will our record be in the next four games?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2011.
  1. 4-0

18.3%
  2. 3-1

53.3%
  3. 2-2

18.3%
  4. 1-3

10.0%
  5. 0-4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Sick of fretting about the loss past Sunday. Looking ahead, we have a very tough schedule over the next four games: Giants, @Jests, Chiefs, @Eagles. What do you think our record will be for those games?
  2. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i'm not part of your "our"

but i think you guys will go 3-1
  3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +745 / 14 / -12

you think we're gonna lose to the Rats...just say it, JC
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

I think we can manage 3-1. If we go 4-0 during that stretch, I'd be ecstatic.
  5. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

one of the road games, in particular

not necessarily the sexy rexys
  6. NJPatsfan26

NJPatsfan26 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

3 - 1 for me seems logical. We beat the Giants this weekend as a revenge game, we split with the Jets this year, beat the Chiefs and Eagles.
  7. TB_12

TB_12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the eagles offense plays like how they played vs the Cowboys, then we have no chance in Philly.

I think we can beat NYG, NYJ, and KC.
  8. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

the eagles will be the one lose they go 3-1
  9. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Really? I am expected to pick a game a month from now?

Come on man.
  10. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 7 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think 2-2 is being realistic. I think we will have difficulty like we did last year at the jests. I also see us struggling against the Eagles and again another tough place to play. I think pats will win this weekend (they damned well better be fired up for this one)....but with their great WR corps (not sure if any of our secondary personnel can cover Nicks) and they can get their typical pressure on Brady...they could walk away with a W....but I doubt it...somehow Pats will win. We should beat KC by at least 14 @ home.....that's the way I see it....hope they go 4-0....just don't see it with all the issues they have going on right now
  11. E Belichick Unum

E Belichick Unum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Giants can throw the ball and have very good revievers. Chances of a win is probably 50-50.

The Jets are at home and Sanchez isn't all that good. Chances of a win is probably greater than 50%.

The Chiefs are actually horrible. I like Matt Cassel, but he has no team around him. Chances of a win is probably greater than 50%.

The Eagles should be a very good team, and will be by the end of the season. I think that Mike Vick is a punk, but he is a variable that the Patriots have had trouble with in previous games this year. Chances of a win is probably less than 50%.

All of these teams have talent where the Patriots have the most trouble compensating, recieving. If the Pats come out of the next 4 games with a two and two record, they have done well. If they come out with a better than .500 record then they have done very well. The secondary on this team, and the defense that they are playing means that the opposition is going to put up huge passing numbers on the Pats. There isn't a whole lot of talent in that secondary, Chung and McCourty were drafted and everybody else made teams as street free agents. I have no reason to believe that they will perform any better than they did last week in Pittsburg.

One good thing that has happened is that the pass rush has become so so, which is better than when it is absent earlier in the year. Still, there isn't a whole lot of constant pressure on the QB, but at least they are getting a couple of sacks when it matters every once in a while. The question becomes will they continue to get better or will the pass rush just stay where it is. For the Patriots to beat the Giants they have to apply a lot of pressure on Manning. He has a good group of recievers but needs time to find them. For Sanchez they can hide their coverages and get away with less pressure and more run stopping coverages. For the Chiefs they need to pressure Cassel, but Matt has it in him to tear up the secondary if the pass rush disappears. The Eagles will be the most difficult game of the bunch. They run the ball very well and they have pretty good recievers. Vick isn't a very accurate passer, but he could tear the Pats up for 250 yards passing and 100 yards on the ground.

Let's hope that they can find a way to fix the middle of the zone, if not the Pats are in trouble.
  12. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This team has shown this year it can't beat good teams on the road...at home they are tough,forget it on the road,especially against a formidable team.

They lose at the Jets and Eagles.....no way does this defense keep Vick under control and the Jets D will keep our offense in check

I think we beat the Giants and Chiefs at home.....Cassel doesn't scare me,Eli to Cruz could be a tough one to handle though.

2-2 is my answer....if the defense continues to downward spiral,it could be 1-3,Brady simply can't pull games out of his ass every week without help from the D,he needs help
  13. EJ Blitz

EJ Blitz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3-1.

The Eagles look like they were engineered to beat the current Pats.
  14. Raymond

Raymond Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I will be extremely happy if they go 3-1 in losing only to the Eagles. With their remaining schedule, it would put a lot of pressure on the Jets through the remainder of the season.

But realistically, 2-2 would not surprise me at all.
  15. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

This is always a problem with the Pats, though. somehow it got worse this year, though, even though I didn't think that was possible.
  16. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Can WE SERIOUSLY predict our next 4 games coming up?!

All I know is.....

If there is A PASS RUSH!
    If there is a SIGN OF OUR DBs PLAYING LIKE Professional FB Players!
    If TOM BRADY CAN STAY UP RIGHT!
    If TOM BRADY THROWS FOR 500yds 4TDs ( or run in there)
    If we get TURN OVERS ( not apple)

Then Maybe, MAYBE We won't be looking up at Bills & Jets!
  17. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would guess 2-2 since all are very winnable, and all could easily be lost as well - though with the Chiefs that would probably have to fall under the 'any given Sunday' category, or just an emotional dud after three physically and mentally tough games, two of which were on the road.

On the plus side this stretch looks much less formidable than it did at the start of training camp. On the 2011 schedule the Pats were looking at six consecutive games against teams that had double-digit wins in 2010, starting with last week's game at Pittsburgh and then the game against the Colts in addition to the four mentioned above. At the time I was looking at probably 3-3 at best, possibly 2-4, and maybe with some luck and fortunate bounces 4-2 during these games.
  18. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A revenge game? No game will be avenge that loss:mad:
  19. BradysBunch12

BradysBunch12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone who's saying 3-1...give me some of what you're smoking.

2-2 is not only not guaranteed but would be a miracle at this point. I'm just hoping they win one of the Giants/Jets games and don't lose to the Chiefs.

A lot of people on this board are like the fat girl reminiscing about the days she was hot. We haven't won anything that mattered since 2005.
  20. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

So, only Superbowl wins matter? I guess we'll see you in late January then...

The Patriots have won a crap ton of games since 2005. Just not the one that matters most.

Your pessimism seems to have gotten the better of you here. Maybe drink a redbull or something stimulating to get yourself feeling a bit better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.