Predict 1 or 2 Sliders in Round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I predict these 2 guys will slide a bit ... I don't see a big slider.

However I think:

Mendenahll & Cromartie will be looked upon as steals when they go lower.

Mendenhall will drop because there are a lot of decent servicable Rb's in the draft ... Cromartie will drop because even though he's a freak athlete he's not really a top of round 1 step right in and play guy ... he can't tackle to save his life.

Aqib Talib seems like he could slide out of round one and I would'nt be surpised to see Stewart from Oregon slide till the end of round one.

I wouldn't be suprised if Mcfadden falls out of the top 10

Aqib Talib seems like he could slide out of round one and I would'nt be surpised to see Stewart from Oregon slide till the end of round one.
YES. I can't find what people see in this guy. (Talib)

Last edited:

Yeah, not to dumb it down too much but he just looks sort of gangly in coverage, less than fluid let's say! Watch perrenial pro bowler.

He can cover the crap out of you buy he'll hang on to your shirt as you drag him into the endzone ... I really could see someone like T.O. doing this to him ... can't tackle an old lady if he had to.

I predict these 2 guys will slide a bit ... I don't see a big slider.

However I think:

Mendenahll & Cromartie will be looked upon as steals when they go lower.

Mendenhall will drop because there are a lot of decent servicable Rb's in the draft ... Cromartie will drop because even though he's a freak athlete he's not really a top of round 1 step right in and play guy ... he can't tackle to save his life.

Step in the snake pit and get bit: Now how is it you KNOW he is a bad tackler?? Have all the Tennessee st games TV'od?? I am not high on a unproven div 2 guy, but I wont regurge stuff I dont KNOW.

Last edited:
Ryan and McFadden have the potential to be the biggest sliders. many have them as the best couple of athletes in the draft, the bsest prospects and one of the top 4 picks. Either could be available at 7 or even later.

Last edited:
Step in the snake pit and get bit: Now how is it you KNOW he is a bad tackler?? Have all the Tennessee st games TV'od?? I am not high on a unproven div 2 guy, but I wont regurge stuff I dont KNOW.

That's why you didn't and I did ... who the frig needs a lecture from you?
You know plants ... stick to it then and get your panties out of your azz.

Last edited:
Put me down for Gholston having the biggest slide of the day.

On NFLN last night they were hinting that Dorsey could be the slider, relatively speaking. It's always been presumed that it was between he and Long to the Rams, but the late skinny was that Long had emerged as the frontrunner due to their desire to leave Carriker inside. Then the longstanding spin was Dorsey to Atlanta, only in the last week Shefter says presuming Dorsey was gone (and perhaps revisiting some medical concerns their team docs have raised) Atlanta had begun to warm to the idea of Ryan to such an extent that they now preferred him to Dorsey. That would leave Al with a big decision - potential best DT in a decade, potential best pure pass rusher (when motivated), or the nearly concensus RB to help jump start his #1QB's career. Or trade down...NO could go get Dorsey, but if the Shockey deal goes down this AM they might not have the ammo to - Al doesn't want 2009 picks (he's in win now mode plus there is concern about signing 2009 picks with huge guaranteed money with a potential work stoppage on the immediate horizen). If he takes McFadden, KC is next up and they need a DE or OT and might take Gholston knowing a quality OT should still be there at 17. Then comes the JETS with Ellis and Dorsey still sitting there and our rumored infatuation with Ellis...

You can gauge a teams need to some extent, but gauging their mentality is a whole other kettle of fish. Hard to say with some teams whether they are drafting for need, for BPA, for safest pick or consumed with screwing with a rival they are obcessed with...

I guess in several hours we will know.

So in that scenario they envision Dorsey sliding into the second tier of the top ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes