PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Season Potential 3-4 NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I have found three guys that might work rfor us as a true 3-4 backup NT. I plan on following each of these guys as best I can during the upcoming season.

1.) Phil Taylor of Baylor. Listed at 350 pounds, probably goes a good bit more.

2.) Jerrell Powe of Ole Miss. Listed at 340 and looks strong enough.

3.) Kendrick Ellis of Hampton. Another guy listed at 340, but might be the tallest of the bunch at 6'4" or so.

Unfortunately, my faith in Brace as the backup NT is shaky and I can not see Wright or Pryor holding up for an exended period of time.

I think its too early to give up on Brace. We have to give him until the end of this season. Not that those guys aren't legit candidates.

I'm not even looking at NT right now because our need at 34 DE is head and shoulders our biggest need come next April.

I think its too early to give up on Brace. We have to give him until the end of this season. Not that those guys aren't legit candidates.

I'm not even looking at NT right now because our need at 34 DE is head and shoulders our biggest need come next April.

I agree right up to the point where Wilfork goes down, then we are in crisis mode and our first round pick will probably be lower than the Raiders.

I will post a preview of projected 3-4 DE"s shortly.

Taylor had a few legal problems at PSU and eventually tossed out of school. Doubt he would be on our board.

Taylor had a few legal problems at PSU and eventually tossed out of school. Doubt he would be on our board.

Good point. I did not know that. I may have to drop him from my watch list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes