PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-season NCAA Prospects (Jr./Sr.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a couple of the coaches tapes over last season;s games at Florida and he popped for me when I was watching the tape. The speed, the moves, the play making ability.

BUT... there is always a but, what position is he? Florida appeare to move him all over the place. Is Harvin the next Faulk, without the blitz pick up ability, or is he the next Troy Brown, only with more speed.

He is a talent, but is he another Hester or is he a player that can also contribute in the base offense.

He can be used in a number of places (I'm a Gator fan). He can come out of the backfield, line up at the receiver position, even take the snap. And he can take kick-off returns. Think of Darren Sproles when you see him.

Unless his learning disabilities interfere with his ability to learn the line calls, I can't Oher, not fitting into the Pats OL scheme. He is big, solid build (Not flabby), athletic, mobile and has decent technique and fundamentals. He probably won't win any science, math or English competitions, but as long as he can learn line calls, he is good as gold for the Pats.

That's basically what I meant - that it really could affect his ability to learn the line calls - when I said learning disabilities, I didn't mean something that just affected his scholastic grades.

In the book his high school coach and foster parents had to explain his duties by moving ketchup bottles and stuff around the tables - I agree that he's a physical specimen, and if BB/Pioli pick him next year then I firmly believe he'll be a great fit, I just feel like the question mark regarding his mental abilities might be enough to raise a red flag.

He can be used in a number of places (I'm a Gator fan). He can come out of the backfield, line up at the receiver position, even take the snap. And he can take kick-off returns. Think of Darren Sproles when you see him.

I saw Percy throughout his whole High School career. I'm really not impressed. Yeah, he put up huge numbers but the system he was in was incredible. Plus the guy has an attitude problem. I won't be surprised when he isn't anything special in the NFL.

I saw Percy throughout his whole High School career. I'm really not impressed. Yeah, he put up huge numbers but the system he was in was incredible. Plus the guy has an attitude problem. I won't be surprised when he isn't anything special in the NFL.

What do you mean by atitude problem? Over confident? superman complex? help us out on this.

As a hardcore Gator fan, this is honestly the first time I've seen Percy Harvin and "attitude problem" in the same sentence. And what does a system have to do with it? The guy has blazing speed, soft hands, and incredible moves. I remember the Michigan game last year when he and Tebow were our offense. Harvin had over 100 yards rushing and over 100 yards receiving. He was dog tired in the 4th quarter because he was doing so much and had to lay down on the sideline and get fluids because he was so cramped. The guy can do it all. Why anybody would hate on him is beyond me.

As a hardcore Gator fan, this is honestly the first time I've seen Percy Harvin and "attitude problem" in the same sentence. And what does a system have to do with it? The guy has blazing speed, soft hands, and incredible moves. I remember the Michigan game last year when he and Tebow were our offense. Harvin had over 100 yards rushing and over 100 yards receiving. He was dog tired in the 4th quarter because he was doing so much and had to lay down on the sideline and get fluids because he was so cramped. The guy can do it all. Why anybody would hate on him is beyond me.

I got to agree with you, I was on the campus and in the athletic facilities almost the entire time and didn't even hear any rumors of anything like this.

Anyone know much about the 2 linebackers from South Carolina, Jasper Brinkley and Eric Norwood? Both seem to have good size (Brinkley is 6'2" 275, Norwood 6'1" 270), both are productive (Brinkley - 1st team 2007 All-SEC voted on by coaches, Norwood 1st team 2008 All-SEC by coaches as well). Just wondering if anyone here knew something beyond the scouting report. Thanks in advance.

Anyone know much about the 2 linebackers from South Carolina, Jasper Brinkley and Eric Norwood? Both seem to have good size (Brinkley is 6'2" 275, Norwood 6'1" 270), both are productive (Brinkley - 1st team 2007 All-SEC voted on by coaches, Norwood 1st team 2008 All-SEC by coaches as well). Just wondering if anyone here knew something beyond the scouting report. Thanks in advance.

Norwood is a thumper, but I doubt his mobility and lateral movement at the next level. Not sure he has the speed BB seems to be acquiring lately to play inside for the Pats.

Brinkley is coming off a severe knee injury and I am curious to see how he does this year. Before he got hurt, I was all for BB drafting this kid in the second or third round to play inside for us, depending on how he ran of course.

Norwood is a thumper, but I doubt his mobility and lateral movement at the next level. Not sure he has the speed BB seems to be acquiring lately to play inside for the Pats.

Brinkley is coming off a severe knee injury and I am curious to see how he does this year. Before he got hurt, I was all for BB drafting this kid in the second or third round to play inside for us, depending on how he ran of course.

Thanks I appreciate the insight. On size alone these kids are appealing. Hopefully Brinkley didn't lose any speed with the knee injury. If I'm remembering correctly I believe he set the school record for TFL in 2006. I'll try to keep an eye on them if they're on national TV sometime this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes