Not open for further replies.

cartmen

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
"Gentleman,...unleash hell"

or my personal favorite

"Sick em"

:D:cool:

How 'bout, "Let's just everyone do their jobs, worry about your own assignments, one play at a time for 60 minutes"....something relatively predictable. Hopefully he isnt using his best material wk 1 vs. Herman Edwards' squad.

How 'bout, "Let's just everyone do their jobs, worry about your own assignments, one play at a time for 60 minutes"....something relatively predictable. Hopefully he isnt using his best material wk 1 vs. Herman Edwards' squad.

you sir are kill joy :p

He should just hold up a Giants SB42 shirt. Words are not needed.

Holy crap that would be good motivation. On the way out to the field should be a not-so-subtle reminder of what almost was.

It would get me fired up.

"Let's be careful out there."

Holy crap that would be good motivation. On the way out to the field should be a not-so-subtle reminder of what almost was.

It would get me fired up.

I would say the "perfect season" banner is a pretty solid not-so-subtle reminder...

OK men time to put the women and children to bed and go looking for **cking dinner.

EDIT: I guess I should be crediting the right people for these so This first one is from the Movie "The Program"

Last edited:
Or maybe some of you perfer the classics

Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say.
Played a great game...all of you. Great game.
(He tries to smile.)
I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.
(Rockne pauses and says quietly.)
I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years --
None of you ever knew George Gipp.
It was long before your time.
But you know what a tradition he is at Notre Dame...
(There is gentle, faraway look in his eyes as he recalls the boy's words.)
And the last thing he said to me -- "Rock," he said -
"sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the
breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there
with all they got and win just one for the Gipper...
(Knute's eyes become misty and his voice is unsteady as he finishes.)
I don't know where I'll be then, Rock", he said - "but
I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

There is a hushed stillness as Rockne and the crowd of boys look at each other. In the midst of this tense silence, Rockne quietly says "Alright," to the men beside him, and his chair is wheeled slowly out of the dressing room.

PLAYER # 12

Well, what are we waiting for?

With a single roar, the players throw off their blankets and rush through the doorway.

Edit: as I am sure you all know this is the Knute Rockne speech

Last edited:
one last option :D and maybe we need Frank Caliendo for this one :D

"I don't know what to say really. Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the **** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces, and I think... I mean I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me, and lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. And so is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean... one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow too fast, you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ******* difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this - in any fight, it's the guy whose willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is!

The 6 inches in front of your face...

Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it,

you're gonna do the same for him.

That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is.

Now, what are you going to do?"

Edit: and this one is from the movie "Any Given Sunday"

Last edited:
and then after Frank does that he can slip right into Walton and say "That movie is Horrrrible!, the acting was Terrrible!"

To the defense: Get the eff off the field after 3rd down.

To the offense: Linemen, show some effin pride and protect my QB.

Take it one step further. Replace the usual grey hoodie with a Giants Super Bowl 42 Champions hoodie... cut the sleeves off of course :D

That way, everytime a player has to sheepishly return to the sidelines after messing up a play, he sees Bill's scowl and that damn sweatshirt...

and then after Frank does that he can slip right into Walton and say "That movie is Horrrrible!, the acting was Terrrible!"

LT playing a drugged up linebacker whats not to like......."which brings me to my next point Don't smoke crack." from The Waterboy

Last edited:
LT playing a drugged up linebacker whats not to like......."which brings me to my next point Don't smoke crack." from The Waterboy

Those examples are both cases of art imitating Life ;)

"My hemmerhoids are killing me"

Let's start running up the score again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes