PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre draft Questions?

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1- Is Maroney's 100% over his injury ? I hope so or we need to draft a RB

2- Will Asante's be with us this year? I would like to see him resigned
but we must get a #1 for him if we trade him...or more

3- Do we want the Jetsters to sign Gay do we can get a 2nd?
I hope we keep him only because its them.

4- Will CJ give us much this year? He could really open the passing game up

5 -Who is our punter?

6- Will Troy be back? I can't see him playing with another team.

7 - If we have the money; any players like Wilfork we should extend
or is it too early to do this? I love his play and want to lock him up a few more years.

1. Draft a running back regardless of Maroney's condition.

2. Draft a cornerback but be patient with Asante.

3. Take the #2. Even in college Gay was oft injured.

4. Assume CJ will not be a major contributor this year.

5. Should know in 24 hours if Sauerbrun will be re-signed. If not, Miller.

6. For old times sake, take him back even if he starts on PUP.

7. Too early to re-sign. Would set a precedent.

You answered em all and good replies
thanks

1. Draft a running back regardless of Maroney's condition.

2. Draft a cornerback but be patient with Asante.

3. Take the #2. Even in college Gay was oft injured.

4. Assume CJ will not be a major contributor this year.

5. Should know in 24 hours if Sauerbrun will be re-signed. If not, Miller.

6. For old times sake, take him back even if he starts on PUP.

7. Too early to re-sign. Would set a precedent.

Cousins,
As NFL Network just stated. Former Bengal CB Tory James is considering New England. This kind of changes everything. He is 33 years old (He was pretty decent and better than Scott) , but if the Jets fall in love with Gay, so be it! Take the second rounder.
We need at least 3 DB's in this draft. Safeties and CB's.
DW Toys.

And I also see where we just matched the offer for Sauerbrun

My answers echo a lot of what Jimke said:

1- Is Maroney's 100% over his injury ? I hope so or we need to draft a RB. If he's not over his injuries, we should draft a RB. If he is over his injuries, we should draft a RB!

but we must get a #1 for him if we trade him...or more
Perhaps you haven't read the official Patsfans.com policy: you may not use the word "resign" in situations when you mean "re-sign"!

I hope we keep him only because its them.

Opinion here is split. With our luck in Round 2, I'll take the player, but either way we get something good.

4- Will CJ give us much this year? He could really open the passing game up.

No, CJ will not give us much this year.

5 -Who is our punter?

It's guaranteed that it'll be someone good. Saurbraun was/is great and we have him. Plus Miller is good and we have him, too.

6- Will Troy be back? I can't see him playing with another team.

Probably back (at least as a coach!)

or is it too early to do this? I love his play and want to lock him up a few more years. When the time comes, we'll try to do so, but either Warren or Wilfork will leave.

And let's add a question....
8 - What sort of injuries will we have at LB?

Bruschi will be injured a fair amount. Vrabel will get banged up. Colvin will miss some time. Seau if he returns will get hurt fairly fast.

1- Is Maroney's 100% over his injury ? I hope so or we need to draft a RB. Take a RB sometime but not first day.

but we must get a #1 for him if we trade him...or more. Yes he will be with us.

I hope we keep him only because its them.If they do we get a second rounder if they don't we get a young DB who could contribute if he stays healthy. win/win

4- Will CJ give us much this year? He could really open the passing game up. He's suppose to be ready for TC

5 -Who is our punter? Miller or Saurbrun
6- Will Troy be back? I can't see him playing with another team. Yes
or is it too early to do this? Too early
I love his play and want to lock him up a few more years.

1) I think they should draft a RB, but a complementary type like Lorenzo Booker or Darius Walker, with the thought that Kevin Faulk is getting older.

2) I think Asante staying out most of camp, but reports for the season. I don't see the Deion Branch-type holdout because I don't see him walking away from $500K per game.

3) I like Gay as a CB and he does a decent job on ST, but if the Jets want to sign him you take the 2nd. Can't lose either way.

4) I don't see CJ making much of an impact this year, but I'm hopeful he can return at some point to get a little more experience and be ready to take on a larger role in 2008.

5) Unless they can trade Miller for some value, they probably will take whoever punts better in camp. Competition is a good thing, IMO.

6) I really hope Troy returns. He is like our lucky charm. I say he comes back and contributes as a 3rd/4th WR and 5th CB to go with ST duties. Not a big role, but still helping the team.

7) Warren is a high priority to re-sign at some point. I'd like to see Eugene Wilson get a new deal if the money isn't too bad (I think his versatility makes him a valuable player). Also, while Tedy Bruschi is slowing down I'd like to see him get a new deal and play a couple more years, like of like Troy Brown the last couple seasons.

And let's add a question....
8 - What sort of injuries will we have at LB?

Bruschi will be injured a fair amount. Vrabel will get banged up. Colvin will miss some time. Seau if he returns will get hurt fairly fast.

Wow we have our very own Nostradamus.

The most pressing questions:

1) Where is the depth at LB going to come from? Does BB really think Mays and Woods are ready to fill in if called upon for more than a few plays? Is Alexander as low an impact player as he looked against the Colts? With the front seven so key to our success aren't these the most vexing questions right now?

2) Is the defensive backfield about to undergo a whole scale reconstruction because of Samuel's(anyone really think he'll be here for more than one year, if that?), Wilson's (no renewal yet - why?), Harrison's (we'll be lucky if he can play well one more season) pending departures? Can Sanders be a factor back there? If not - we could be looking at an entirely new starting DB in 2008, or at least two or three new starters for certain. So the question becomes not if, but how many DB's we will draft. Can you say Brandon Merriweather?

3) Is Sammy Morris here to lug the rock on a regular basis or is he going to be a spot player like in Miami? If he's only aimed for spot duty then how high a pick does BB spend on a RB?

4) Is BB getting fed up with how many hits Brady is taking and the inconsistent run blocking? Will the switch to zone blocking mean we need some OL with different kinds of skills than the present group? Though the sack numbers aren't bad, do the repeated beatings on Brady convince BB that nothing could be worth more than a round one stud LT to stabilize the line so he could put Light at RT and then have at least four above average OL in Light (at RT), Mankins, Koppen and the yet drafted youngster? Neal and Kaczur would be good depth then, not both forced into starting, with solid backups coming from Hochstein and O'Callaghan.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back