PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Draft Excitement: I Think My Mind is Going to Explode

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever spent as much time as I have this year following players during the football season, watching video, writing, thinking, and debating about this year's draft. I feel like I am now familiar and knowledgable any player who could possibly be drafted on Saturday. I have been waiting for Day 1 of the NFL Draft to happen for months now. I can't wait. This is sad, I know.

I'll be catching the draft while friends and I barbecue during the afternoon. My alcohol consumption will depend entirely on what happens tomorrow. There are so many variables still out there:
- What will happen to Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Ashlie Lelie, and Stallworth?
- If the Texans take Super Mario, how does that dramatically change picks #2-10?
- Will the Pats go LB/DE/WR/OL in the first round?
- How many trades down and up will Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli make?
- How many post-questions about the draft will Belichick talk about but not actually answer?

Finally, I wanted to make a pledge for tomorrow. For every draft pick selected, traded away, or traded for, I will take a shot. I feel I owe it to myself after all the time invested in this silly event.

maverick4 said:
I don't think I've ever spent as much time as I have this year following players during the football season, watching video, writing, thinking, and debating about this year's draft. I feel like I am now familiar and knowledgable any player who could possibly be drafted on Saturday. I have been waiting for Day 1 of the NFL Draft to happen for months now. I can't wait. This is sad, I know.

I'll be catching the draft while friends and I barbecue during the afternoon. My alcohol consumption will depend entirely on what happens tomorrow. There are so many variables still out there:
- What will happen to Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Ashlie Lelie, and Stallworth?
- If the Texans take Super Mario, how does that dramatically change picks #2-10?
- Will the Pats go LB/DE/WR/OL in the first round?
- How many trades down and up will Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli make?
- How many post-questions about the draft will Belichick talk about but not actually answer?

Finally, I wanted to make a pledge for tomorrow. For every draft pick selected, traded away, or traded for, I will take a shot. I feel I owe it to myself after all the time invested in this silly event.

Mav, I too am having a BBQ and I can't wait. I have put together a "cheat sheet" of the top ranked players at each position and have a little blurb on each of them. Now that's sad--but I don't care--IT'S DRAFT WEEKEND EVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back