PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-draft contacts (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, because I think he'd be a good player as a late round pick, he automatically is a binkie??? :wha:

Well, unless I'm totally misreading Posting Rule #318A, Sub-section (ii), Article 3, it sure seems to. ;)

Well, unless I'm totally misreading Posting Rule #318A, Sub-section (ii), Article 3, it sure seems to. ;)
If you were reading that rule under the light of a crescent moon after bathing in swamp water, drinking 1C of white lightening, and dancing naked to Stairway to Heaven on a ground hornet nest, you probably did misinterpret the binky statutes. This happens quite often when people forget to go to the hospital after reading #317D Sub-section (i), Article 1 and just push through the rest of the posting rules in a hurry. The entirety of #318A should only be read with bed rest after administration of anaphylactic shock treatments, having your stomach pumped, and administration of morphine. Common mistake, so don't feel badly ... get well soon.

If you were reading that rule under the light of a full moon after wading in Lake Champlain, drinking one bottle of PUTINKA, and dancing naked to Scottish bagpipes on the green-bladed earth, you probably did misinterpret the binky statutes.

You were there too?

If you were reading that rule under the light of a crescent moon after bathing in swamp water, drinking 1C of white lightening, and dancing naked to Stairway to Heaven on a ground hornet nest, you probably did misinterpret the binky statutes. This happens quite often when people forget to go to the hospital after reading #317D Sub-section (i), Article 1 and just push through the rest of the posting rules in a hurry. The entirety of #318A should only be read with bed rest after administration of anaphylactic shock treatments, having your stomach pumped, and administration of morphine. Common mistake, so don't feel badly ... get well soon.

Morphine? That WOULD explain quite a bit. Thanks!

Some people think that any old insect mound can be danced on with no ill effect; even fire ants.

Don't argue with the voice of experience.

:nono:

Some people think that any old insect mound can be danced on with no ill effect; even fire ants.

Don't argue with the voice of experience.

:nono:

You DID see the part about the morphine, right?

"But in a way, the discussion about whether the Patriots are running up scores is really about competing ethics. It's about gamesmanship vs. sportsmanship. The gamesman is exclusively focused on winning. Rules are something to be maximally exploited, and the final score is an expression of superiority. The sportsman is more focused playing the game the way it "ought" to be played, and is perhaps even willing to lose in the name of sportsmanship." - Sally Jenkins

I think virtually everyone missed on this one.

And continues to.

There is nothing more disrespectfull to you opponent than not playing as hard as you can for 60 minutes.

Coach Bill did it right.

I wondered who that guy came with...
People used to give my sister their problem horses just to get rid of them, she'd retrain them and sell them ... I think she got my brother-in-law that way and decided to keep him.

AdamSchefter Coach Belichick did not approve this tweet. RT @Mark_Ingram22 Headed to the airport, off to Boston...

Pure unconfirmed speculation, but Mark Ingram is flying into Logan. He neither confirmed nor denied if it is for a visit with the Patriots.

Mark Ingram on Twitter today, about noontime:
"Headed to the airport, off to Boston... Another week living in the airport."

Mark Ingram on Twitter today, at about 12:30:
"Everyone is assuming I'm visiting New England, maybe i have a connecting flight in Boston? Lol who knows"

Edit: Boston Globe's Greg Bedard says "Mark Ingram is scheduled to drop by espn in Bristol on Tuesday so it looks like a brief stop in Foxboro"

Last edited:
Earlier on in this thread I noted that Robert Quinn had said that he was meeting every team between one and twenty eight which suggests that he was, in some way, meeting with the Patriots. However, I've seen nothing else to suggest any contact between the two parties. With Quinn's season off, his, by his standards, sluggish combine and the question about how he would convert from DE to OLB, I would have thought that he, of any candidate, would need to get face time with the Patriots so that they could determine whether any of those issues amount to red flags. Is it possible that these meetings could be kept secret, or does the lack of a reported contact suggest a lack of interest from the Pats?

Earlier on in this thread I noted that Robert Quinn had said that he was meeting every team between one and twenty eight which suggests that he was, in some way, meeting with the Patriots. However, I've seen nothing else to suggest any contact between the two parties. With Quinn's season off, his, by his standards, sluggish combine and the question about how he would convert from DE to OLB, I would have thought that he, of any candidate, would need to get face time with the Patriots so that they could determine whether any of those issues amount to red flags. Is it possible that these meetings could be kept secret, or does the lack of a reported contact suggest a lack of interest from the Pats?
Lack of reported contact does not confirm or deny anything. At this point all prospects are on and off the table. There will be so much speculation ... :confused2:

ESPN are reporting that Ryan Mallett is visiting the Patriots:

Last week the New England Patriots made headlines by hosting a two-day visit with Washington quarterback Jake Locker. This week another top quarterback prospect -- Arkansas' Ryan Mallett -- has caught the eye of the Patriots.

According to multiple league sources, New England is hosting Mallett for a two-day visit this week on Monday and Tuesday.

Sorry, not enough posts to enable me to post a link.

Re: Doug Hogue - V & PW

Here's a solid sleeper:

visit

Today, on the last day to have visitors into Gillette Stadium, they are hosting Syracuse linebacker Doug Hogue. The projected middle-round selection is a 6-foot-2, 226-pound speed guy who is Pro Football Weekly’s 32nd best player at his position. A former third-string running back who morphed into a standout linebacker, Hogue is raw, athletic, and just learning how to play his position.
private workout

He told me today he worked out for the Giants last Thursday and the Jets last Friday, and said he will work out for the New England Patriots tomorrow.

Re: Patriots Player Contact Page

Very very smart of you to bring up. Some people throw away the contacts list and label it as misinformation, but the majority of players drafted by a team are usually part of that list.

We often look closest to Gillette visits, but I recall from last year that Aaron Hernandez was the only guy who visited and was drafted. Going from memory, but I remember being sort of surprised at that.

Boston Globe is reporting the Patriots hosted USC OT Tyron Smith.

Re: Patriots Player Contact Page

We often look closest to Gillette visits, but I recall from last year that Aaron Hernandez was the only guy who visited and was drafted. Going from memory, but I remember being sort of surprised at that.
Gronkowski visited, we just never saw a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back