PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayer Request for New Life Church

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
As you may have seen in the headlines, there was a deadly attack this weekend on our brothers and sisters at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. Its worship team, Desperation Band, led by Jared Anderson, has ministered to many of us around the world through their music with such worship songs as 'Hear Us From Heaven', 'The Beauty of the Lord', 'Amazed', 'Everything to God', and 'Perfect One'.

I ask for prayers for the people in Colorado. And that we stand together and face down the enemy whose only wish is to kill, steal, and destroy.

Desperation Band and many other young people from New Life Church came to our church, Life Church in Olathe,KS, on November 7th. It hasnt been the first time they have partnered with us and it wont be the last.

I've included a video that captures some of the youthful joy of that evening and to put a human face on this story. The media would like to tell you New Life Church is about the mistakes made by one man, but they wont tell you about the thousands of people who continue the work of ************ and continue to make a difference in the Kingdom of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVmSn_hYzHA

I will also share some beautiful music videos by Desperation Band in tribute. May God bless you and keep you in peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGBRkx--w7I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O84B2ka7Iv4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDbXZwVZd8Q&feature=related

It is indeed a tragedy. My condolences go out to the familys

Just to put a more human face on this tragedy....
this a forwarded letter i received from an eyewitness to the events at New Life Church..... And I respectfully ask that more than 3 weeks go by before these good, decent people are ridiculed further because their former Pastor turned out to be a flawed human being..........................
that is neither a reflection on them or the God they serve. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

What an afternoon for so many people that we know at New Life Church. Our neighbor and close friend had been next to the shooter inside the church without knowing all that had gone on outside in the parking lot. She and her 11 year old son had just turned the corner when the guy opened fire. She heard at least 15 rounds going off and someone whisked she and her son out of the main church building and rushed them and many others into the basement of the World Prayer Center located very close and next door to the church on the main campus. They were there for several hours.

With the shooting in Arvada last night at the Youth With A Mission base, our pastor had upped the security detail inside and outside our church this morning just in case. Well, thank God he did that, because we have been told the man who took down the shooter was one of those who had been assigned after the Arvada shooting. We just wonder what would have happened without those extra security people (off duty policemen and women).

Our neighbor had been telling her daughter all afternoon on her cell phone from the basement of the World Prayer Center that the shooter was dead and another person---she said at that time that a total of two were dead. I think that is what has been confirmed. One of Jonathan's close friends has been seeking God, and goes to the World Prayer Center or into the main sanctuary after services on Sunday morning to commune with God if he does not attend a service. He was walking toward the doors on the east side of the main complex (which are the doors that we always go in and out of church and close to where we usually park) and saw two men bent over what he thought must be a person. He ran over, and sure enough it was, and he is training to be a police officer and already knows life saving rescue techniques and tried to revive the person, but could not. Just then there was more shooting, and a policeman came over to the group, and Jonathan's friend took off running, and was one of the few able to get in his vehicle and get out of the parking lot. He is really shaken up.

What the press is not letting anyone know at this time is that the shooter was forced into the building by security guards and he had to go past the children's church area (1500 plus kids in there at that time), and he started into one of the doorways that leads into the old sanctuary where children's church is held, and eye witnesses say that he abruptly turned around in the doorway and ran into the main foyer and that is where he was eventually shot. Praise God! Those children were spared; angels were there watching over those kids.

Just wanted to let you all know more details. We are so thankful that time constraints to get Christian's snow tires on after a three day wait list, and tickets to the Nutcracker had kept us from being there this morning.

Brita

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back